[PMC] Fundraiser #2 - Development

SwitchViewz

Things are looking fantastic! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have the needed time available to finish the moonbase dome(s). If someone could finish up the red moonbase and copypasta with substituted materials into a green base.

I have duplicated the walls and door stuff you had already done - do you have any guidance on how you wanted it finishing up?

No particular plans - I didn't especially like the "gatehouse" area I had already built, so you could redo that to make more minimalist if you wish. I was planning on putting colored sheep pits in each of the 4 diamond-shaped alcoves in the outer walls for better shared usage, and anything else needed inside the dome. After making the trees, I noticed there isn't really that much space inside the dome for people to build things - maybe that would have better volume in a square region outside the moonbase dome?

• Upvote 1

I hit the Othello hard last night and got almost all the blast door wiring up and running; it's shaping up quite nicely, though I do need to figure out how to make a redstone water detector for part of it.

It's looking like it's gonna turn out nice and properly mazelike, if only because of the deck layouts and staircase locations that will be necessary for working around its redstone guts.

• Upvote 1

Silver and I got a bunch of mods together from P today before the admin hunt and had a short 15-20 minute build session to help fill our need for small builds. Here's everyone that showed and some loot in one of the things built.

We hope to do this again in the near future to help fill the need for small builds! Thank you to everyone that came today!

Here's some pictures of things people built:

StarMinion1

SwitchViewz

Silversunset01

pez252

schererx8

• Upvote 2

Update:

1. As of right now, the map currently contains approximately 35 things that aren't essential/main builds, ranging from tiny to huge, and the plots area has a bunch more that I still need to paste in. We still need volunteers to build things (anyone willing to build large rock formations is basically the King of E right now - I will build you a tiny throne and everything).

YWg1lJp.png?1

2. Zomise has pretty much completed the South West buff, and we've pasted it in the map.

3. Both lime and red team ships and domes are now completed and pasted into the relevant team islands. Spawn-ship builders, please if you get time, could you check your builds are functional after pasting, and add / edit anything you think necessary (thank-you!).

OoyBWcP.png?1

uLNrx7I.png?1

Most of the ongoing work right now is just building, and persuading people to build, and then pasting those builds/rocks into the map etc. so there's less to report - but things are moving forward, so please do join in if you can!

~Didy

• Upvote 1

And I still have to finish the interior of the middle buff "tower"... apologies for my inactivity over the past two weeks; it's been hectic.

On that note, the idea of the Othello is that it's supposed to be a neutral ship, disabled by mysterious circumstances, over which the two factions are fighting. So if anyone wants to build/paste a couple of red and lime ships battling one another over/around it, that would save me some work. :P

• Upvote 1

Hey there everyone, the eadmins and head admins have decided that we will not be launching the fundraiser at the end of those month. We have decided to delay it until sometime in Q1 of 2016.

We hope that by delaying it that it will give us more time to make the event even better as well as work on some holiday events. Please note that work is still ongoing for the fundraiser and we need all the help we can get.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's the half of the map that we have been concentrating on developing (tiny red scher spawn ship for scale):

lOwU5zF.png?2

I've added approximately 10 more things to this half since this map was made, and am currently finishing up adding ore to all the empty rock formations (nearly done).

A bunch of amazing people have claimed various rocks to decorate/make unique. This is the main part we could use more helpers on, if anyone is interested. There's also the option to build your own space 'stuff' like the monster in the post above.

Once I have finished adding ore, I'm going to start flipping rock formations and pasting them into the other half of the map (mostly because I am extremely tired of building rocks :blink:, but also for map balance). The North half of the map I would say is about 50% as complete as this half at the moment.

There are still two buff towers to finish, which aren't pasted in yet. I'd like to get them pasted in soon, so I need to speak to the builders again.

I don't want to harass techs until the map is more complete, but once the buff towers are done, we'd be in a position to get all the buff and flag type stuff up and running and conceivably be approaching a more technical/testing stage of development. With this in mind, I am trying to compile a list of things I think I might need, or that need to be checked, as well as things that aren't essential but would be fun additions. I'm a bit technically impaired, so I'll potentially be handing over a gibberish list to the techs, but I'm trying to read the previous checklists and threads about past CTFs to give me some idea.

Tl;dr: Rocks are my life now.

~SpaceDidy

• Upvote 1

There are still two buff towers to finish, which aren't pasted in yet. I'd like to get them pasted in soon, so I need to speak to the builders again.

~SpaceDidy

Yeah, the Othello still needs some work before it's finished. :/

Off the top of my head... designing a water-detecting redstone circuit to start the door puzzle, building in the reactor core 'parkour' segment, and fully fleshing out the interior with furnishings and decorative elements. And creeper spawners in the main cargo bay.

Also, there's a lot of space for hiding chests and goodies. Like, a lot of space; it's a big damn ship. XD What sort of things would be interesting to put in there aside from the buff?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the Othello still needs some work before it's finished. :/

Off the top of my head... designing a water-detecting redstone circuit to start the door puzzle, building in the reactor core 'parkour' segment, and fully fleshing out the interior with furnishings and decorative elements. And creeper spawners in the main cargo bay.

Also, there's a lot of space for hiding chests and goodies. Like, a lot of space; it's a big damn ship. XD What sort of things would be interesting to put in there aside from the buff?

Hey Narissis - do you mind if I go ahead and paste this into the real 'space' map? I'd rather do it now because it can screw up redstone a bit. It also means we can build the 'space battle' around it more easily (and sooner). You'd need to finish it up there instead, but I can warp it for you so it's easy to get to.

If possible, I'd rather focus on getting the primary purpose of the ship functional for now (i.e. the challenge of getting to and activating the buff), before thinking about things like loot etc. although I have, admittedly, become fond of renaming bits of paper and books to things like "Spaceship Etiquette vol. 2" and leaving them in chests for no good reason. :biggrin:

~Captain Didy: Space Pirate

p.s. A random update picture courtesy of MasterCommaThe's building skills:

07lSO4T.png?1

• Upvote 1