LordCoventry [Dumbo52]

shoobox11

Guest Former Staff

Hello LordCoventry, I've contacted Dumbo on your behalf to make him aware of your active ban appeal. He is about to head away soon, so if he does not have the time to respond, then I will handle your appeal from the next 24 hours.

In relation to your appeal, I'm going to share the ban reason: Ban for LordCoventry on c.nerd.nu for Griefing, racist/homophobic/offensive builds and signs on P. No constructive edits by Dumbo52 on 2015-07-31.

LordCoventry,

I apologize for the delay in this response.

You were banned on the PvE server because you destroyed another player's house, replacing it with a swastika and a phallic build:

VH9cB1F.png
QtSOmIN.png
jhixBeR.png

You also placed several signs with racist, homophobic, and otherwise very offensive text.

BPcoZOB.png
BiV3nwh.png
zieTRHn.png

Additionally, you killed animals that were penned and clearly belonged to someone else.

mA0oXYq.png
wODPvTR.png
xQ9ayTx.png

I also found that you had made the following remarks in public chat on P the previous day:

2015-07-29 17:12:01 | <LordCoventry> im currently not banned from nerd and that makes me vaguely uncomfortable
2015-07-29 17:12:03 | <LordCoventry> so ugh
2015-07-29 17:12:06 | <LordCoventry> niggers

Not knowing that this was someone's house is no excuse for this behavior. Even ignoring all of the other rules you've broken, griefing is the destruction of any build without the builder's permission. Whether or not you thought the house had an owner is irrelevant to the fact that you destroyed someone else's build without having received anyone's permission to do so.

Compounding upon these offenses, I'd also like to bring attention to the fact that this is not your first ban. You were banned in November of last year under your previous Minecraft username, shoobox, for x-raying. The relevant appeals are linked here:

Appeal 1

Appeal 2

Appeal 3

Appeal 4

To summarize this history: After you were banned for x-raying, your ban was extended for inappropriate conduct in Mumble and on the forums, and you were temporarily banned from posting on the forums. Your ban was extended again after you were found to have created four more forum accounts in order to evade your forum ban. You were unbanned in March, four months after you had originally been banned.

Before I give you a ban length, I'd like you to tell me why you think we should unban you this time, in light of these past events. It's clear that you learned nothing from your previous ban; after telling us that "I appologise for my behavior and would like to say that it will not occur again" and "I have read the rules and I understand them", your behavior does not appear to have changed at all from that which got you in trouble earlier. What makes this time any different?

On a side note, I'd also like to ask you not to attempt to troll your way through this appeal like you did your last one. I think that we can both stand to be respectful of each other, and being forthcoming about your actions would be a good place to start; telling the truth and taking this appeal seriously will be your best chance of getting unbanned.

Before I give you a ban length, I'd like you to tell me why you think we should unban you this time, in light of these past events. It's clear that you learned nothing from your previous ban; after telling us that "I appologise for my behavior and would like to say that it will not occur again" and "I have read the rules and I understand them", your behavior does not appear to have changed at all from that which got you in trouble earlier. What makes this time any different?

I feel I should be unbanned due to the fact I'm one of about 12 active users of nerd.

Again, apologies for the delayed response -- I'm currently on vacation, and I've been without internet access for much of the time.

My main concern with giving you an unban date is that your in-game behavior has given me the impression that your sole goal in logging into P was to become banned again. Since the removal of your previous ban in March, your only actions on the servers have been to flaunt your disregard for our rules, and you've had no productive interactions as a player on our servers.

Furthermore, you've taken no accountability for your actions and have shown no remorse so far in this appeal. As far as I'm concerned, you've only persisted in your apparent desire to stay banned. If you want to be unbanned, act like it -- otherwise, it seems pretty counterproductive to unban you. For that reason, I'm not going to set a ban length right now. Instead, please submit another appeal no earlier than 6 months after your ban date (on or after January 31, 2016) and, depending on whether your attitude has changed, we can take another look at your ban.

I'll leave this appeal open for a few more days in case you have any questions. If there is no response within 5 days from now, I'm going to close this thread and wait for your reappeal in 5 months.

Again, apologies for the delayed response -- I'm currently on vacation, and I've been without internet access for much of the time.

My main concern with giving you an unban date is that your in-game behavior has given me the impression that your sole goal in logging into P was to become banned again. Since the removal of your previous ban in March, your only actions on the servers have been to flaunt your disregard for our rules, and you've had no productive interactions as a player on our servers.

Furthermore, you've taken no accountability for your actions and have shown no remorse so far in this appeal. As far as I'm concerned, you've only persisted in your apparent desire to stay banned. If you want to be unbanned, act like it -- otherwise, it seems pretty counterproductive to unban you. For that reason, I'm not going to set a ban length right now. Instead, please submit another appeal no earlier than 6 months after your ban date (on or after January 31, 2016) and, depending on whether your attitude has changed, we can take another look at your ban.

I'll leave this appeal open for a few more days in case you have any questions. If there is no response within 5 days from now, I'm going to close this thread and wait for your reappeal in 5 months.

That's completely fair. Feel free to close this appeal.