[PMC] Some clarifications for C modding please

I was asking this yesterday, but since I didn't get a definite answer, I'll ask these here.

According to this thread:

Region Naming:

All region names must follow this format:

regionowner_regionname

However there's lots of regions now made that do not follow that format and there seemed to be a belief that it's not needed and just a preference. So is the information on that thread old? This makes things a bit confusing for someone who doesn't normally mod on C. Am I missing some updated C mod information somewhere?

Also I would like an answer that protections allowed to go over part of the road? Are the roads considered just to be normal land? There's nothing like that in P and I can't find anything referring to it and nobody answered me in /mb regarding this.

Edit. Anyone? ._.

Yes, the region name format is needed. If a player requests an exception, you could ask a cadmin about it, but you'll probably still want to stick with the format. If you're finding regions not made in the format (not counting spawn city regions and such), it's probably because whoever created the region forgot about the format or overlooked the fact that there is in fact a format for region names. These should be pointed out.

I think the roads are to be treated like a community build, with the cadmins setting the specific rules for them. 

Yes, the region name format is needed. If a player requests an exception, you could ask a cadmin about it, but you'll probably still want to stick with the format. If you're finding regions not made in the format (not counting spawn city regions and such), it's probably because whoever created the region forgot about the format or overlooked the fact that there is in fact a format for region names. These should be pointed out.

I think the roads are to be treated like a community build, with the cadmins setting the specific rules for them. 

Thank you for the answers. :)

What does that mean then when it comes to the roads? There was this one claim area, that one had marked which had part of the road in it? I couldn't get anyone to answer me in /mb whether it was a valid claim or not, so I just had to drop the modreq. Is it ok to include them in claims?

Thank you for the answers. :)

What does that mean then when it comes to the roads? There was this one claim area, that one had marked which had part of the road in it? I couldn't get anyone to answer me in /mb whether it was a valid claim or not, so I just had to drop the modreq. Is it ok to include them in claims?

Someone else feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's okay to include roads in claims.

Sorry, I should have communicated this more clearly.

The highways are meant to be something that anyone can connect to. They're not protected (protecting them would require way too many cuboid regions anyway), so if someone wants to connect their city or another road to it, they can do so without asking (kind of like this, if it were less clumsily done). In that same spirit, I think it should be fine to include part of it in a protection, if a build is right next to it.

I'll put some signs next to the highway periodically with information for users.

• Upvote 1