[PMC] PvE Rev 16 Mod information

Silversunset01

As i’m sure you’ve guessed we have come up with some policy changes for Rev 16 that we are hoping everyone will be excited about. This information will be included in the revision info post, but we wanted to give you all bit more information that we hope will helpful in allowing you to moderate the new policies as we intend for them to be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Region Welcome Messages:

This is designed to allow players to have a welcome message displayed in player chat windows upon entry to their region (currently the only option users have is to do this manually with a named wither). If you have questions on the guidelines please make sure to ask.

Region messages will fire in a users chat window as soon as they cross into the region. It may be a good idea to do /rg sel <region> to see where the boundaries will be. If anything looks weird feel free to ask one of us to take a look.

At this time we are *not* allowing farewell messages.

When is a region message OK:

1. Message can only relate to the region itself (no referencing other areas). So as the mayor of Haven I can ask for “Haven Rules!” - however no other regions can put a welcome message “Haven Sux!”

2. Welcome messages MUST adhere to chat rules (no offensive messages, etc)

3. Messages may *only* be request by a region OWNER. If someone modreqs who is not the region owner please deny the request.

4.  If owners start requesting message changes frequently please deny. We do not want anyone to have to constantly be changing messages and it can become spammy.

5. Region messages can *ONLY* be placed on the main parent region. For example. the region covering Haven could have a message, but not “Haven_west” “Haven_breedatorium”, etc. ← if you run into problems with this, feel free to ask an admin or /elevate.

How to add a region message:

/region flag <region name> greeting ["message"]

if [“message”] is left blank it will clear the regions message.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Land Claims:

This policy is intended to allow players to mark land that they will reasonably use for their build so as to help alleviate some of the land-disputes that can arise from players building within a claimed area. Another note - please DO NOT protect land claims. We are not changing the policy on protecting builds, only allowing for land claim borders to be honored.

This is informational for you only in case you run into questions from players on helping to validate a land claim. Any disputes or questions you can’t answer should be elevated to admins as soon as possible.

How to determine if a claim is valid:

1. Area must be fully enclosed in a solid wall of fence/cobble wall (not blocks) with access points at reasonable intervals (gates, carpet, something) to allow players to escape if they are trapped.

2. Claims only valid from top layer of terrain upwards. These claims are intended to identify areas where there will be building *not* to reserve resources or prevent others from making rail tunnels or mining.

3. Players must place signs at reasonable intervals displaying username / date (and town name if applicable - ideally something like: Silversunset01 / Haven / 2015-AUG-29) so others know who to contact should there be any issues.

4. Claims will EXPIRE if they are not used. This is in place so that players can’t claim a giant area without building on it. There is a handy diagram to help clarify (it is not to scale, I am aware of this)

• [250,250] - [-250,-250] = no land claiming allowed (red)

• [1000,1000] - [-1000,-1000] = land claims are valid for 2 weeks (orange)

• anything outside [1000,1000] - [-1000,-1000]  is valid for 4 weeks. (yellow)
    YOu3riU.png

• Note: Expirations are only going to come into play when there is a land dispute. We are not going to be removing or asking anyone to remove markers just because it hit a certain date.

5. Players may not modify other players land claims for any reason (i.e. moving markers)

6. Admins reserve the right to invalidate any claim for (but not limited to) the following reasons:  being too large (larger than you will reasonably use), claiming with multiple users to bypass any size guidelines, removing/changing claims that were not placed by you, claiming an area solely for access to resource mining, encircling another claim in an effort to take over, or violating any other build rules currently in place.

That's about it. There are other items we referenced in the official info post that we will handle as the need arises, but the above I think will help you guys out a bit in the next rev.

So have fun!

Edit: I forgot to tell you about the flag room! banners will roll back black when doing /lbrb-r, so i've created a fancy room at /home silversunset01 flags for you to place named copies of flags (try using <town>/<username> as the standard) in the chests. Instructions are on the wall in the room, feel free to use it to help keep copies and rollback flags if you find any!

• Upvote 2