Survival: The Next Revision

I may even make a Survival village if I have time, though I doubt they'd flag a small area for PVP without it being an event.

They will, there's been a few posts over the years about the expanding possibilities. I have an idea, a combination of the pvp areas permitted in P and something village-like. We could work on it together and live there?

• Upvote 1

They will, there's been a few posts over the years about the expanding possibilities. I have an idea, a combination of the pvp areas permitted in P and something village-like. We could work on it together and live there?

Are we trying to make "real life simulator 2016"? 

Uncehaven found a way. We have hope in you too.

Uncehaven is a great example, he had to go through the same hate until the PvE'ers realized they wouldn't be able to chase him away. I'd rather not. At least on Survival you could kill someone for being a passive-aggressive little shit

Uncehaven is a great example, he had to go through the same hate until the PvE'ers realized they wouldn't be able to chase him away. I'd rather not. At least on Survival you could kill someone for being a passive-aggressive little shit

Uncehaven didn't receive "hate" because of an inherent bias in P players against S players. He got a chilly reception on P because he's not easy to get along with.

There are plenty of former S players on P who are perfectly civil and get along great with everybody. There are also former S players who are, frankly, shit-disturbers and when people call them out on that they try to blame it on some kind of anti-S prejudice.

The atmosphere on P is non-confrontational as a rule of thumb, which I recognize doesn't offer the element of player competition/adversity that S veterans are accustomed to/looking for. It's not an easy adaptation, but if a player can swallow his or her pride a little bit and try to be courteous, they'll find P much more hospitable than they will if they come to the server antagonizing other players out of the gate.

• Upvote 6

We'll have to disagree on this one Narissis.  That was not my experience trying to play on P.  What you call "non-confrontational" I call "passive-aggressive."  People are very particular about what can be built and where.  I don't want to dredge up old arguments, but I don't think it was a matter of me swallowing my pride, and I don't think it was a matter of anti-S prejudice, I just think the environment of PvE is not for everyone, myself included.  That's why I'm not a fan of attempting another "S city" on PvE.

• Upvote 4

A 'new survival' is on the backburner until 1.9. With all the changes to combat it would be unwise to rebuild it before that lands.

I do think a 1.8 short-term server would be wise, perhaps even a hardcore mode? As nice as pve is toplay on and be a part of towns I do miss running around with a sword. Really depends on what our head admins have planned for this, with any luck we will get a response and some direction soon reguarding the long term plans.

Sounds great to me

• Upvote 1

I'm around 450/2500. I'm building it further in the south away from the bigger cities. atm I'm just gather supplies and clearing land. spider/zombie spawner. I was gonna see if I could border off the area, make it pvp, but allow players to be safe in their homes(if they choose to live there) but pvp would be enabled in a few areas + an arena.

inb4 toxicv dickhead

Can't speak for the others but from what I've observed it's more Uncehaven was taken as a trolling attempt to land grab at spawn and shit build. It's not like that any more, but the may may continues. You're fine to get along with, can't speak for some of the others you choose to build with though /shrug

If PVE folks want to be involved that's obviously great, but building a survival village on PVE seems like a pretty indirect way of influencing the next survival revision.

Not everything PVP related with former S players is trying to undermine the possibility of future S. We're getting on with playing the game together where possible, please join us in that at least if not the town.

Is that the PvP City people were chatting about the other day?

Yup. On the south coast of the mesa, a nice boat ride away from SE portal.

• Upvote 1

If PVE folks want to be involved that's obviously great, but building a survival village on PVE seems like a pretty indirect way of influencing the next survival revision.

I mean, yeah. This is what I want, and hopefully once we've cleared enough land for a flatland PvP area I'm hoping more former S players will join in.

The thing PVE needs to realize is that S is just as Nerd as the rest of the server. PVE, just like S has a few volatile members who are very outspoken. It breaks my heart to see an S player come into chat and ask "so S is dead eh?" only to see overly aggressive replies about how good it is that S is gone.

My goal atm: Create a Survival valley anyone can visit, for nonstop PvP fun. There will of course be safe zones, and of course all PvP enabled zones will be partitioned in such a way that the PvP happening in PvPCity will never include someone who doesn't want to be involved. I believe we're pretty far away for this not to even remotely be an issue.

What's the harm in that? Again, S players were just as Nerd as anyone else. And if you're a former S player, we need your help to make this happen as quickly as possible. I need more people to build, create obstacles and hell "indirectly influence the revival of S", but not in an "occupy pve until our demands are met, sort of way" rather a "look, we're here and we want to play. we're doing it peacefully and getting along with everyone." 

HMU in-game, I'll add you to the region.

• Upvote 1

Any idea who owns that portal? I'd be interested in making a road/rail if at all possible.

Clearmont, I think?

The South East one is Gov's tree on an island out in the ocean. The name to the place is "The Oak Viridia".