Survival: The Next Revision

• 1 month later...

Anything in the last two months of snapshots that you (eager-to-play people) think will make an interesting difference to the type of game S is?

I think the new wings item poses a major opportunity for PvP. If the server made it craftable (because it is not in vanilla), although expensively, it would encourage building on roads, but building big so that others can't swoop into your base. It'd also encourage attacking other players (=encouraging PvP). I think it'd create a group-dynamic for gliding into combat, or something of the nature, with your clan/friends.

Edited by pokegeek1234

Well hello historical survival peeps.  I wanna play!  

Been playing Minecraft with my 6 year old on xbone and am feeling the urge to play with some adults again.  I can lend an administrative hand if needed as well.  I'd be happy to help admin/mod/setup the map assuming people stay up late at night central like they used to.  I can whip out the old microphone for some old fashioned mumble goodness.  

• Upvote 3

We received several reports about the thread so I have removed any posts not relevant to the discussion. Please keep posts on topic and stop the bickering.

As for an update, Barlimore is the one who is in charge of this project and he will update everyone once there is something to update.

:huh:

We received several reports about some of the comments being made were off topic so I went through and removed the comments that were off topic. I posted in here to let everyone know why instead of just removing them. As for the updated part, I was letting everyone know who was in charge of the project and that he would post an update when there was something to tell you guys.

I'm not really sure what the face is about, but please say something to either myself or any other staff if you have an issue with the posts being removed or don't' understand something and we will do our best to help you.

• Upvote 1

Sweet. I'll start logging into P everyone in a while... I may even make a Survival village if I have time, though I doubt they'd flag a small area for PVP without it being an event.

Question: Is S on the back-burner until 1.9 drops and the plugins are updated? I'd honestly like to see another 1.8 release, but with a much smaller map.

• Upvote 3

A 'new survival' is on the backburner until 1.9. With all the changes to combat it would be unwise to rebuild it before that lands.

I do think a 1.8 short-term server would be wise, perhaps even a hardcore mode? As nice as pve is toplay on and be a part of towns I do miss running around with a sword. Really depends on what our head admins have planned for this, with any luck we will get a response and some direction soon reguarding the long term plans.

• Upvote 3

It'd be nice to have some sort of PvP on the network, it's one of the only aspects of Minecraft that's unavailable on Nerd.

I spoke with SwitchViewz a while ago about having another UHC event like the one Slide ran, I think a lot of people had a lot of fun with that one. Although I notice Switch is no longer Event Admin, so I don't know the status of that.

Anyways, something PvP oriented would be nice, even on the Event Server, for those of us who like that sort of thing.

• Upvote 1