Creative staff, can we talk about protections?

nolanater5711

We need to have a talk about protections, and how they are so loosely regulated or managed, which as a consequence, someone can reserve a 500X500 area and someone will reserve another 500X500 area next to it, leaving players like myself to fly for 15-20 minutes trying to find an area that hasn't been completely taken, leaving minimal ideal spots to build. And lets be honest, most of the areas protected if they do get any builds, don't happen for weeks.

In this album http://imgur.com/a/qHJFV you'll find examples of some of the HUGE land claims, some taking entire biomes. Take a look of the live map for other examples.

My opinion is we follow PvEs rule, don't protect until it's built up significantly (roads, house, etc) And not the whole area needs to be protected, just what they built. 

Just my thoughts,

Awaiting a response,

-Old Man Nolan

Hi Nolan,

Thanks for expressing your concern here. We understand there have been many large claimed areas, and some that become abandoned will be removed.

The areas you specifically show are claims that were granted to active players who are known to fill up their regions over time. It is still very early in the rev, that is why much of their claims are mostly empty - by the end of the revision you will likely see the regions filled.

Not to worry though! soon we will be expanding the map and opening some fresh new land!

My opinion is we follow PvEs rule, don't protect until it's built up significantly (roads, house, etc) And not the whole area needs to be protected, just what they built. 

-Old Man Nolan

I don't agree with that idea. For me, I claimed a huge chunk of land because I have a huge project I've been planning forever, and I need a bunch of land for it. Granted, work has been slow on it the last week-ish since I've been busy irl, but I'll get around to working on it. 

IIRC it used to be like that but we ran into the issue of people building on the land that other people planned on expanding onto, and this creates conflict. They can't expand becasue "the other person was there first". This is what happened last rev, so I ended up abandoning a few big projects because of it. This is C, not P. C has giant projects, giant builds, and giant land claims, because it's creative mode, and people plan giant projects. This is also why I feel like C should have giant maps.

(edit - just.. not too big of maps)

Edited by kittypuppet
  • Upvote 1

That doesn't work on C, because they have WE that only works inside their own region. Which means they need to get the region first before starting to build. Allowing WE outside of their own region would cause a lot of problems.

That doesn't work on C, because they have WE that only works inside their own region. Which means they need to get the region first before starting to build. Allowing WE outside of their own region would cause a lot of problems.

Guess I hadn't thought of it that way. Just frustrates me each time I think I find a spot to build, it's protected so far out I can't see the border.

• Upvote 1

Requiring a clear encompassing border is an extremely handy rule when it's combined with the creative livemap. With the two it is quite easy to just fly around on the live map and pick out some potential spots to teleport to in game.

Unlucky that a bunch of good spots are taken, such is the nature of good spots I guess lol

• Upvote 1

Guest Former Staff

Nolanater, I see you've already received a range of responses but I just wanted to point out the classic creative world - There are a small core of us with a friendly community, plenty of room for you to build too if you feel up to a slightly more challenging building style.