[PMC] Creative Speed Building Ideas

Mrloud15

Hello everyone, 

A few of us were talking on creative tonight about ways to increase the number of people participating on creative's speed build event, and we would like to hear if you guys have any other ideas.

In no order, here are the ideas we came up with:

• A final speed build at the end of the rev for the winners on the speed builds throughout the rev, and the winner of that get's a prize (subreddit flair, special plot next rev, statue of them in next rev's spawn, etc) 
  • Museum of all the winners.
  • Items for pve.
  • Start posting on the subreddit and adding the events to the forum calendar. 

• Upvote 1

I'm going to donate a $20 steam gift card to winner of a speed building event. However, instead of just giving it the the winner of next week's event, I'm thinking of taking the top 2 or 3 players for 2 events (next week and the week after) and putting their names into a drawing where the winner would get the gift card.

• Upvote 2

• A final speed build at the end of the rev for the winners on the speed builds throughout the rev, and the winner of that get's a prize (subreddit flair, special plot next rev, statue of them in next rev's spawn, etc) 
  • Items for pve.
  • Start posting on the subreddit and adding the events to the forum calendar. 

All of these ideas sound great especially from a continuity point of view. Personally I like all of these better than the gift card.

One thing you might want to think about is the time of the speed build competition. Very often it's at the same time that P has spleef (well currently not happening). Putting all, even player driven, events to the calendar would help with this. Also at times the speed build is not on Euro friendly times, so maybe try to find a bit earlier time that would work for all? I remember some event where the competition was split so all timezones had their slot and while it worked and could be an option as well, it would be more fun to do it with everyone at the same time.

This is the same idea as the Trophy world I created a few revs ago for Creative, sadly it never got used due to having Speed Build at the end of the rev. Perhaps the Cadmins can consider bringing back a Trophy/Museum world based on the winner builds? That way they're glorified for the rev. :D

• Upvote 2