The great PVP RING! [pve]

unce

Hey guys my friend beedo had a cool idea that I thought I would share here!

Late into the PvE revision things start to get stale. Cities are all finished and we all run out of things to do. The great PVP-RING is the BEST solution to this problem.

Here is how it works:

At the current world border a big spooky looking wall is built with doors every 100 blocks to enter, Signs along the wall will state that the area on the other side of the wall is VERY DANGEROUS and that PVP COMBAT IS ENABLED!

The other side of the wall is a PVP-RING around the current map. In this zone players will be able to battle in exciting PvP combat to fight over all sorts of fancy resources. Possible things beyond the wall could include:

• Plumped or ABOVE ground ores
  • Scary monsters with XP superplumped
  • Large custom-built temples guarded by giant zombies and golems containing special hourly loot.
  • Grinders with 2x+ the efficiency as inland grinders.
  • Overworld wither skeletons
  • Custom PVP-RING villager vendors with special loot
  • and MUCH MUCH MORE!

As you all may know the PvE server has been on a steady decline. The population isn't what is used to be. PVP-RING can bring us into a NEW ERA OF GREATNESS! Let me know what you guys think about this idea. Please be constructive in your replies so we can help improve our server TOGETHER!

:D

Edited by unce
  • Upvote 2

Guest Former Staff

I think the idea sounds really fun. My thoughts are that this feature may not be best suited for P (or maybe I'm wrong).

Would you mind if I mention a variation of this idea in our survival planning topic at some point?

I don't think it'd really work on pve however I like the idea that sounds kinda fun, possible for a future event maybe? it would be an interesting addition to a CTF to have a high plumped ore part but you either take damage slowly over time or mobs are just very powerful there in a cut off section of the map. Good idea but I don't think it's something that'd interest a lot of pve players.

I don't think it'd really work on pve however I like the idea that sounds kinda fun, possible for a future event maybe?

I agree with Sparks here. While I understand the suggested features would be a kind of a reward of going to the PVP area in the first place, it would favour too much those who enjoy PVP over PVE and that's not what the server is for. Also I'm not really seeing this decline in P user base you refer to, that would make it necessary to go to this kind of measures to change the nature of the server. P is quite healthy and doing well.