Forzaire [Head Admin]

GinormousMC

It's been about 17 months since I was banned for changing my birthday and evading.

It's been around a year since I last alted on mumble/minecraft and for the past few months I've essentially ignored the servers and community.

I was hoping my ban could be reevaluated or at the very least shortened. Currently I've been banned since May 2014 and still have until May 2018, which is still ridiculous for what I was even banned for initially.

Guest Former Staff

Hello Forzaire, I want to post a few details of your previous ban appeals just to get a full picture of the events leading up to your initial ban and to date.

Here is your original ban appeal, where you were banned for "forum ban evasion, abusing services and excessive trolling.", in short (as the appeal is lengthy), you continued to change your birthday to the current day of the week despite warnings. This appeal shows that you were originally banned on 24th May 2014 and the ban durations originally set were for:

Forum: 3 months

Mumble: 1 month
Minecraft: 2 weeks

Within your second ban appeal, the issue of ban evading came up and an unban date was set for 1st October 2015.

The following ban appeal appears to have been a further revision of the ban evasion, extending to May 2018.

Early this year, you asked for a reconsideration which was denied as you had not taken your ban seriously. Further into the year, you respectfully asked for another reconsideration, which was also denied.

Which brings us to the present day.

It's been about 17 months since I was banned for changing my birthday and evading.

You could be banned for another day, month, year, ten years. At this point the time duration only postphones responsibility for both ourselves handling your appeal and for you to be able to address concerns without them becoming a jaded memory.

Forgive me if I'm asking you to repeat similar discussions that you've had in past appeals. If you were to be unbanned, how would you go about presenting yourself in future should people have concerns with elements of your behaviour? Would you feel so strongly about refusing requests from admins in future and choose ban evasion as a solution to waste time?

If you can help me to understand your perspective on these two questions, then given your already excessive ban duration, I feel we can begin moving forward.

Hey Barlimore,

First off, thanks for responding so quickly, I was under the impression this was a multi-day process.

As far as your questions go, you can rest assured knowing that my behavior won't be an issue in the future. I don't play Minecraft anymore and in the event of something happening, I'd rather just heed admin warnings and wait for the appeal to be dealt with rather than evading and risking prolonging the ban any longer.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Former Staff

Thank you for your patience Forzaire, I have been in touch via pm prior to this reply to keep you updated. Mrloud and I have been discussing your ban upon several occasions and reached the following conclusion.

Provided you continue to be as you are for the remainder of the month following your ban appeal, then you will be unbanned on December 1st from all services. However given previous experiences, if you are to break any rules that would justify a ban longer than a week, or if you were to receive multiple smaller scale bans then we would reinstate the full ban duration up to May 2018, with additional ban duration depending on the circumstances of the rules broken.

I would hope that is a warning we do not have to follow through with, and instead you can just enjoy your time here like any other member of the community.