How active is this server?

EeHee2000

Just curious as to whether the CS:GO server has been having regular players or not, a chart showing player activity would be great.
The few times I've checked the server in my server browser, it's been empty. 

Edited by EeHee2000
  • Upvote 1

Guest Former Staff

Just curious as to whether the CS:GO server has been having regular players or not, a chart showing player activity would be great.

The few times I've checked the server in my server browser, it's been empty. 

C45y has said it all really but I just wanted to add that your observation is what our current tracking shows: little to no usage.

I personally would enjoy a different game myself, CS:GO while fun, isn't really a game that brings good social construct compared to at least what minecraft once did in-game. to make a social CS:GO we need to have some sort of out-of-game supporting community for it. Which before opening it, the head admins and redwall were really the only ones to speak about it, then it seemed to drop from their focus after opening, so really no one got massively interested... It's also not a game that you can play alone, so even if I were to join, i'd have to find a way to ask someone else to join me... Maybe we can create some sort of communications center for saying "hey, looking to play this game, wanna join me?" because otherwise, my only option to do that is via minecraft... 

• Upvote 2

I personally would enjoy a different game myself, CS:GO while fun, isn't really a game that brings good social construct compared to at least what minecraft once did in-game. to make a social CS:GO we need to have some sort of out-of-game supporting community for it. Which before opening it, the head admins and redwall were really the only ones to speak about it, then it seemed to drop from their focus after opening, so really no one got massively interested... It's also not a game that you can play alone, so even if I were to join, i'd have to find a way to ask someone else to join me... Maybe we can create some sort of communications center for saying "hey, looking to play this game, wanna join me?" because otherwise, my only option to do that is via minecraft... 

The first thing that comes to mind for out of game communication is the steam group chat. However with there being 3 different groups with people in all of them, I would suggest Slack, it's free, easy to setup and easy to use. It has decent plugin support and the ability to ping certain people or channels; you can also setup you're personal client to highlight or ping when certain words are spoken (i.e. CSGO, TF2, Gmod).

@TFT that could help, but it still wont aid the fact that we have zero play value if no one else is on to play.Maybe we need to consider bots, and if we switch to gmod, maybe a cycle of games to play determined by number of players online

@unce I like that idea, personally I don't like the game, but I could see that being very popular

• 3 weeks later...

I can wholeheartedly say that CS:GO is a pretty poor foundation to build any sort of social environment. I currently run a CS:GO Surf server and the social aspects are very minor outside of the well-known players trashtalking each-other in-game. Straight-up shooters aren't usually a good foundation for what we seem to be aiming for in general, but there are exceptions, such as TTT in Garry's Mod. However, that succeeds because the entire premise is to interact with one another rather than just shoot each-other and yell insults. Games that don't really put an emphasis in talking to each-other, I would recommend we avoid if we really want to have any sort of 'sense of community'. 

Edited by EeHee2000
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Former Staff

2016 bump. Any plans on changing the CSGO server to something else soon? I don't it's being used much.

Eventually closing it down and seeing how something like Team Fortress 2 fares has been our plan for a few months now.