Post Apocalyptic Server Idea

dizney07

o u kno who it is folks its ya boiiiii dizney bringin u anoda brilliant idea oooooo here we go

Actually this is an idea I've had in my google docs that I found while writing my final term paper lmaooooooo but I thought I'd post it just to throw something else out there and see if someone wants to take off with some of the ideas or what not. 

Map: 

- The map is made up entirely of desert biomes. 

- Three major cities (destroyed, apocalyptic looking, etc) spread out across the map

- 8 to 10 smaller destroyed locations (amusement park, boardwalk, airport, hospital, etc.) spread out 

- Everything is destroyable 

Basic Gameplay:

- Players spawn with a kit of leather armor, stone sword, and a bit of food in one of the three major cities. Whenever a player dies and respawns without a set bed, they always respawn in one of the three cities and always with a kit.

- No trees, wood can come from abandoned structures. 

- Ores are sparse but still exist. Diamonds can only be found in diamond blocks scattered around cities/structures or won in arenas/ruins/colosseums. 

- Citadel style system is used to protect blocks and structures, griefing is allowed. 

- Whenever players spawn they begin with a "guidebook" (not a rule book, but more of an explanation of new things)

- Rotten flesh can be cooked to make it not give poison hunger (or whatever its called)

- Health doesn't heal unless hunger is 100% full

- No enderchests

- Mobs that spawn in cities/structures are significantly more strong than mobs spawning in the desert. 

- XP is vanilla and enchants are restricted. Better enchants/unique enchants are only available through mob drops in the ruins or through winning colosseums/arenas

Clan Bonuses:

- Players within an official clan (registered by a mod/admin) get a strength boost when fighting near one another

- Registered clans spawn with leather armor that is dyed whichever color they choose (128 different colors if I did math right)

The Colosseum: 

When players enter the colosseum (with /colosseum), they spawn within a room on the bottom floor of the arena. Whenever a fight begins, a random amount of random rooms will be opened (maybe 1v1's, FFA's, etc.), and those people are expected to fight. If a player is killed, they become a spectator and may leave the colosseum, however if they return, they will spawn within a room again and might be expected to fight. This forces players to come as equipped as possible if they wish to enter the colosseum, and all winners will be given amazing gifts. When players leave the Colosseum, they spawn at their bed or at a city. 

Mob Ruins:

Taking the place of the mob arena, these ruins consist of different floors going down. Each floor has mobs, with each floor getting more powerful mobs. However the more powerful the mobs, the better the drops (diamonds, armor, unique enchants, etc.). Players won't know how many floors exist, however defeating the ruins means the players will have a statue built of themselves in the center of the world along with bonuses to their character overall. 

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer, and suggestions are welcome. Even if this isn't something nerd is looking for right now, maybe it will be in the future!

• Upvote 3

How many people do you need to make this map and server settings?

As far as server settings, it should be pretty simple in theory (but i'm no tech admin). From my limited knowledge, all that would really be needed is a plug in for the clan bonuses and citadel. Everything else I'm pretty sure nerd already uses within its servers already (with a little tweaking). 

Making the map would probably be the more difficult part. I mean one person could do it, but having people help build would be pretty neat. I'm not sure honestly. Actually making the world would be simple, only the building would be time consuming. However there are some people who enjoy doing that kind of work so hopefully they could help :-)

Of the settings, plugin and map what could you start yourself, or organise a team to start soon?

I don't know man, it just depends who would be down to help build, who we could get to help out that understands tech stuff and who all wants to really see the server happen. If I was completely by myself, I could make the map and probably start building stuff but I don't know anything about plug ins or tech work lmao

If you start on what you can, you'll motivate others to join in. I don't want to take people too literally, but Unce did say "If this takes off I'd be down to help with building stuff."

Sorry, been away from civilization and internet for a bit. But I don't know what you're suggesting. Are you saying start this as a new server without nerd, or start working on everything without nerds permission? 

If it's the first, then I guess I should explain that I really don't care all that much to start my own community and servers and what not. I've been pushing ideas out like this since like 2014 or something, if I really cared to start on my own or join another community then I probably would have already done that. 

If you're saying start on it on my own for nerds usage, why would I waste my time? If head admins had any interest in this idea at all, they probably would have replied here with some concerns or questions, or possibly have messaged me directly about it. Since neither of those have happened, I assume they are going to "keep this idea in mind" along with the many other ideas players have submitted over the years. Maybe one day we'll get that zombie survival event that I think C had a building contest for a couple years ago. 

• Upvote 4

Sorry, been away from civilization and internet for a bit. But I don't know what you're suggesting. Are you saying start this as a new server without nerd, or start working on everything without nerds permission? 

If it's the first, then I guess I should explain that I really don't care all that much to start my own community and servers and what not. I've been pushing ideas out like this since like 2014 or something, if I really cared to start on my own or join another community then I probably would have already done that. 

If you're saying start on it on my own for nerds usage, why would I waste my time? If head admins had any interest in this idea at all, they probably would have replied here with some concerns or questions, or possibly have messaged me directly about it. Since neither of those have happened, I assume they are going to "keep this idea in mind" along with the many other ideas players have submitted over the years. Maybe one day we'll get that zombie survival event that I think C had a building contest for a couple years ago. 

dizpls ty 4 goob idea, i will tak it into much consiberation. kthx, tty nxt yer

In all seriousness though, it'd be great to see some of your ideas be used. Even if it was just in an event type setting.

Edited by djt832

dizpls ty 4 goob idea, i will tak it into much consiberation. kthx, tty nxt yer

In all seriousness though, it'd be great to see some of your ideas be used. Even if it was just in an event type setting.

rekt

In the end it doesn't matter too much. I saw nerd going somewhere with a little ambition, the head admins at the time did not. We lost S, player numbers are dropping on the other servers, and there's not very much activity on the forums here compared to before. I just want to see a nerd PvP server succeed. Like did you hear about the wings? Could you imagine how fun that would be? Imagine a world where there isn't any roads. It's just floating mountains and landmasses everywhere, and players have access to wings at all times. You just glide everywhere. Like, that would be sick. Unique, fun, strategic. Sure there are flaws, but every idea has flaws that have to be worked out 

• Upvote 2