Designate one ocean monument as a wildlife/nature preserve - allow players to fight the guardians as jeb intended

Mumberthrax

Getting prismarine and sponge is supposed to be a challenge to work toward - getting gear, water related enchantments and potions. Finally defeating the guardian should be an accomplishment to be proud of. This is impossible to experience if all ocean monuments of the map are made into grinders or are claimed for private use.

Designate one monument as protected from grinderitis, charge admission to the biggest game hunting adventure on the open seas. Regenerate damage done to the monument periodically. No worries about "duping" the blocks since massive grinder projects already do that.

Grinders, for better or worse, are part of the vanilla Minecraft experience - and they are invaluable for enchanting and resource acquisition. Minecraft *is* a game where adventure matters though. Preserve this for those players who want it in the mix.

Honestly I am unsure how I feel about this. I have never defeated a temple so it would be neat to have one to fight, however I also don't like reserving things on the map outside of spawn. This is something that I think could easily be done by players if someone wanted to, without any staff intervention. You could build up around the temple, and leave it intact enough to keep spawning. Then it wouldn't be up to staff to maintain, whoever "owns" it could make whatever repairs were needed - sounds like a fun project for a town to take on as an attraction :)

• Upvote 1

What about something like the multiworld, where you could go to and fight challenging things like this. Wouldn't require preservation of overworld areas, and you could make it so nothing drops. If you die, you lose your items, so it it's a risk to try, but could be worth the effort. Maybe one with the dragon that drops no egg...