General Discussion for Creative Server

Magnyus

So, I heard ideas were allowed here?

I was thinking this: /saveinv name. It saves the current items in the hotbar and can be loaded later by doing /loadinv name. I want this command because looking for the same materials over and over again starts to get boring. Just an idea but I hope this gets added. Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes, was typed on a kindle.

+1 It would be useful, like having private kits. Even better if the sets can be shared between players.
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Someone mentioned ingame Rei's cave radar. http://cnation.net/cn/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5718 is a brief description of how it's enabled, and there's a picture at the bottom. Caving/splelunking. isn't a big thing on C, but this would be entirely client-side load, and would help us enjoy the caves that there are.

Edited by tobylane

Someone mentioned ingame Rei's cave radar. http://cnation.net/cn/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5718 is a brief description of how it's enabled, and there's a picture at the bottom. Caving/splelunking. isn't a big thing on C, but this would be entirely client-side load, and would help us enjoy the caves that there are.

That was me. I would primarily use cave radar to check on dig progress, and maybe for exploring if I managed to find a cave that's open from the ground. Aside from that, there's also player radar. It's already enabled on P, so I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be enabled on C. It would make it easier, at least for me, to see if anyone's teleporting in, since I keep my tpmode on allow.

Flight speed: because flying on C is so slow. If it is use of nuker you're worried about, it's not like there aren't already noclip mods that people utilize on our server that completely bypass security anyways... As well as the fact of mods/admins are able to roll it back in seconds. I see no valid reason not to have it, or at least give us compass so we can move around quickly. Honestly, speed and accessibility are major problems I have when on this server. Countless times would my and several other users productivity on this server been drastically improved if I could move faster. I don't think we should simply shoot down something this beneficial because we fear the same grief that we already would get anyways. Besides that, you don't HAVE TO advertise flyspeed ability. It's a server side command, there are several commands that common users never know about. such as /ping or /lsd or /gin they only travel by word of mouth, and no fresh visitor(potential griefer) to the server would never know to try those commands. 

Nick the people who'd misuse it have their client look for griefing the second they join. The *tech* admins recently decided for the server admins that a true plugin list would be too great a vulnerability. I guess flightspeed is the same.

Compasses let you in protected structures where you can edit repeaters, so until they are protected we can't do that.