[AC] PVP server launch thread rev1

c45y

This post is a communication platform between the pvpadmins, we believe in openness about our plans and thinking, however don't expect to necessarily direct our actions via the comments. That being said, all feedback will be eagerly accepted and work its way back into the main post with the individual comments deleted ( like a git rebase ) in order to keep things focused and clean.

Below is the outcome from our meeting roughly 24 hours after the launch, with our current feelings on what is working well, and what needs to be fixed now or reviewed for next revision.

Edits marked with color: BluuefuzzyC45Y

Decision points for next revision 

• First Join Kits?
  • Permanent Kits on respawn
  • Base Protection - PreciousStones or Factions could be used - maybe include in clan rewrite
    • ​Base primary protection is claimed by building a  "hub" block and placing 
    • ​Chunks can be claimed if they border an existing "hub via a crafted item being placed and are not already claimed
    • Possibly have a stupidly expensive nullifier block that cancels out a "extender" chunk, but not a "hub"
    • Chest protection is tied into clan protections, no more LWC
  • Minigames - Make use of game specific worlds for popular games, such as a micro CTF / KOTV with scoreboards
  • Clans need a rework and more benefit
    • ​Respawn at home base if clan has >5 members
    • Web leaderboard KDA for clans

I believe at the very least next revision we need to implement the items in pink. Items in purple should be tested in development environment.

Edited by c45y
Reworked for next revision goals
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've done a bit of development work tonight on the clan land protection idea to try and explain it better

The image below shows two custom items, Clan Protection Hub and Clan Protection Extender. These are craftable with the recipe shown below.

Each of these items has a function, the Hub can only be placed once in the map by any single clan, and it forms the foundation for all later claims - in the screenshots below it is shown with a Yellow border ( worldedit ) and makes the chunk placed upon unbuildable to any non-clan member ( barrier display provided via plugin ) The hub will also act as the respawn location for any clan with over X number of members ( >3 ?)

The Extender is shown in blue below, and can only be placed when directly adjoining either the hub or another expansion chunk, as shown in the progressive screenshots below ( hub is claimed  --> extender is placed adjacent --> extender is placed adjacent )

The extender can be as plentiful as players can craft it, however all claims must be directly adjacent to an already claimed chunk, the recipe used in development possibly needs to be made more expensive, using gold could be an option?. The barrier block animation can be triggered by command, or attempted destruction of claimed land ( will exclude anything below Y 20 )

yRwuPFO.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if it would just restrict building or also traversal, thoughts?

Mineable spawners was something mentioned when we were talking, I forgot to add it - I think we totally should