Custom Nether Feedback & Suggestions

SwitchViewz

Hey everyone, I am looking for feedback and suggestions on what you guys would like to see in the custom nether next rev. The feedback in the Rev 17 Feedback thread on the forums was helpful but I’d like to get some more in-depth thoughts and ideas.

There were a lot of requests for more variety in biomes however I need some biome ideas. What kind of biomes would you like to see?

Another request was for better loot chests and fixed nether fortress chests. Unfortunately I am not certain I will be able to fix nether fortress chests. I am debating removing nether forts all together as they were in the ground and somewhat buggy anyway. Would you guys like to see some sort of custom dungeon with spawners or mobs placed instead? Perhaps some sort of protected structure that you can loot mobs from? Open to any other ideas too!

Mob spawning had mixed feedback. Some people like the variety of mobs while others didn’t. Would you guys like to see the nether more dangerous with harder custom mobs that drop loot in addition to regular mobs?

I hope to make next Rev’s nether the best yet and would love to hear ideas of what you guys can provide!

Subreddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/mcpublic/comments/4g0nfc/custom_nether_feedback_suggestions/

I'd prefer thorough distinguishing from the overworld status quo on the subject of mob spawns. No default zombies, skellies, creepers, spiders, etc, but nether-focused and nether-unique mobs would be nice. Glowstone trees were a neat idea but fairly unsightly - a different aesthetic would be good.

• Upvote 1

I'd prefer thorough distinguishing from the overworld status quo on the subject of mob spawns. No default zombies, skellies, creepers, spiders, etc, but nether-focused and nether-unique mobs would be nice. Glowstone trees were a neat idea but fairly unsightly - a different aesthetic would be good.

The problem with this is that there are only so many nether mobs which limits the variety. Perhaps add multiple types of zombie pigmen, such as a fast one, tanky one, and heavy damage dealing one?

As for glowstone trees, perhaps different sizes of them would be good? Or maybe including another block besides glowstone in them?

Never have faster pigmen. Ever. There's not much room for difficulty with pigmen before it becomes impossible to skill your way out of it. Having enderpearls, blocks, energy to run, fire resistance potion or feather falling boots are common but not to be relied upon.

I'd like to see glowstone in the ground like quartz ore, possibly more likely near lava.

The custom nether brought a real "vs Environment" experience to PvE this rev. The vanilla nether is severely lacking in challenges.

There were some complaints about wither skeletons being harder to find, but there was no shortage of them, because 80% of skeletons spawned in the plains biomes are wither skeletons. That made exploring the nether much more interesting and challenging than past revs. And the new terrain features (nether houses etc) were an incentive to explore much more thoroughly, since, unlike nether fortesses, their locations could not be easily predicted.

For additional generation options, perhaps we could get giant mushrooms, or even custom giant mushrooms. Custom dungeons would be a great addition. Perhaps we could go further in customising the terrain and allow stone and overworld ores to spawn in the nether?

The game doesn't give us a lot of options in naturally spawned mobs unless we resort to plugins. So, I don't agree with excluding overworld mobs from the nether; they were interesting and challenging.

I'd like to see alot more wither skellies and opportunities to fight them as for when theres more than 2 people in the nether at a time, the spawn rates all go to shit and you might as well give up on wither skelly hunting, or any nether mob hunting infact.

Also I have a dungeon idea made in the Redstone Playground with spawner and chest location. (I made it intentionally difficult to get under control)

Also I have some nether special mob ideas that I would like to bring forward. 

Edited by Forever_A_Steve