The In Memoriam section

cdmrtbeok

We should add Eustis. He was really influential both on Reddit and on the servers and a good player and friend. He passed away a about a year and a half ago but there isn't any mention of him anywhere. I don't know if many of the current players remember him or not but I think he should have a spot.

http://obits.theadvocate.com/obituaries/theadvocate/obituary.aspx?pid=173704463

• Upvote 1

Guest Former Staff

Completely agreed. The only reason we have yet to add him is because we don't have anyone who knew him well enough to lend a few words. I understand that Deaygo has been trying to reach out some older faces just so that we have something a bit more meaningful to add.

Would you happen to have known him well enough to share a few words to be added in tribute to him?

Well thanks Deaygo for reaching out to older faces but not one who has farted in his presence and is still active on the servers lol

Anyway

Eustis had a way of always being the coolest guy around. Even in a game of blocks that you know attracts nerds he was like the guy everyone wanted to hang out with. Affable, well like, helpful. A big presence was lost with his passing and it was felt deeply even by people who only got to spend a few hours a week over the course of a year with him. 

Guest Former Staff

Well thanks Deaygo for reaching out to older faces but not one who has farted in his presence and is still active on the servers lol

Anyway

Eustis had a way of always being the coolest guy around. Even in a game of blocks that you know attracts nerds he was like the guy everyone wanted to hang out with. Affable, well like, helpful. A big presence was lost with his passing and it was felt deeply even by people who only got to spend a few hours a week over the course of a year with him. 

Well there's an anecdote. :-P

I'll pass this onto the techs to add to the in memoriam section, thanks for sharing a few words for him.

Anyway

I have updated the page, thank you tebok.

It's almost surreal, because looking back on it now, I was chatting with Eustis over Steam roughly a month prior to and managed to get him to pay a visit to C around that time... I didn't know he passed, I just figured he stopped logging into steam like many of my friends eventually do, I'm sad now :( but I am glad he is getting recognition.

• 6 months later...

I realize I'm necro-ing this thread but I've just come by after a long time away. I am so sorry to hear Eustis is gone. He was one of the first people I ever knew when I first played on reddit public way back in 2011. I wasn't a mod for very long because my life situation changed but he was so kind, understanding, and helpful. I hope he is at peace. 

Edited by winterviolet
  • Upvote 1