TNT use for next revision

CROCKODUCK

So to start, yes I am serious.  I know this was discussed long ago and disregarded, but I'd like to bring it up again in hopes we can make this happen.  Again as said before this will be a region only thing.  Griefers can't go around with the stuff and blow everything up, only certain people granted on certain regions.  Now we should also consider a limiter so no one can lag out the server if they try hard enough.  It's manageable with a little oversight.  As far as right now, the underground is essentially useless unless someone spends 13,000 hours mining out an empty area.  TNT would allow for a more usable underground area that players could create more with.  Any feedback is wanted, thanks!

• Upvote 2

I am indeed for the use of TNT as a decorative block, but can't say I'm a fan of the idea of having it as a usable block, unless it's heavily regulated. Assuming it is for regions only, this would severely affect the willingness to take people into the region you don't know so well. Also since regions are only made for protection of already built things, at that point there's not really any reason to use TNT, as it's mostly used for mining and clearing space. So unless there's a decision to make specific regions for TNT use (for clearing an area or such) when nothing is even built yet, I do not see it working out as a usable item. But as decorative? Please give.

I am sure there is a way to craft "Only this person in this region can use TNT" while still adding others to the permission nodes.  I know it involves a few technicalities like perhaps a specific note saying only for clearing up to a 40x40 area underground or whatever you may say.  I understand the concern but I've seen other servers similar to ours that make this happen.  It is a vanilla mechanic and it is useful when used correctly.  

I know it involves a few technicalities like perhaps a specific note saying only for clearing up to a 40x40 area underground or whatever you may say.  I understand the concern but I've seen other servers similar to ours that make this happen. 

But this is what I'm trying to say. Such a piece of land wouldn't be protected in the first place so it wouldn't have a region where you could use TNT in.

But this is what I'm trying to say. Such a piece of land wouldn't be protected in the first place so it wouldn't have a region where you could use TNT in.

I understand that bit adding something such as "modreq I need a region to allow TNT use" or something to that effect. It'll take oversight like I said in the beginning but is useful when put to practice. Maybe even something like TNT that is difficult to craft but can clear a 10x10 area or something to that effect.

A big problem, as I see it, is that even if TNT is only enabled in certain regions, there are still ways to cause destruction in neighbouring areas if you try hard enough. Whenever C does chaos, spawn ends up getting nuked despite still having TNT disabled in its region.

A big problem, as I see it, is that even if TNT is only enabled in certain regions, there are still ways to cause destruction in neighbouring areas if you try hard enough. Whenever C does chaos, spawn ends up getting nuked despite still having TNT disabled in its region.

Perhaps a different type of TNT? A block that is specifically set so it destroys 10x10 like I said before. I know the mechanics for TNT aren't perfect so maybe adding a simple fix that won't bounce when blown up and such.

• Upvote 1

I suggested this In a thread about a year ago and honestly it's a nice decorative block if not fully allowed on P. i don't know how we would be able to protect the causing destruction outside of the region thing, maybe have a mod "approve" the lighting of the tnt or something I don't know

global WG region set to deny tnt damage. local regions with flags that override this. simple. "WG custom flags" and its offshoots made by der_mewin are the plugins to look at IMO if testing shows that plain jane WG flags aren't cutting it.

Just to see if I'm wasting my breathe or not, perhaps a Padmin could chime in?

Padmin chiming in! Now padmin leaving!

Joking aside, we have been watching this thread and been discussing it among ourselves and with the techs. The general consensus so far is that we like the idea, but no promises it will happen right away for next Rev. We shall see though.  :smile:

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Why not have a similar system to how water/lava flow works? Players craft the TNT, place it, and have a mod come by and light it off. This would remove the concerns people have with players using it to grief, and you wouldn't necessarily need to have region perms to do it.

• Upvote 1