If creative were to be modified...

XkinOEC

If the staff were to either make creative a modified Minecraft server, or make another server that is modified with a creative game play style, what would you like to see? You can either list game mods, or just ideas for mods. Be specific, what would make the game better?

Guest Former Staff

Similar to Mumberthrax's most recent topic, I'm not too familiar with the mods available so I can't comment too much on them. All that I'd say is that if there was a modded version of creative, it'd be great if it was contained to a multiverse world or two so that people could choose to go there. If that would be possible at all then it would allow the creative server to experiment with new features and find out what people enjoy.

Edited by Barlimore

it'd be great if it was contained to a multiverse world or two so that people could choose to go there. If that would be possible at all then it would allow the creative server to experiment with new features and find out what people enjoy.

Theoretically, our current Multiverse mod should be capable of allowing us to have multiple servers share the same chat communications and limiting items per map. So theoretically, we could have a modded minecraft creative that co-exists within creative so we don't divide the community, everyone can chat together and the modded client people can still visit vanilla creative. Obviously those on vanilla would need to get the modded client to join modded, but its still possible to be very much integrated together.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a bit of experience with mods and my friend has quite a large amount, and has in fact put together several modpacks together in the past. There are some great mods out there; one I know of, carpenter's blocks, lets you put any block you want into a stair or lab, and you can even have things like vertical slabs or ramps. Another great mod is chisel, which adds new blocks and new textures you can get for already existing blocks. These are just a few of the great aesthetic mods that are out there, and I and I'm sure many others would love to see these things be implemented in some way, if at all possible. It would be hard to make a multiverse world, however, because each mod must be installed first by the player. I don't have much experience with Forge Mod Loader on servers, but I'm afraid that it would have to be a whole other server in order to work.

Edited by Ted50
  • Upvote 2

I am not certain, but I don't think that it is possible to have both a vanilla server world and a modded world connected via multiverse. You could *possibly* connect them with bungeecord, but I don't know - I believe it depends on whether the server is running on cauldron or kcauldron/thermos (continuations of the cauldron project, basically spigot+forge) or just forge alone.

I think there are other methods of having linked chat though. There are irc bridge mods, and one server i played on a while back had both an ftb and vanilla survival server with linked chat - it was their own custom plugin/mod iirc.

I think a 1.7.10 modpack would be easiest, since cauldron for it is pretty stable, nerd can put its favorite bukkit plugins on, and there are more mods for it still than 1.10.

IF C were to expand into a modded setup, these are some of the mods I think could be neat to consider (note, some of these mods are for 1.7.10 only, some for 1.8/9+ only):

Edited by Mumberthrax
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

A modlist! Fantastic start! Lemme give some criticism, and I will get my friend who knows a ton about mod packing to reply here too.
(I'll skip the ones I know nothing about and do some reading later and edit this)

Biome's o Plenty: I find this mod gets confusing as so many biomes are generated that it gets hard to find positives and negatives that you like, and biomes feel a lot smaller.

Chisel: YES! Must have. Adds so many wonderful blocks with and adds new life to old blocks by giving them textures.

Realistic Terrain Gen: YES! But I'm not sure how compatible it is with Biome's o plenty and vice versa.

Carpenter's blocks: YES! Must have. Any block can be used in a stair or slab, even slopes, and many other things! Although I find that collapsable blocks cause lag, so they should probably be disabled.

Crayfish's furniture mod: Absolutely, adds usable furniture in many shapes and sizes.

Pam's Harvest Craft: Isn't this a food mod? I'll have to do more research...

Bibliocraft: Yes for the same reason as Crayfish's, but the furniture in this one is much more elegant and fancy.

Ztones: very similar to chisel, adds colored blocks of all different textures.

Deco craft: Ohhhhhh, this is a fun one. It'll really fill up creative inventory menus though, and some of the models can cause lag. (Basically a furniture plus decorations mod that has hundreds of different decos for homes and such buildings. Really awesome mod!)

So yeah, these are my opinions on these proposed mods. Please point things out on my post that you have issues with or that you think are good. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...