Nerd.nu name origin

Bayside308

Our benevolent dictator of the time happened to own the domain name when he launched the server. It was originally his tech blog of sorts (see here)

It wasn't until some time around 2011 that it started hosting the nerd.nu minecraft servers as we now know them. (see here)

Over the years we have owned and at times used other domain names as optional aliases, but nerd.nu has always been the primary, it is quite catchy.

• Upvote 7

Our benevolent dictator of the time happened to own the domain name when he launched the server. It was originally his tech blog of sorts (see here)

It wasn't until some time around 2011 that it started hosting the nerd.nu minecraft servers as we now know them. (see here)

Over the years we have owned and at times used other domain names as optional aliases, but nerd.nu has always been the primary, it is quite catchy.

Does he still play Minecraft?

Considering nat was like 4 or 5 in 1998 that tech blog probably wasn't his. 

I imaging he had his little unix shoes on since he was born!

Fair call though - I think my history got muddled at some stage, I recall him using it for a blog, but probably not the very first one