[request] Have a flat plotted test world on creative

Silversunset01

So this came up a while ago, and i think i'd like to revisit it. There are times when we need to test or plan things for builds - while the redstone playground is sufficient for redstone builds it's not really appropriate for general build testing (road designs, wall patterns, etc). The only real alternative we have is to do them in the overworld, which i feel sort of ruins the overworld map and just frankly looks ugly.

Would you be willing to consider a superflat plotted world for 'test building' on creative, so that those of us who do not have their own testing servers to fiddle on could still test and plan builds with their friends. 

Guest Former Staff

There seems to be a stigma towards having a flatworld though I'm not entirely sure why as we have an entire world dedicated towards hiding redstone creations. I think it'd be great to be able to hide builds intended to be half finished away from blighting the livemap and final save.

While some people use private servers to plan and prepare builds with schematica for building elsewhere, I'd prefer to stay connected with nerd if I can. I suspect that if more people were using a designated area on creative to build these test builds which may not strictly be redstone tests then they may end up contributing to chat, exploring other builds or even building something complete on creative.

Putting together a multiverse would take moments and save a lot of time from the map building process, leaving more opportunities to play around with interesting terrain. If a flatworld is truly out of the question for some reason, then it would be nice to have a dedicated area or warp in a relatively flat section of the map dedicated just for testing builds which are not redstone tests. This section could then have a large shell (anything from a building to a landmark) built over it to disguise the unpleasantness.

Edited by Barlimore

I've brought this up multiple times... Flat world would be great, for a multitude of reasons, though my primary one was to allow the PVE planning area... However it seemed some former staff wanted to turn the concept an impossible route and insist that such a map should exist inside of pve instead of C, then cause cross-community drama... They are gone now, yet this idea seems to have been even less explored than ever... Until this post that is... flat overworld map for use as a testing area would be nice. cut that plot shit, I want to build a redstone calculator...

Sure that's fine.

I'll be on board, the ark -- for when the server floods with the tears of PvE players who realize they should have stayed. They should have protected themselves from the TED. Once it gets inside you, it's a plague, irresistible, foul-mouthed meme'ing bears. They will become them, they will go to PvE and the plague will spread. Where will I hide when the sane half of nerd.nu goes TED? I've prepared a bunker for this moment, where all-chat is disabled, and I am the only trusted owner. RIP nerd.nu.

• Upvote 1