Welcome to Discord - a nerd.nu experiment!

Silversunset01

Hey everyone!

We're going to try something and we'd love for you all to join in. We've started a Nerd.nu Gaming Discord server! I know it's been brought up before, however when our staff chat moved to slack we saw a big increase in the amount of chatter that went on just there. So in an effort to make sure everyone was included we've decided to see if something like discord would have a similar reaction. 

We looked at a bunch of different services ranging from an open slack group to various slack clones like mattermost, ryver, rocket.chat, and discord. Of all of them discord seems to have the options we were looking for, and so here we are. 

We'd like to give this a shot. We wont know if it's worth the effort to keep up if we dont give it a go, so lets try it and see what happens. 

TO JOIN THE NERD.NU GAMING DISCORD CHANNEL

click this link!

Follow the instructions to claim and register your account if you dont have one already. If you do, you can join from your discord app/web app using the server code dKFfHY3 (note: you MUST register your account to use the server channels. just FYI)

If you want a channel created, just grab a staff member and we'll make one for you. One thing to note: right now voice chat rooms are disabled. For now while we are still feeling this out we're going to keep mumble as the official voice chat for nerd. If this changes we'll let you know.

Lets see where this goes, hopefully everyone will make use of it and i'll have things to read while i'm at work :P

• Upvote 2