preserve nerd.nu's greatest creations forever - click here to find out how!

Forever_A_Steve

As we know, many great builds and creations are made here on nerd.nu that are simply amazing. Sometimes, unique builds whether it be redstone or aesthetic are created on this very server and only stay on this server. Unfortunately when the end of the rev comes, our builds kinda go to be erased and forgotten in the archives as we start all over again, but I have an idea on how to keep our builds living forever and having our creativity reach others like we've never done before.

There is a site called http://www.minecraft-schematics.com/ that hosts many builds on here for others to download and build. 

We should create a nerd.nu account on that website and upload builds as a way to spread our creativity and as a way to advertise our server at no cost to us! 

For builds to be submitted, players must volunteer their builds to be uploaded. We should not, and cannot upload builds without permission of the original builder!!!

All builds should be approved after being volunteered to weed out cobble derp and other derpy builds as a form of quality control.

All builds uploaded should have this in the description: 

Server: 

Rev #:

Builder:

Town (if applicable):

A brief description of the build and any info if need be:

Submissions should be open from the time a new rev is announced until the announced rev starts. Both PvE and Creative should be included in this program. All submissions can be houses, buildings, farms, and even redstone builds. 

• Upvote 5

If a mod saves a schematic who has the access to get it off the server? Could we have a public folder in the normal schematic folder that is web visible?

The schematic will be on the website for anyone and everyone to download. Nothing will be kept on nerd.nu's servers unless techs add a place for it.

Unfortunately mods who have the responsibility with schematics will be the ones to move/upload it. 

Or users can schematic their own builds and submit them. 

Edited by Forever_A_Steve

I love this! I am curious though, how will it be decided what would be submitted? Would it just be anything that someone wants submitted regardless of quality or will it be approved somehow?

anyone can submit. It will go through a minimal quality control to weed out cobble derp and just derp builds. 

Lets say i make a basic house and i want to upload it. As long as it looks like an ok build, it should have no problem being approved to be uploaded. Unskilled builders are welcome to submit aswell.