[PMC] C region protections closer than 10 blocks?

MasterCommaThe

The Creative Culture Guide states: "Regions should be a distance of no less than 10 blocks from another player’s build or region boundary."

Is the above a soft or hard rule?

I'm honestly not sure how the latter could be true based on the fact that a player could build statues right on the border of another player's build and then ask for them to be protected. It would be unreasonable to ask them to move them at that time. If this is a hard rule, I'd appreciate some extra guidance in the guide on what we would do in that type of situation.

The only time it's acceptable to have two regions right up against eachother/less than 10 blocks is when:
- the two regions have the same owner (you're extending a protection with another protection).

- two parties agree on removing the buffer space.

If both parties are not online to contact, it's best to elevate the request or ask the player if they'd mind reducing one of their sides.

If they say yes, go ahead and wait for them to remake their border so that it's the appropriate 10 blocks away, then protect.

If they say "no" or "she/he said i could" just elevate it, and an admin will deal with the request.

It's better to be safe than sorry in these cases, because it can cause a lot of drama over nothing. [REDACTED]

The Creative Culture Guide states: "Regions should be a distance of no less than 10 blocks from another player’s build or region boundary."

Is the above a soft or hard rule?

I'm honestly not sure how the latter could be true based on the fact that a player could build statues right on the border of another player's build and then ask for them to be protected. It would be unreasonable to ask them to move them at that time. If this is a hard rule, I'd appreciate some extra guidance in the guide on what we would do in that type of situation.

A statue right on the border of a player's region is a land dispute. Moderators should not deal with land disputes.

Builds should not be moved/removed by moderators unless it is obvious grief/troll/malicious edits (dicks,swastikas, lag machines).

I'll add this a little later in the doc.

Edited by Silversunset01
redacted for move to public forum
  • Upvote 2