26 members have voted

1. 1. How long should revisions be?

• 3 months or less
    • 4 months
    • 5 months
    • 6 months
    • 7+ months
    • Don't care
  2. 2. What would you like the terrain to be like?

• Fully world painted
    • 50/50 World painted/vanilla
    • All vanilla
    • Don't care
    • Something else (explain in a post)
  3. 3. Should there be more flat areas on the map?

• More flat areas
    • Less flat areas
    • This rev was just right
    • Don't care
  4. 4. Was the amount of ocean this rev good?

• Too much ocean
    • Too little ocean
    • Just the right amount of ocean
    • Don't care
  5. 5. Which of the following warps from this rev should return next rev?

• Bigtown
    • Downtown
    • Mapworld
    • Marina (smaller ships)
    • Pixelart
    • Port (bigger ships)
    • PVP hub
    • Redstone
    • Space
    • Speedbuild
    • Suburb
    • WE Tutorial
    • I have an idea for a new warp (explain in a post)
    • Don't care
    • Get rid of all of them
  6. 6. Which Multiverse worlds should we keep for next rev?

• Testbuild
    • The End
    • Nether
    • Mapworld
    • Space
    • Minigame maps
    • I have an idea for a new world/think a current one should be changed (explain in a post)
    • Don't care
    • Get rid of all of them
  7. 7. What should spawn city be like next rev?

• The same idea as this rev, but bigger
    • The same idea as this rev, but smaller
    • Completely surround spawn like Rev 30
    • No spawn city
    • I have a different idea (explain in a post)
    • Don't care
  8. 8. If you voted yes for Spawn City, what parts of it from this rev should we keep?

• Suburbs
    • Downtown
    • Marina
    • Port
    • I have an idea for something new/something to change (explain in a post)
    • I voted no for Spawn City
    • Don't care
  9. 9. If you voted yes for Spawn City, how should we handle claiming plots?

• A small limit that doesn't increase
    • A small limit at the start of the rev that increases over time
    • A small limit at the start of the rev with the ability to /modreq for more
    • A large limit that doesn't increase
    • A large limit at the start of the rev that increases over time
    • A large limit at the start of the rev with the ability to /modreq for more
    • No limit
    • I voted no for Spawn City
    • Don't care
  10. 10. Should pre-made cardinal roads come back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care
  11. 11. Should there be more long term build contests like the Post Office and Pumpkin contests?

• About two during a rev is good
    • More contests
    • Less contests
    • Don't care
  12. 12. Should there be more regular events like SpeedBuild?

• Yes (please leave ideas in a comment)
    • No
    • Don't care
  13. 13. How should the map expand?

• Slowly throughout the rev (like it currently does)
    • One big expansion when needed
    • No expansions, have the whole map available from the start
    • Don't care
  14. 14. Should the map be bigger or smaller than the current one? (5000 radius; next map will be a square)

• The current size is fine
    • Bigger than the current map
    • Smaller than the current map
    • Don't care
  15. 15. Should we leave player collision on?

• Player collision on (current)
    • Player collision off
    • Don't care

This poll is closed to new votes

We have begun planning for for Rev 32 and would like your feedback. In addition to the poll above, please answer the following questions:

Are there any biomes that there should be more or less (or none) of?

What did you like about the current map?

What did you dislike about the current map?

Are there any rules we should add/change/remove for next rev?

If you have any comments about any of the poll questions feel free to include those in your post. General thoughts and comments on how we can improve the server are also welcome. We anticipate Rev 32 to start some in January, and as always we will announce the specific date 1 month in advance.

Thanks for your time and input!

- The Creative Admin Team

Worldpainted flat areas don't end up being all that flat. I'd rather see vanilla plains/etc whenever you want a flat area. Even a fairly dry swamp is a good thing.

I don't think big ships are good idea, especially not near spawn. There's only six now so I don't mind.

Rev length should be whatever the data shows is best for activity. I would prefer it not to be based on surveys and anecdotes.

I never went to space but I'm in favour of special areas and worlds for something that would not be a good neighbour/use of non-flat land in the main world. Much of this can be player designated, eg in past revs there's been airfields with airplanes from many different people.

I'd like to see less oceans, less ships, and bridges concentrated in one area. Say if there was a bridge valley where a stream turns into a river, into a river with 10 high banks, into an estuary about 150 wide, into an ocean. I'd guess that there aren't many bridge ideas bigger than 200 blocks wide (other than a lot of repeating sections).

irregular plots sound good.

Could we borrow some forests from PVE?

Could we have a beach/bay front part of spawn city? A plot that connects to a road at y70-ish but goes down to the beach, varying from 10x20 to 40x40. Not all of them need to be beside the water, some could be near crossroads of the area or by an inland marina.

With oceans it'd be nice to see the oceans more or less in one area. This rev they were too all over the place. Lets try to keep them closer <3

For other regular events we could have an annual elytra race, foot race, or special pvp fights (team based, free for alls, etc)

I'd really look forward to this next rev (I just hope time doesn't fly by as fast this time around)

We oughta have areas with some nice natural foliage that isn't allowed to be paved for cities. Also I guess one or two large bodies of water rather than weird kinda decent sized lakes here and there. Maybe a large river? Also maybe do away with the whole space box claim thing. Just connected corners would make life so much easier. I mean if the problem was that others wouldn't be able to see the border, mandate players to WE a border after claimed. Simple as that. I just don't get why we have to make a box. Also, 

• Upvote 2

We oughta have areas with some nice natural foliage that isn't allowed to be paved for cities.

Agreed.

Also maybe do away with the whole space box claim thing. Just connected corners would make life so much easier. I mean if the problem was that others wouldn't be able to see the border, mandate players to WE a border after claimed. Simple as that. I just don't get why we have to make a box.

We want people to make the effort of encircling their plot. I believe we need squares for the plugin, it can only handle the cuboid WE region type.

Agreed.

We want people to make the effort of encircling their plot. I believe we need squares for the plugin, it can only handle the cuboid WE region type.

Actually, In space in particular, it's not required to build an entire cube like some people do. Connected corners would also be okay seeing as the region isn't too big. The only purpose of building a border is so that the staff knows what to protect when your protection modreq is made. We would actually prefer the borders to be taken down after the modreq, or after the build is complete. Most of staff uses the WEcui mod, which makes seeing regions pretty easy, even after borders are removed. 

"I have a different idea" for Spawn City, that also requires Cardinal Roads. What if the main city plots were only adjacent to the cardinal roads, all the tallest skyscrapers had to be built along the axis. If it worked out you'd have long alleys skyscrapers. Maybe with a CTA rail in the middle. This could also help with lag potentially.

I voted for a change to spawn city plots- what if there was some kind of official medieval town? Perhaps this is more of a /warp destination than a spawn city plot. There are a lot of official options for modern style builds. But there is a demand for more rural scenes.

I voted for more 'games' like Speed Build, out of hopeful idealism. What about "pictionary"? Or some sort of hide-and-go-seek / man-hunt thing, potentially in the style of TF2's prop-hunt? This might be done without code, by filling the arena with titled armor stands?

I also voted for more contests. But I don't know what they could be. But I'm really impressed how the post office and pumpkins turned out, and the lobby contests are always amazing.

As a potential new contest: a weekly "Slow Build" contest. Judging occurs Saturdays before Speedbuild. After Slow Build winners are declared, the following weeks theme is declared, perhaps even provided by the winner... but maybe winners can't participate twice in a row? People can jump in during the week. Winners of the Slow Build might get their build added to some official plot for posterity.  It could be an interesting addition to the quick-action of the speedbuild and the months-long action of the contest-builds.

As for the multiverse worlds. Perhaps they could be better advertised if there is an official Warp Building, and have it very visibly across the street from Spawn. This Warp Building could be organized such to give each warp destination a better presentation for total noobies. I know that there are such warps already located within the Spawn itself... maybe those could be the important warps to get immediately started, basically visualize the /mv tp menu; then the Warp building could be to visualize the /warp menu. Again the reason to do this is to help total newbies explore the map better. 

Just tossing ideas at the wall to see what sticks. In conclusion, I vote for tons of busywork

• Upvote 1

As a potential new contest: a weekly "Slow Build" contest. Judging occurs Saturdays before Speedbuild. After Slow Build winners are declared, the following weeks theme is declared, perhaps even provided by the winner... but maybe winners can't participate twice in a row? People can jump in during the week. Winners of the Slow Build might get their build added to some official plot for posterity.  It could be an interesting addition to the quick-action of the speedbuild and the months-long action of the contest-builds.

I actually really like this "Slow Build" idea. This would give players -- especially those who can't make it to the weekly speed builds -- an outlet to build something along with the rest of the community. As long as interesting topics are chosen and the contest is properly advertised (alert and/or MOTD and a weekly reddit post with last week's winners and this week's theme), I could see this being pretty popular.

I have an idea for a new SB type game. It is called "Ten, Five, Three." It's easy to understand and easy to play. It's just like SB, but it gets harder at the end. I have no clue if I can say what day it should be on, but I want it to be near the end of the week, not including the weekend. Like Friday or Thursday maybe. The ten in "Ten, Five, Three" stands for ten minutes to build. The five stands for five minutes to build. The three stands for three minutes to build. It gets harder and harder. There are 3 rounds to play, in order it goes to biggest number to shortest number. First Round = 10 minutes, Second Round = 5 minutes, Third Round = Three minutes. Of course there will be a category! You are free to pick the BIGGEST thing for round 1, 2, or 3. The person who won the 3rd game picks next weeks round. Just like SB there will be judges.

If this somehow becomes a game maybe we can have a contest who can make the arena or something like that.

Edited by DoctorOwl
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

-I think the terrain for the areas should have instead of a boaring flat terrain, maybe a more natural terrain custom biome with custom trees, plants an terrain with worldedit to make it more realistic landscape.

-For the warps, I have a new idea for a high standard infrastructure warp, with requirements of good depth and detail, and coherence with the landscape, example ( a modern beachtown warp, traditional suburban warp, or modern forest warp) and the builds must be up to standards or they get deleted. The plots would not have a square like generic look, but a more natural landscape ( custom biome perhaps )

- I know this might not be for Spawn city but it could be, I thought maybe for the warp I thought of for plot availability maybe the player has to get permission from the moderator before taking a plot, or make it Invite-Only, to help with Quality control because the player would have to show a build they have done before, before they can claim a plot and if it does not meet requirements, then they are denied, if not, then they can get a plot.

- Perhaps for Speedbuild host a buildoff like thing where anyone can participate, the goal would be to build the nicest looking structure ( Modern House, Trad House, Boat, Yacht, Office or Park, etc),they would each be given a plot, ant the judges would judge the places on how detailed and realistic they are, and how the use of space and material use works out, and ofcourse, coherence with surroundings/Landscape.

Thank you for reading this and I hope you consider my ideas (  hopefully :)  )

"I have a different idea" for Spawn City, that also requires Cardinal Roads. What if the main city plots were only adjacent to the cardinal roads, all the tallest skyscrapers had to be built along the axis. If it worked out you'd have long alleys skyscrapers. Maybe with a CTA rail in the middle. This could also help with lag potentially.

I voted for a change to spawn city plots- what if there was some kind of official medieval town? Perhaps this is more of a /warp destination than a spawn city plot. There are a lot of official options for modern style builds. But there is a demand for more rural scenes.

I voted for more 'games' like Speed Build, out of hopeful idealism. What about "pictionary"? Or some sort of hide-and-go-seek / man-hunt thing, potentially in the style of TF2's prop-hunt? This might be done without code, by filling the arena with titled armor stands?

I also voted for more contests. But I don't know what they could be. But I'm really impressed how the post office and pumpkins turned out, and the lobby contests are always amazing.

As for the multiverse worlds. Perhaps they could be better advertised if there is an official Warp Building, and have it very visibly across the street from Spawn. This Warp Building could be organized such to give each warp destination a better presentation for total noobies. I know that there are such warps already located within the Spawn itself... maybe those could be the important warps to get immediately started, basically visualize the /mv tp menu; then the Warp building could be to visualize the /warp menu. Again the reason to do this is to help total newbies explore the map better. 

Just tossing ideas at the wall to see what sticks. In conclusion, I vote for tons of busywork

I like all of dirtman's ideas. Speaking of rural, would it be possible to worldpaint in some farmland-looking terrain?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who gave us feedback in this thread! We will take all of your input into consideration while working on the next revision. This thread can remain open for more discussion as we will be developing the new map over the next month. Updates to come =)

• Upvote 1