Banning / Unbanning Blocks

Merely a notification on the progress with some blocks.

We've banned two new blocks:

/i 95 (locked_chest) - This was causing a crashing bug not only trapping a person but causing minecraft to crash for them. Place this with extreme caution.

/i 124 (redstone_lamp_on) - Placing the on lamp directly means that it cannot be tracked through logblock / trace. Just imagine a person spamming a few hundred / thousand of those around the map.

There is no announcement on these blocks yet as we're currently looking into unbanning other blocks with our Tech Admins. If anyone asks, feel free to tell them that these blocks are banned, but you can place locked chests for them if needed.

As soon as we have anything to tell you about the blocks we're looking into unbanning, I'll post a new update here as there are likely to be some slight moderation changes if we are able to achieve exactly what we want.

I might caution the placing of block 95, as nothing prevents players from putting a piston next to it, turning it into the trap which was the reason we banned it in the first place.

For the same reason, if it hasn't been done yet, I would recommend removing any block 95 that has already been placed.

Guest Former Staff

I've updated my post to reflect your caution Master. Hopefully we can keep this block in circulation within moderation for now.

• 2 months later...