Interest Survey: nerd.nu UHC

bermudalocket

Are you interested in participating in a nerd.nu UHC?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a nerd.nu UHC?

Hello everyone! Bermuda here.

One of my favorite Minecraft pastimes is the unforgivable UHC. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the UHC gamemode, it stands for Ultra Hardcore, and is a survival/PvPE-based event in which you do not naturally regenerate health. All players are scattered around the map at the start of the game and must put their survival skills to the test in order to dig down, gear up, and, ultimately, survive. As the game goes on, players will fall to the environment, mobs, and other players, until only one person (or team) is left and reigns victorious! The game usually lasts for a few hours, depending on the number of players.

The rules are very flexible and are certainly up for discussion in the future, but generally:

• The only way to heal is by eating a golden apple or by using a potion of healing. Potions of regeneration are banned.
  • Strip mining is banned. Stair-stepping to find caves is allowed.
  • If we play solo, teaming is banned. If we play with teams, cross-teaming is banned.
  • Travel to the Nether is allowed, but travel to the End is banned.
  • Portal trapping is banned.
  • If you die, that's it! You're out! Generally players should leave the game (and usually get banned so they cannot return in spectator mode and aid other players), but allowing dead players to remain in spectator mode is up for discussion.

This is going to take a lot of planning, and I'm currently in discussion with Silver (and by proxy the other heads and the techs) about the whether this type of event would even be possible.

So, what do I need from you? Well, if you're interested, let me know! The most people who show interest, the more likely we can get this to happen. Please show your support (or disinclination) by voting above!

To be clear, players from both P and C are welcome!

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or find me in game (bermudalocket on P)!

- Bermuda

Edit: Please note that this event has NOT been approved yet. This is very simply, as the title puts it, an interest survey. I apologize for any confusion.

Edited by bermudalocket
  • Upvote 1