Tree Repository ( Suggested by Thwomppifer )

Hollifer

I went ahead and moved this here so we may gather some more suggestions around this.

We've made tree repositories as well as tree building competitions in the past, but we've never really gathered any opinions on how it should be set up from the players, I'm making this post for suggestions. I'm posting this here to help build a more standardized format for a tree repository in the future for players to access.

Here are some things i'd like to get some input on, but any suggestions are very welcome.

• What kind of trees would players like to see available? (Made just by nerd players, or gathered from online?)
  • How big do you think would be necessary for something like this? A whole world or only a 100x100 area?
  • Would anyone be interested in other types of builds for reference? (Such as cars, planes, ect )
  • Should there be a limit on player submissions to a repository world or area? (to keep the quality of submissions high)

hey!

I would say that this is a good idea! For some feed back:

1 hour ago, Hollifer said:

Here are some things i'd like to get some input on, but any suggestions are very welcome.

• What kind of trees would players like to see available? (Made just by nerd players, or gathered from online?)
  • How big do you think would be necessary for something like this? A whole world or only a 100x100 area?
  • Would anyone be interested in other types of builds for reference? (Such as cars, planes, ect )
  • Should there be a limit on player submissions to a repository world or area? (to keep the quality of submissions high)

1st, nerd created, as it could be sorta stealing almost.

2nd, I would say a whole word, judging by the feedback from the tree contest.

3rd, Yes, I would be interested in that, for planes, cars, etc.

4th, I would say a limit of 5 in every world, so people don't claim and/or do nothing in every plot.

1. I think players would like to see all types of trees. It would allow a mix of trees in an area.

2. I think a whole world would be way too much. A 500x500 or 1000x1000 would be enough for a lot of different trees.

3. Cars/Vehicles, Other small buildings would be great, as i suck at building.

4. There should be a limit of submissions if you guys have too many. If you do not have enough then don't worry about limits because you need a lot :P

I think this would be a great idea for future revisions.

P.S. BRING BACK Classic Creative!!!

I like the idea, but I think we should all make the trees in the repository. We have a community, why not use it? And it's much more satisfying to know that what you're using is from "local farms" than from some unknown location. :D

Also, I don't think we should do this for planes and cars, because we may end up with these kinds of things copied and pasted everywhere with no real uniqueness. I think it's a much different thing for small vehicles and buildings than it is for trees.

I also do not think there should be any player submission limit. If a player has a custom tree they like at any point, they should be able to submit it for the community.

8 minutes ago, PPGOME said:

P.S. BRING BACK Classic Creative!!!

Fuck your useless nostalgia fest lol

Edited by Ted50