Can C users use //setbiome again?

I wanted to ask whether users on C could use //setbiome again. It's understandable that it was kicked from default permissions for whatever reason but I think time has proven that mods having to set biomes is kinda like asking mods to do tedious world edit for people and it's not really convenient for the mods or the users waiting on the mods.

Could we either discuss a plan to get //setbiome re-added to our permissions or maybe some alternative solution (maybe a new plugin) that could help make this issue a bit more solved? I'm looking in your direction Challenger :P

Thanks

8 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

I think time has proven that mods having to set biomes is kinda like asking mods to do tedious world edit for people and it's not really convenient for the mods or the users waiting on the mods.

I don't really have an opinion on your suggestion otherwise, but I wouldn't say it's tedious, since it's just selecting the region and running  //setbiome.

If you feel like you need to wait for a long time for a mod, remember P mods might not have noticed there's an open req on C, so you can always check who's online and ask them to come do your req. :)

The reason //setbiome was originally removed from default permissions is that WorldEditRegions, the plugin we use to restrict WorldEdit to players' regions, doesn't respect region boundaries when players run //setbiome. That means anyone could set the entire map to swamplands, which is a Bad Thing for people to be able to do.

I believe that FastAsyncWorldEdit, an alternative to WorldEditRegions, might handle //setbiome correctly (in addition to doing some other things better too), but when we last tested it prior to the current revision, it was unstable and had some unignorable bugs. We're in the process of reevaluating FAWE during the 1.12 update though, so if we decide it's stable enough and it handles //setbiome correctly, I see no reason not to restore access to it.

• Upvote 1