So when someone has a leave of absence you just give their stuff to other people?

UNP

Guest Former Staff

Hello UNP, I'm just dropping a placeholder reply here so that you know we're not ignoring you. Our team are coming together on your question and will aim to provide as much clarity as possible in a follow-up post.

Whatever the answer is it better be good, because c3nt and I spent an insane amount of time and resources working on it just for you lot to decide to give it to someone else. AFTER ownership was apparently established and protections given.

• Upvote 1

Guest Former Staff

Hello UNP, thank you for your patience in raising this question with us on the guardian grinder which both c3nt and yourself put a lot of time into earlier in this revision.

When modreq 2479 came in, you had not logged in for two and a half weeks (since May 8th). We took a look at the grinder that you had set up and acknowledged the original request by denying it at the time, encouraging the requestor to re-request for June 8th as we would review our position. We chose the 8th June as this would have been a full month since you had logged in. To date, it has been over two months since you logged in.

While we looked at the lack of logins as one factor, we did see that you had put the time and effort into setting up a guardian grinder so it made sense to us for this public resource to be finished.

Within our own rules, we do not currently have anything which spells out a process for how we handle similar requests as they come in. In this case, it was handled entirely at our team discretion. We looked at other requests that we handle for some direction. Where we would address abandoned chests and builds within two weeks of inactivity, we used that as a scale to decide on waiting a full month before proceeding with any action.

In conclusion, we feel that we made the right choice here but do acknowledge that our actions have fallen into an area in which we don't have many if any guidelines for. We will do better and seek to publish a clear definition of what we will or will not do, to provide a context for future circumstances. Our team has a meeting scheduled for tomorrow in which we will begin making progress on setting up some public guidelines.

Ok, so.

Ignoring the fact that one week of this two-and-a-half-week period was forcibly imposed upon me by yourself.

Ignoring the fact that you intimated I should take a longer hiatus from the community to let things "calm down", what with all those accusations of child molestation flying about.

Ignoring the fact that in my ban appeal I specifically mentioned the guardian grinder as being something me and c3nt were extremely invested in and wanted to continue working on.

Ignoring the fact that at any point you could have sent me a message on this very forum alerting me of the modreq to STEAL OUR SHIT thus allowing me to log in and avert it. And you didn't. Nobody did.

What happens now? Ownership of this build has been forcibly and unilaterally taken away from c3nt and myself, thus pissing all over the gargantuan time, effort and resources it cost us (seriously, do you know how fucking long it took us to get all the water out of there, then make all the glass to enclose it? Do the math.) We've previously, several times, stated that it was basically our "baby" as it was the biggest build we'd undertaken in the history of nerd.nu. What about the fact that I paid someone like half a stack of emeralds to take ownership of that area of land?

Do we get all that back? Or is it just a "sorry, not sorry, it's lakeside's now, don't be salty brah."

What if we demanded all the shit we'd worked on get rolled back, given that we no longer have control over it through no fault of our own? Would you tear out all the foundation and restore it to its pre-modified state?

What if we demanded ownership of it back, given that we put the bulk of work into it ourselves, and lakeside just put a hat on it?

• Upvote 2

Guest Former Staff
17 minutes ago, UNP said:

24 hours and still no addressing my points? What's the matter, can't find a way to twist the answers to better suit you?

We held our padmin meeting a few hours ago and discussed the actions we wish to take. It will take us some time to put together a satisfactory response, we would ask that you continue to show patience for the meantime.

If you have to committee-source the response, that tells me two things. 1. I'm not going to like it, and 2. It'll have precisely 0 respect outside of lip service to the effort c3nt and I put into building, only to have it taken away from us on a very poorly-justified whim. 

Guest Former Staff

We can certainly see why you'd feel that way. All we ask is to allow us to get everything together in time for our next formal response as we'd like to address this issue in a way in which hopefully yourself and others may appreciate. That isn't going to happen overnight sadly but we will not let it drag on to next weekend.

Once more, we appreciate your patience on this matter. Firstly, we’d like to address our actions on transferring ownership of your region to other individuals on request. After many discussions, we have changed our minds from our initial response here and would like to apologize to you. We’re sorry, we made a mistake here.

To prevent us from making this same mistake in future, we have now published guidelines here. These steps will allow us to continue assisting people but ensure that we do so in a consistently fair manner.

Returning to the guardian grinder, now under the ownership of Laketown, we investigated edits there in search for those by c3nt or yourself. Sadly due to the length of time it has been, your edits are out of logs. From what we can see, Laketown have primarily focused on decoration at this grinder so we were able to make a copy of the core which encompasses the effort which c3nt and yourself put in and have this copy sitting in an admin multiverse.

In the interests of avoiding punishing Laketown members for our mistake by reverting their progress, we’d like to offer you this copy to be pasted in at the location of any other undeveloped guardian spawning location. We have a few coordinates available to share from what we’ve tracked which are not near any other settlements. Should this be something you’d be interested in following up on then let us know here and we’ll follow up by pm to give you an idea for those locations.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7