Subreddit CSS Overhaul

Silversunset01

So i've been spending time fixing things on the subreddit stylesheet and out of frustration of having to !important everything to negate 10 previous lines of code i decided to attempt to replicate our style sheet (with some improvements) from scratch. 

I've got a test sub set up, take a look, let me know what i've missed so i can work out how to fix it. For now i've tried to stick as close to what we currently have as i can, but change isnt bad so if you think of something we can do better let me know.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mcpublictest/

The biggest change is the server dropdowns at the top. and the fact that the stylesheet goes from 3911 lines to 815 lines :P 

Current thoughts:

• I like the old icons for sticky/discussion better than the new ones. The current ones are simple and color-coded, which I enjoy.
  • The new bar (for server info) seems a little out-of-place. I think something like this would look a bit better.
  • I very much approve of having more visible space for the "build of the month" header.

I like what you're doing silver, but to me it looks really choppy and doesn't live up to the current one.

My suggestions? Make the bars on the top an animation so they don't pop up without a smooth animation.

Maybe change the taskbar on the right to make it cleaner? It does look crumpled up.

Maybe change the sub-reddit bar on the top? You can do that stuff.

It IS my own silly opinion, but I doubt all of these will happen. :happy:  

7 hours ago, Abitcat said:

I like what you're doing silver, but to me it looks really choppy and doesn't live up to the current one.

My suggestions? Make the bars on the top an animation so they don't pop up without a smooth animation.

Maybe change the taskbar on the right to make it cleaner? It does look crumpled up.

Maybe change the sub-reddit bar on the top? You can do that stuff.

It IS my own silly opinion, but I doubt all of these will happen. :happy:  

Can you get a screenshot for the "taskbar on the right"? If I don't know what you're seeing I can't fix it. 

2 hours ago, Silversunset01 said:

Can you get a screenshot for the "taskbar on the right"? If I don't know what you're seeing I can't fix it. 

Oh, it's that thing on the right where it has the subreddit details, where you post, flairs, the new player button, etc.