What are each of the servers doing for the 1.6 update?

Tharine

Putting this in Mod Chat because it's important for the players to be aware of where we all stand, but it's not really something we have the time to leave up to thorough discussion - what are each of the servers doing when the 1.6 update comes out?

Survival's transitioning between revisions, and we'll be looking to start Revision 22 only after our CraftBukkit setup and essential plugins are updated for 1.6 (to players: i'm working on an update/announcement post at current for more stuff related to this, stay tuned!). We're planning to perhaps hold our end of revision chaos the day prior to the release of 1.6 (not confirmed yet, need to speak with the other S admins still), but after that we're at a bit of a standstill on planning what's available for players in that plugin-update limbo that will exist between the end of our Revision 21 and the beginning of 22. Usually we'd get chaos.nerd.nu set up, but i'm of the understanding that neither PvE nor Creative are as close to a new revision as Survival is, so this might not be something we go with this time? We can work on getting some kind of 1.5-based events going on s.nerd.nu in that inbetween period, but I don't want to go ahead on formally developing or announcing such plans without seeing where the other two servers stand on the approach to 1.6. So, to the PvE and Creative admins, please think about your plans for the upcoming update and get back to us here (not in IRC, please!) to help us Survival staff out a bit. Thank you in advance  :happy:

What are we doing? NOTHING! Mwahahaha! But for real, P still has life left and we don't want to cut it short just because of the update. We have no plans regarding when we will update, but we're waiting on 1.6 top build the map since terrain generation is changing. Once we develop an actual timeline, it shall be released to the public

• Upvote 1