Revision 21: Third Custom Spawner Clue

Following on from the release of the first & second custom spawner clue, here is the third of many that we plan to release at a secret schedule. The nature of each clue may vary, we may not share any other information than what the clue shows, or even which spawner the clue is for.

Clue 3:

X -928

Z -3728
Z 1689
Z -3504

Update:

It has been a few days since the clue was released but alas, the hunt continues. The person seemingly closest to discovering the logic to these coordinates and what they mean is Azumarill. Check out this image from their post below. It isn't exactly right but it is along the right tracks.

Spoiler

uHVmxRZ.png

Edited by Guest
Updated the clue

I previously listed potential coordinates of interest given the list of x and z values, and thought it would be good to add them here. I believe all 16 of these have been checked by people already, without any luck.

Basic coords combinations from the hint:

1: -928x, -3728z
2: -928x, 1689z
3: -928x, -3504z

4: 1766x, -3728z
5: 1766x, 1689z
6: 1766x, -3504z

7: 3688x, -3728z
8: 3688x, 1689z
9: 3688x, -3504z

Triangulation using non-repetitive combinations of above coords (making triangles without any side parallel to an axis, i.e. the interesting triangles that use all 6 x/z values)

10: (1,5,9):    1275x, -1445z    
11: (2,6,7):   3211x, 541z       
12: (3,4,8):    695x, -298z       
13: (1,6,8):    113x, 60z      
14: (2,4,9):    2315x, -77z       
15: (3,5,7):    1485x, -1460z   

Midpoint of any of the triangles (average value of x and z coords):

16: 1509x, -1848z

EDIT: silver has reminded me that the spawner has to be in the overworld

Valid nether points corresponding to triangulated coords:

17: 1275x, -1445z   
18: 695x, -298z       
19: 113x, 60z       
20: 1485x, -1460z   

Midpoint of triangles, in nether:

21: 1509x, -1848z

On 2/3/2018 at 4:05 AM, Barlimore said:

@Azumarill - You seem to be the closest to discovering our logic behind this clue!

We've updated the original clue post to mention this and to include your image.

I got there in the end -- the witch spawner helped, it's a big S! -- but I honestly still don't get what the coords in the post were for! Finding it was essentially just mapping the rest and guessing at the "pattern".

EDIT: I've been informed it was hard to see my lines. Here's a clarification.

Edited by Azumarill

Guest Former Staff

Congratulations on finding the second squid spawner, and the final custom spawner this revision!

Edit: I suspect a certain someone settled directly to the South West might be kicking themselves. ;-)

Edited by Barlimore

Guest Former Staff
1 minute ago, Azumarill said:

k but what were those numbers

The intent was for three of those points to demarcate a search area. The first of the correct points was the location of the (at the time) undiscovered/unlit end portal to the South. We had the remaining two points stretching up North to cover a reasonable amount of water coverage, with the squid spawner within.

13 hours ago, Barlimore said:

The intent was for three of those points to demarcate a search area. The first of the correct points was the location of the (at the time) undiscovered/unlit end portal to the South. We had the remaining two points stretching up North to cover a reasonable amount of water coverage, with the squid spawner within.

sorry,  what? when did an undiscovered end portal happen?

Guest Former Staff
44 minutes ago, Azumarill said:

sorry,  what? when did an undiscovered end portal happen?

Yeah! It's been sat there waiting to be discovered / lit up until the first day that this clue was released. We thought it would be a good way to kill two birds with one stone by tying in the coordinates to the end portal into this clue.