woxie [Barlimore]

woxie

Dear Staff,

A while back I got myself banned from Nerd.Nu. I was being dumb, and I lost both my chance to play and other's items by spawning the wither near them. During the last few weeks I've tried to find a different server to play on but yours is the only one I really enjoy. I am so sorry for breaking the rules and I will make a conscious effort to not break them if I am unbanned. I will think before I act and speak in the future.

Sincerely,

woxie

Guest Former Staff

Hello Woxie, thank you for appealing your ban. I would urge in future for you to be considerate when bumping, especially so soon into your appeal as your ban appeal has come through very late in the day for me (passing midnight). Should you ever find yourself in a similar position again, which I would hope not, then we'd recommend allowing 48 hours before bumping your appeal.

I'm going to need to provide evidence of your ban reasoning first, for fairness (to avoid your ban boiling down to just being my word versus your own). During your ban appeal, I'm going to refer to GoobyzachGames, Woxie and alarmedpotato. The former two are your original account, and the last your alt.

I banned you on January 16th for "Player trap & misconduct."

The primary reason for your ban was the construction of and release of a wither, trapping people at a building with one exit and forcing them to attempt to pass a wither to escape - to which they died.

In this first image, we can see the yellow star which marks your settlement and the red star which marks the location of the South East Creeper Grinder, which an individual was using at the time you spawned the wither.

GS0JhvK.png

The pink lines in this image indicate the arrow of time with regards to your block placements, where you had been placing blocks in your settlement around 5 minutes prior to releasing the wither at the red star. The following two images show the location of the wither being spawned more specifically, as well as the location where the wither died (and where people died too).

2xFllZY.png

CYaRMkg.png

These images, along with the accounts of those who were trapped / engaged with the wither after you had died, indicate some intention to involve others in the release of this wither as your town is moments away. Intentionally, or not, you ended up creating a player trap which killed people with the use of a mob as people could not exit this grinder without risking death by wither.

The rule which was broken here was:

• You may not trap or kill players except in designated arenas
  • This includes player traps or indirect forms or killing such as placing lava or using mobs

The secondary concerns noted within your ban reason are for misconduct. We have had to have a number of conversations with you on a range of concerns, from remarks in chat which are very much not welcome:

2018-01-13 12:21:11 [INFO] <GoobyzachGames> these server restarts are fucking homo

Within the following snippet of chat, you were engaged in a very heated, disruptive conversation in chat - where we had to spend time trying to cool you down over pms.

2018-01-13 15:28:06 [INFO] <GoobyzachGames> pez252 Uganda isn't a race and the creator of the original nollywood style film said the meme was funny and accents aren't racist

2018-01-13 15:28:25 [INFO] <GoobyzachGames> saying uganda is a race is the most insanely idiotic thing I've ever heard

2018-01-13 15:29:18 [INFO] <GoobyzachGames> Pez how come making fun of french people isnt racist

2018-01-13 15:29:27 [INFO] <GoobyzachGames> because france isn't a race and neither is uganda

To cases in which borderline harassment seems an appropriate description. The following chat line demonstrates something which you said in public chat, to which you pursued with others further, in private messages.

2018-01-15 18:30:44 [INFO] <woxie> hey, sorry I saw your profile and I just thought you looked cute in your picture, I really wanted to tell you that)) It's really rare to see girls playing video games haha! I don't know why its a guy thing honestly im like really against misogyny and like

The rules broken here were:

• No harassment or excessive trolling
  • No bigotry / hate speech including but not limited to ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, and religion.
  • No disruptive arguments/discussions in global chat

After a period of inactivity since your initial ban, you rejoined the server today under the guise of an alt. Your presence was noted swiftly, to which you were asked to leave and make a ban appeal. That conversation is below:

Spoiler

2018-02-03 16:24:48 [INFO] [Silversunset -> alarmedpotato] you're not allowed to join on an alt if you've been banned. you need to appeal the ban.

2018-02-03 16:25:10 [INFO] [alarmedpotato -> Silversunset] This isn't an alt I've literally not played in a few revs

2018-02-03 16:25:21 [INFO] [Silversunset -> alarmedpotato] uh huh

2018-02-03 16:25:31 [INFO] [alarmedpotato -> Silversunset] how much to keep your mouth shut

2018-02-03 16:25:52 [INFO] [Silversunset -> alarmedpotato] not going to happen. leave and appeal the ban or i'll ban this account as well.

2018-02-03 16:26:09 [INFO] [alarmedpotato -> Silversunset] wait if I appeal you'll really let me back

2018-02-03 16:26:17 [INFO] [Silversunset -> alarmedpotato] thats the point of appeals.

2018-02-03 16:26:42 [INFO] [alarmedpotato -> Silversunset] ok give me 5 minutes I'll leave I just want to see my town

2018-02-03 16:26:48 [INFO] [Silversunset -> alarmedpotato] no. now.

2018-02-03 16:26:52 [INFO] [alarmedpotato -> Silversunset] ok damn

From the conversation that you had with Silversunset, it seemed that you had a clear intent to subvert the process of opening and resolving a ban appeal, until you were discovered.

The rule broken here is:

• If banned, no evading the ban - request unbans at nerd.nu/appeal

With regards to your appeal today, you've demonstrated that you can think before you speak and act, to use your own words there. Your promise is all we can ask for in this situation, relating to your initial ban. However, the punishment we issue for ban evasion is two weeks to be added to your ban duration, so I am only setting a ban duration starting from today based on that.

Once we enter 18th February (GMT), I'll unban you from then and reply to your appeal to notify you of this. If you're not unbanned by this time then you're very welcome to reply here to ask for either myself or anyone on staff to unban you. Please avoid any further ban evasion as we'll be put in the position of having to add additional time to your ban duration.