malcontents [Zomise]

malcontents

Hey folks, login says I'm banned for X-Ray.  Won't pretend I didn't do it or none of that nonsense, but don't regret it either, and I'll explain why.  Mainly appealing because I'm intrigued by the plugin software I see in the screenshots that looks like it can track literally everything.  Wondering if someone could throw up some screenshots of where they found me using it and stuff cause that's cool; I'm into the technical side of things and used to setup servers.  Anyways, I used it because like all of you, my time is precious and I personally don't like "wasting" my time mining when I could be building cool things for the town, exploring the map, checking out the custom things the server has, or etc (This is still ironic because I'm playing a video game instead of doing something productive, and also because I've gotten sucked into the server and played quite a bit).  Now i get it, it's against the rules and gives me an unfair advantage, so the ban is fair and square and I won't contest that, but I will say that honestly with the 1.6 ore multiplier I usually didn't even need to use it.  The only other request I have which I'm not sure how this works and I'm sure ya'll will say I brought it on them and all but since all my stuff is rolled back all of Arctic_Puffin's base has been deleted since I built it for him, but is his.  Same goes with other people but to a smaller extent.  Not saying you'll do anything about it it's just that I feel that Arctic_Puffin shouldn't be punished for something I did.  Anyways, if I understand correctly this ban will expire in a week, so maybe see ya'll back then, maybe not.  For now, I'm going to take this opportunity to enjoy the finally warm weather outside.

Best,

- mal

Thanks for being honest.

X-ray tends to be pretty blatant and the only way to really cover it up is to do as much work as if you were mining legitimately, so at that point you wouldn't really get much benefit from it timewise.

Here's some of the proof screenshots I took, but once you had decided to X-ray there was so much of it, I'm not going to present it all.

4QIJbPn.png

You went straight through stone to a gold deposit.

wKHBvRo.png

Dug up through stone to a gold deposit.

mQuBe3p.png

You hadn't really x-rayed for diamonds, but seems that on your quest for gold you decided to go for some diamond as well. Here's one of the diamond edits where you dug diagonally through several layers of stone to get to the diamond after a general ore deposit on the surface.

wsYCYPp.png

This is one of your gold paths where you went straight from one deposit to another.

The evidence in this case was overwhelming and I won't present it all here since these are sufficient to prove the point.

You are indeed banned for a week. Please appeal on the 30th of April to be unbanned. (That particular day is a big event evening in Finland, so I may not be around. If this is the case, any staff member can unban you on the day in question.)

Arctic_Puffin can modreq the destruction and padmins then evaluate if it's eligible for restoration, but as such all your edits are rolled back and inventory cleared and your horses have moved to greener pastures.

1 hour ago, Zomise said:

Arctic_Puffin can modreq the destruction and padmins then evaluate if it's eligible for restoration, but as such all your edits are rolled back and inventory cleared and your horses have moved to greener pastures.

Alas the steeds were more honorable than the rider.  I hope they were deleted and not killed by sword. RIP Double Stuff and Blackass.

I had reached out to Puffin earlier today to let him know of my request, and he communicated to me his modreq was being ignored. Not sure what that's about but perhaps he'll have better luck tomorrow.  Anyways, I will appeal as instructed on the 30th of April.

- mal

1 minute ago, malcontents said:

Alas the steeds were more honorable than the rider.  I hope they were deleted and not killed by sword. RIP Double Stuff and Blackass.

I had reached out to Puffin earlier today to let him know of my request, and he communicated to me his modreq was being ignored. Not sure what that's about but perhaps he'll have better luck tomorrow.  Anyways, I will appeal as instructed on the 30th of April.

- mal

I see Puffin has open a modreq with the # 2261. I assure you, it's not being ignored. A padmin has already taken a look at it, but in cases like these it needs investigation where the items came in the first place and what would be theirs and what was something Puffin was simply benefiting from you. So it is currently handled, but still on the investigation phase.