Revision 22: Mid-Rev Feedback Topic

Sir_Didymus

Thank you for your response @Ruthless! It seems you are not the only one who has requested the ability to include “air” as an allowed block in world edit for the mapworld. Are there any others that you can think of that are currently not allowed that would be helpful to have?  

We’ve heard a few people ask as well about modifying the dragon fight. Do you have any other ideas for how to make the dragon fight ‘better’ other than removing the blazes and debuffs? Or would you be in favor of returning to a more vanilla battle. If that is the case, how do you feel about the method for obtaining elytra, would a vanilla battle be too easy a trade off?

Unfortunately being able to see your mount while using one of the disguise saddles is a client side issue, our only fix is to allow the /horse-disguise-self command, which only works while you are standing still.

Hey @Sumeragi thanks for the feedback! Spawn this rev has undergone a few changes due to player feedback, it's always good to see how we can create a better first impression of the server by making spawn informative and welcoming. Despite being bad at models (I can barely draw a straight line myself) are there any previous revisions spawns that would serve as an example of what you mean?

I’m not sure about mooshrooms spawning either, currently there seems to be nothing preventing it in the setup but Haven has an empty pen just waiting for occupancy!

Hi @ThelVadumee,

Thanks for your feedback! Lots of people have been requesting more oceans due to the nature of the 1.13 update  - understandably with all the new mobs, blocks etc. An underwater spawn would be interesting - we’ve observed in the past that it sometimes hinders new players when spawn is surrounded by water - how do you see an underwater spawn working out in this context? Would you build roads out to land or use some other means of transport out of spawn?

@Zomise thank you for your detailed response. I’m particularly interested in your comment about increasing the activation range of golem spawners, I believe we have been at 25 blocks since they were introduced.  I don't exactly recall why 25 was chosen other than it was more than a normal spawner - do you have a recommendation for a better range?

It does seem that you are echoing a lot of other players who have commented on wanting both a smaller map as well as a more vanilla map with the new update.

I know event times have been a challenge as well, trying to make events that people can attend and that have enough of a turnout to run them is a complicated mix to get right every time. It sounds as though you are in favor of fewer time-sensitive events, things that are more long-term and can be done at your own pace. I would say the best way to come back to us with event ideas would be the forums or a group pm.

Hi @PVEgrenbug,

Thanks for taking the time to add your feedback here. Looks like your request for a water focussed map has been echoed in quite a few posts here and we’ll definitely be discussing that in detail ready for when 1.13 is fully released.

Interesting that you have opted for wanting a smaller map - I share your reminiscing about wandering from town to town and would also support trying a smaller map if there is feedback to support it. With the requests for much more ocean though, we will have to think carefully about what resources and areas are available, when it comes time to choose a specific map. It would be nice to see a well done above ground rail system next revision, although I’m not that keen on skyrail. I wouldn’t mind seeing some realistic ground level rail for a change!

There’s a lot of support for another review of how we approach elytra this revision - many people feeling it was delayed too long and was too expensive to obtain once released. The idea that having elytra actually improves people’s ability to visit one another, and assist in projects such as road or rail, is one that has come up recently, and we’ll certainly be thinking long and hard about what sort of implementation we should be using next revision.

I’m glad that you have enjoyed the Archaeologists’ Guild this revision - what stops you from being able to participate as much as you’d like? If it’s time, is there any sort of event or activity we could include that is less time intensive and allows for a wider inclusion of players who have less time on their hands?

Thanks for taking the time to write such detailed feedback for us @kumquatmay! There is a lot of really good information here, and gives us a lot of insight for next rev.

There are a few things i’ve got some questions on, more for my own clarification as well as to help us better use the information you’ve provided.

I wonder if you can elaborate on what you meant by “I went in expecting something pretty different” regarding the mob arena; what were you expecting that would have made the arena better? Its been a while since we’ve had one, and we’re always looking for ways to improve it and make it more enjoyable.

The suggestion box has been a complicated process for us. We were finding it hard to have dialogue with users due to the process being so one-sided, often times important information would be missing or users would use it as more of a complaint box than a suggestion box. We would always prefer speaking with players directly as it allows them to fully explain their suggestion far better than a 250-character message, as well as gives us the opportunity to ask questions or provide clarification. While we didn’t want to cut off that line of communication entirely it became clear we needed to find a better method. That being said, we’re open to new ways of handling them if you’ve got any ideas to share.

One last bit regarding mapworld: //move <#> <direction> is an available command, and works as a cut/paste would work. Personally I’m not sure which items specifically are allowed or not, but it does seem there is some documentation regarding that which we can certainly review for the next rev.

Hi, @King_of_queso,

Thanks for the feedback - it’s much appreciated! You ask about using OTG in 1.12 for new map generation. We’ve not tested yet as such, but I’d expect there to be issues with ocean terrain generation at the very least. There are definitely issues with WorldPainted ocean terrain generation for 1.13, so making amendments in that way is also out at present! I agree with your thoughts on not having oceans near spawn, and we will likely try to avoid that if possible. Some deeper deserts would be nice too, which might be a little easier if we do end up going back to vanilla generation.

If we choose to continue with custom mobs in the nether next revision we will also take a look at the mob drops and consider making some changes to avoid quite so many inventories full of red leather armour!

Do you have any thoughts on how you’d like to see a custom end dragon fight, if we choose to retain one next revision? The current implementation has not been ideal for everyone, but if you’ve any thoughts on a better method, we’d love to hear them!

Lots of people have mentioned a preference for events that contain puzzles or riddles to solve, and that can be done together in a group - those are certainly ideas that we will take forward when thinking about our events for revision 23.

• Upvote 1

Hi @torteela,

Thanks for the feedback! Seems you are another supporter of decreasing map or land size in favour of bringing people closer together. I agree it would be interesting to see what sort of infrastructure is created in a smaller map - I miss the close community aspect we had in some of our earlier, smaller maps. That being said, we don’t want to cram people together too much and create friction. We will have to discuss this in depth when we start our rev prep meetings.

I think it’s quite likely that the map will have to be at least mostly vanilla in the upcoming revision, but we can only wait and see how long it takes for 1.13 to be released, and then all the subsequent plugins and associated programs like WorldPainter. I agree the ocean is likely to be massively popular in 1.13, so we will need to take that into account.

Cave generation in the overworld is handled by the OTG generator, and it’s likely their cave files (or random generation) isn’t up to your standards! If we do end up with a vanilla overworld next revision, that’s one thing that won’t be an issue at least.

Your issues with the dragon fight have been echoed by a few others - do you have any specific ideas on how you’d like the dragon fight to be, in terms of gameplay?

Having usable items drop from ore is an interesting idea, though it does negate some of the ‘crafting’ aspect of minecraft. What sort of items would you include?

The mending enchant is a fairly integral part of minecraft now in many people’s eyes. What motivates you to want to remove (or make exclusive) the mending enchant on elytra? Do you think it would be beneficial in terms of gameplay longevity?

• Upvote 1

Hi @Herr_Fawkes,

Thanks for participating in this feedback thread! Spawn embassies have been added to spawn in the past - do you feel they are a missing key element in more recent spawn builds? Do you have any other thoughts on how towns might advertise for members at spawn?

I’m glad you enjoyed the nether this rev, and the custom nether mobs - they were balanced to ensure that more than just end-game players would be able to travel in the nether, and to hopefully be mildly harder than overworld mobs but not too overwhelming.

We still feel at present that schematica printer is a little too automated for our present culture on P, even in mapworld. Hopefully with the basics of WorldEdit now available, we’ve taken enough steps to satisfy most players who choose to build there.

It's great that you have enjoyed our custom drops this revision - would you like to see any changes or expansions to the system in the next revision?

Your thoughts on elytra vs other forms of travel seem to be very different from most people’s experiences this revision. I’ve not seen a great deal of support this revision, for the idea that delaying elytra has improved our infrastructure in other ways, and some people have commented that having elytra actually assists in their efforts to build roads and help friends with their infrastructure projects. In what ways do you feel the treatment of elytra this revision has helped other forms of transport?

• Upvote 1

Hi @I_c_e_,

Thanks for participating in this feedback process! I’m really looking forward to seeing a 1.13 PvE revision too - just from running various tests and experiments ready for rev prep, I have already become obsessed with collecting fish… Not sure I’m looking forward to the new enemy mobs though!

I’m glad you enjoyed the rainbow caves in the nether - they were my favourite bit to make as well! I hope you didn’t ride around for too long - perhaps you got hypnotised by the colours.

Do you have any ideas about different ways to implement the dragon fight? Would you prefer it was a regular vanilla fight, or a different custom one?

Your feedback on elytra echoes many other people in this thread and we will definitely be reviewing its implementation for the upcoming revision. Do you have any preference on how elytra should be acquired on a multiplayer server? And do you agree with the assertion that having or not having elytra has little negative effect on other forms of transportation? - as we have also seen mentioned a few times this revision and elsewhere in this feedback topic.

• Upvote 2

Hi @pez252,

Thanks for your in depth feedback on the revision so far! We still need to experiment with OTG and BB to see how far it can accommodate 1.13, and that is something we will look into as part of planning. Even if we could hack something together, I’m not sure if OTG would handle other features like shipwrecks or buried treasure, nor whether it would understand to generate temperature based oceans. I’ve already established that WorldPainter is not yet 1.13 ready, so hopefully we will see a quick update to both when 1.13 hits. However, personally I’d be alright with a vanilla map if that’s the way we have to go - I always feel quite nostalgic in vanilla terrain!

I’m glad you enjoyed the custom nether. Do you have any areas in particular that you found interesting to explore? Nether spawn rates have always been a hot topic and I note you support keeping custom spawners out of the nether. Do you feel there are better ways to implement mobs in the nether that have yet to be tried?

There have been a number of comments requesting that the custom dragon fight remain, but change to better accommodate players with a poorer connection, as the number of mobs that can stack up during the fight is considerable. Do you support this idea, and do you have any ideas about how this fight could be implemented differently?

The custom drops needed to trade for elytra at spawn was clearly a system that didn’t suit some people. What sorts of items would you like to see available at spawn? And is your preferred method of implementation for elytra to have them drop directly from the dragon fight? If so, do you still support increasing the difficulty of the dragon fight, given that it doesn’t as closely approximate a vanilla amount of difficulty in getting elytra?

• Upvote 1

Hi @Kirstae,

Thanks for your feedback, kirstae! I think most people would agree that vanilla terrain with 1.13 features is preferable to 1.12 custom terrain for the upcoming rev. I’m very much looking forward to all the new things in 1.13 regardless of how terrain is implemented, though the new hostile mobs are terrifying!

I’m interested in your experiences with the custom dragon fight, since it is essentially an enhancement of the vanilla one. We’ve hopefully fixed the EoF drop experiences people were having in the earlier part of the revision. Are you strictly in favour of a return to a vanilla fight, or would you like to see a different custom dragon fight? If so, do you have any ideas on what you’d like to see changed?

You say you’d like to see more portals next revision - what do you think is an optimal number? Having portals placed in spots chosen by players is something we have looked into before, with various factors to be taken into consideration such as uneven spread, portal placement disputes, or multiple portals being claimed by one person or set of townspeople. It is, nevertheless, something we will bring to discussions again when we have our planning meeting.

I’m glad you enjoyed our custom drops this revision. I’ve heard a few people say they would have preferred all trades to be available from the start of the revision - is this something you’d like to see for next revision? It’s definitely more possible to achieve now that we have better information on the kinds of numbers people manage to dig up over a time period.

Your ideas about pre-built roads sound intriguing, but I feel they take something away from the spirit of PvE. I very much prefer to launch people out into the wilderness and see what they make of it. That’s part of the fun! Pre-built roads would certainly help with early travel but there’s no real community achievement - and I think having the opportunity for people to work together in that way is important.

I respectfully disagree with your suggestion that we chose to listen to only a vocal minority. We compiled every single piece of feedback we could find going as far back as Revision 17, into a huge document that each padmin read through and then we discussed it all in detail. You’re absolutely right that we can’t read the minds of players, and we have to work with the feedback we can see and hear. We make many attempts on all our social media to ensure that people know feedback opportunities are available. This time around, we have also begun individually contacting regular players to ensure they know this thread exists. Hopefully with wider feedback, next revision will be a more positive experience for everyone.

• Upvote 1

Hi @teli_pinkerton,

Good to have your feedback! I’m glad you have enjoyed the custom ore drops this revision - do you have any particular items that you would like to see become tradeable at spawn?

Elytras have definitely been a talking point this revision and we have all learned a lot from the experience. If we retain a custom dragon fight would you like to see it change to something new, or be similar to this revision?

A few people have mentioned to us the desire to have one individual iron golem spawner be upgradeable. That’s something we shall talk about in our preparation meetings for Revision 23, so thanks for bringing it up here for the record!

• Upvote 1

Hi @saberfysh,

Thanks for participating in our feedback process. You mention that you feel terrain is important when it comes to multiple people cooperating together and building in one area. What do you consider “good terrain” in this context? I’d assume flat open plains would be popular in this regard but then again I have seen some great examples of people making use of rougher terrain in a similar manner. More ocean and more desert have been regular calls during feedback and we’ll definitely be discussing how we can best accommodate everyone - especially with all the 1.13 features incoming.

The current End Dragon fight was designed to be soloable, and that has been achieved by a number of players this revision so far. However, I recognise that not everyone has the experience to do this (I myself am definitely no End Dragon fighter!). Do you support keeping a custom fight of some variety, or would you like to see us return to the vanilla experience in the End? - it’s unlikely both could be accommodated, but that is certainly an interesting idea too.

• Upvote 1

Hi @defiex,

Thanks for the feedback defie - although don’t forget to finish it off! An island world sounds like it could be fun - it would certainly give us the opportunity to have a ton of ocean! Lack of gravel has been mentioned a few times during the rev - it’s something I tried to mitigate when we made the nether, but it still seems to be an annoyance for some people. We have also tried to add gravel as a contest prize as you have seen!

Having a non-spawnable area at nether spawn might be something worth pursuing - we’ll definitely discuss it when we get into planning. However I’m glad you enjoyed exploring the nether overall!   

I’m quite amused that you have been trying to get away from portals and they have managed to pop up right next to you! But I take your point about forward planning. We haven’t yet decided how we will implement portals for next revision but it’s something we do need to think about in depth.

Also, what on Earth are you going to do with all the feesh in 1.13?!

• Upvote 1

Hi @Becquerine,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to this topic! I notice your concerns about large empty claims - do you think rules around claims are good enough or are there things you’d like to see changed, especially if we decided to go with a smaller map?

I’m glad you have enjoyed our custom drops so far - is there anything you particularly would like to see in our spawn trading area?

• Upvote 1

Hi @Wozdaka,

Thanks for participating in this feedback topic! I’m glad you have been enjoying spawn this revision - quite a lot of staff participated in the decoration of spawn - especially the top floor museum area and I have really enjoyed its reflection on some historic towns and events on P.

I see you prefer a smaller map size - what size do you think would be the best choice for the upcoming revision? I would also be glad to see a vanilla map next revision as I do like them a lot - if we do end up going with vanilla I’ll be interested to see if there are any changes in the 1.13 generation (aside from the obvious). I don’t think I have played a vanilla generated map in a good long while!

I like your thoughts on the End and the end dragon fight - it would be nice to have a little more to explore and make use of in that world. Hopefully Mojang will tackle the End or the Nether next! Do you think the custom dragon fight was a good addition this revision or do you prefer the vanilla experience?

Portals are always difficult to decide about and you seem to have thought long and hard about them. It is almost impossible to successfully make everyone agree on what would be considered a “key town” - someone is always going to feel that sort of decision is unfair. Having lots of undeveloped portals is something we’d like to avoid too though, so getting some sort of balance right is important. This revision we trialled putting out new portal hunts over a period of a few weeks, but we still seem to have a number of undeveloped places - we’ll definitely need to discuss how we approach portals again in the upcoming planning meetings.

I think your idea about having all the item available for trade upfront is something we can more seriously consider next revision if we choose to go that route. This revision there was a lot of trial and error in getting drop rates correct, and tracking just what sort of numbers of items people could collect in a given timeframe. Armed with that knowledge, we can hopefully better prepare any traders we choose to have at spawn next revision. I see you weren’t that enamored of the custom saddles - what sort of items would you like to see made tradeable at spawn?

• Upvote 1

@bermudalocket Thank you for your wordy response. I would ask in the future that you try to keep your replies short so I don’t go blind trying to read them (/s)!

Do you have any specific information about the custom nether you found difficult? I know you mentioned that it can be volatile “between the custom spots” - the nether is meant to be a literal hell on earth; can you elaborate a bit more on that so we can better understand what needs reviewing?

Regarding elytra, short of a complete rework of the end dimension do you have other feedback regarding how we can better balance the way they are obtained? Should we continue with a dragon fight, make the fight easier/harder, or go with some completely different method entirely?

And since you've asked so nicely, next rev we'll make sure to include extra birch trees so you don't feel like you're missing out on anything!
Please send help didy is threatening to cover the whole map in birch if i dont write this!!!!!

4 hours ago, Sir_Didymus said:

Hi @Herr_Fawkes,

Thanks for participating in this feedback thread! Spawn embassies have been added to spawn in the past - do you feel they are a missing key element in more recent spawn builds? Do you have any other thoughts on how towns might advertise for members at spawn?

I’m glad you enjoyed the nether this rev, and the custom nether mobs - they were balanced to ensure that more than just end-game players would be able to travel in the nether, and to hopefully be mildly harder than overworld mobs but not too overwhelming.

We still feel at present that schematica printer is a little too automated for our present culture on P, even in mapworld. Hopefully with the basics of WorldEdit now available, we’ve taken enough steps to satisfy most players who choose to build there.

It's great that you have enjoyed our custom drops this revision - would you like to see any changes or expansions to the system in the next revision?

Your thoughts on elytra vs other forms of travel seem to be very different from most people’s experiences this revision. I’ve not seen a great deal of support this revision, for the idea that delaying elytra has improved our infrastructure in other ways, and some people have commented that having elytra actually assists in their efforts to build roads and help friends with their infrastructure projects. In what ways do you feel the treatment of elytra this revision has helped other forms of transport?

On embassies- with the presence of the Federations and the traditional cities this rev, I think having the option to build an embassy is important both to provide a base at spawn for city members and to attract new players. Other ways of advertising towns at spawn could include a spot for map-art billboards, statue gardens in which towns can build something, etc.  

I'm glad that the nether mobs were balanced to make them beatable with less than end game equipment. This is a good design decision, keep it up!

Fair point on the printer. I think I missed having it because my usage of mapworld this rev has been limited to building a full map of the server, and that wasn't easy without the printer. I'm glad we've got maps from old revs, that's one of the best features in the mapworld as a whole. 

Custom drops- it'd be fun if we expanded the mining drops to work with mobs- maybe bring back Dr. Cuddles and his friends? In all seriousness, though, the progression system inherent in the spawn-based drop trades is really refreshing. Expanding its selection is probably the best thing to do, since the bones of the system are strong.

Elytra- Honestly, I'm probably always going to be in the minority on this issue, and that's fine. However, I do feel like the server community has really rebounded since revision 20, when, in my mind, elytra were a much bigger blight on the server than they are now, and I credit that rebound to elytra being harder to get and the buffing of the ores needed to get rails. I understand that many people weren't happy with the delay in getting elytra, and I won't be surprised if we return to wings being available on day 1. If we do, I think we need to think seriously about how wings and the creeper spawner are implemented: make Mending incompatible with wings so that flying takes work in the long term, and remove the creeper spawner (or only implement it near the midpoint/end of a revision) so that powered flight takes more than a bit of AFK to achieve. The main argument in favor of elytra seems to be that it's a vanilla item. Be that as it may, the creeper spawner is not vanilla, and it removes the main challenge inherent in powered flight. 

I'd also like to say a few words on map size. A smaller map would be interesting. It'd certainly stimulate ground-based infrastructure, and we've done smallish maps before (IIRC revisions 16-18 were 3000x3000, and they never felt too big to play well. This map does feel large, and I think a 3000x3000 map might be better to try. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Sir_Didymus said:

Hi @torteela,

Thanks for the feedback! Seems you are another supporter of decreasing map or land size in favour of bringing people closer together. I agree it would be interesting to see what sort of infrastructure is created in a smaller map - I miss the close community aspect we had in some of our earlier, smaller maps. That being said, we don’t want to cram people together too much and create friction. We will have to discuss this in depth when we start our rev prep meetings.

I think it’s quite likely that the map will have to be at least mostly vanilla in the upcoming revision, but we can only wait and see how long it takes for 1.13 to be released, and then all the subsequent plugins and associated programs like WorldPainter. I agree the ocean is likely to be massively popular in 1.13, so we will need to take that into account.

Cave generation in the overworld is handled by the OTG generator, and it’s likely their cave files (or random generation) isn’t up to your standards! If we do end up with a vanilla overworld next revision, that’s one thing that won’t be an issue at least.

Your issues with the dragon fight have been echoed by a few others - do you have any specific ideas on how you’d like the dragon fight to be, in terms of gameplay?

Having usable items drop from ore is an interesting idea, though it does negate some of the ‘crafting’ aspect of minecraft. What sort of items would you include?

The mending enchant is a fairly integral part of minecraft now in many people’s eyes. What motivates you to want to remove (or make exclusive) the mending enchant on elytra? Do you think it would be beneficial in terms of gameplay longevity?

Dragon fight: My biggest disappointment was when the EOF fell in fire, so I'm glad that's been fixed already. It was a pretty negative experience to go through killing the dragon and not getting the reward. I think the idea of spawning mobs during the fight is good, but could be tweaked some. Maybe instead of spawning mobs when the dragon is hit, a fixed amount could be spawned when the dragon does his "down" phase. Could even increase the number that spawns in each subsequent phase, or cycle through different sets of mobs. One thing that would also be nice is if there are mobs in future fights, is that they be killed when the dragon is. I've gone to the end platform a few times and seen a ton of blazes around. It'd also make that more in line with boss fights in other games (like WoW) where when the main boss is killed its adds are killed too. I think that'd make the victory moment feel more rewarding not having to clean up a bunch of leftover mobs and being able to get the reward more immediately.

I'll be honest in that I didn't have anything specific in mind for the item drops, and I'm not really coming up with anything right now. I'll keep it in mind and edit something in if I think of it.

This is probably an unpopular opinion because a lot of people love mending, and I use it because it's in the game and it's really handy, but there's just something that feels wrong about it to me. Before mending gear lasted a while, but over time you'd have to use your diamonds to repair it and eventually it'd be too expensive so you'd have to make new gear. It gave you something to do with your diamonds once you already had all your gear. Since you couldn't just mend up a pick as you mined larger projects would require you to make multiple picks, or to go back to a place to repair the one you were using. With mending I could mine out literally the entire map with one pick if I had the time. Less hyperbolically, I've mined all the way from Straya to spawn with the same pick in one trip. I've had the same set of armor and tools since the first month of the rev. Diamonds have become one of those things you have a bunch of but have no use for. Gear, including elytra, is something you never have to replace unless you die in lava.

A lot of people seem to want elytra to be easier to obtain next rev. If that happens, I don't think it'd be unreasonable to make mending and unbreaking exclusive. They could still be repaired with phantom membranes, and it would get people to kill the dragon or whatever will get you an elytra next rev more than just the once to get it initially and only again if they die in lava. U3 gives an elytra about 30 minutes of glide time. Items can be repaired in an anvil up to 6 times, so getting one elytra with U3 would still give about 3 hours of glide time which is quite a lot. The same argument could be applied to all gear with mending really, but I'm sure I'm in the minority on not liking it so probably wouldn't be good to do that for all gear. It's a core part of survival minecraft (or was anyways) that things break and you have to replace them. It'd be nice to have some of that back.

• Upvote 3

Hey, @Sir_Didymus ! I forgot about the time that it takes to create the maps. A vanilla map would be fun and interesting since players are not used to the normal world. About the elytras, I have not gotten elytras yet on chaos. From reading the changelogs and messing around with snapshots on singleplayer, only the new membrane will repair them. Unless this has changed and mending still functions, I think elytras should be easier to obtain.

• Upvote 3

On 6/25/2018 at 6:27 PM, Sir_Didymus said:

Hi @defiex,

Thanks for the feedback defie - although don’t forget to finish it off! .

Also, what on Earth are you going to do with all the feesh in 1.13?!

Finished it off last night before bed! 

/Me sobs incoherently with nightmares of clockwork feesh

Edited by defiex
  • Upvote 2

On 6/25/2018 at 3:22 PM, Sir_Didymus said:

Hi @teli_pinkerton,

Good to have your feedback! I’m glad you have enjoyed the custom ore drops this revision - do you have any particular items that you would like to see become tradeable at spawn?

Elytras have definitely been a talking point this revision and we have all learned a lot from the experience. If we retain a custom dragon fight would you like to see it change to something new, or be similar to this revision?

A few people have mentioned to us the desire to have one individual iron golem spawner be upgradeable. That’s something we shall talk about in our preparation meetings for Revision 23, so thanks for bringing it up here for the record!

I think that it would be cool to see a special item (sword with cool enchants, etc) available for a totem of undying, because I think that they are very rare, but not all that useful. As for the dragon fight, I thought that the level of difficulty was great, but that fight alone should be enough to get the elytra. It would be cool to see the elytra obtained in two ways, to appeal to different players: one with the mining drops type thing, and then another with the boss fight.

-Lethal

• Upvote 3

Hi @Sir_Didymus,

In response to the discussion regarding the nether:

As many players previously mentioned, I think nether spawn should be made a safe zone. And as a quality of life enhancement, I would like to request a cauldron of water in the nether spawn region for horses.

Secondly, I think the nether custom mob displays could be improved or redesigned. Currently nether spawn is elevated and the custom mob displays are lower and spread out around the spawn with a poor line of sight from the portal itself so it might be easy to miss for a new player that is eager to explore.

Custom drops from the custom mobs keep them interesting. I like the berzerker shields and pixie wands. The items they drop are not too difficult to obtain or overpowered but add some cosmetic flair. This might be something to look at in the future.

Personally I appreciate the mobs as it adds variety and content to the nether, I was just a little surprised when I first joined as its quite non-vanilla but I'm perfectly okay with that. I do feel a little bad though for newer players and wonder what the statistics are as every time a new player joins the server they will most likely die to a nether mob soon after and wonder what happened, but I believe better communication or display will solve that issue (there was as custom mob server message when they were first added so that helped).

• Upvote 3