Event idea thread

SkrapssparkS

Hey guys, I have been pestering people with event ideas, so I am making this thread to document any ideas I have, and for anyone to add their own ideas to the thread help visualise which ones would be popular. So I'll start a couple off:

• A server text based quiz. (would require server admin permission) This would involve a series of multiple choice questions most likely on nerd.nu trivia. You'd type in your answer either a, b, or c using a command such as /a /b or /c. If your answer is correct, you move to the next question, if your answer is incorrect, you are kicked out of the quiz. If you make it through all the questions you could have a prize, this could be split with all the winners. I have heard there was a similar thing, non-text based called "tics trivia run".
  • Game show events: we had mcpublic squares a while ago which was great fun here's the link.
  • Server wide scavenger hunt. A scavenger hunt that would utilise all the servers.
  • Server challenges: This would involve doing specific tasks on each server. For instance, on creative you may have to build a certain thing and take a screenshot with it. On PVE, you may be required to collect several items. (First one to complete all challenges wins).
  • Team speed build
  • None competitive group building, so you'd get a couple hours to all work on a build project (this would most likely take place on creative).
  • The usual sort of mini events such as spleef and speed build.
  • Puzzle builds. There have been a few events like this, where you may have to solve a riddle or puzzle to progress.
  • Parkour, I know it's generic, but I'd quite like another 6K :P

I understand a few of these events are common one's we've done a lot, but it's just a thread to get them all down, and discuss the ones we'd like to try out. If you guys think of any, please put them down here, it'd be very useful, and would also allow this thread to give people ideas on potential events they could run.

Edited by SkrapssparkS
  • Upvote 1

Damn it! You got to my game show bit before I could comment.

ALSO We're going to be doing a non-official DEMO of a NON-COMPETITIVE TEAM/GROUP BUILD This upcoming Friday on Creative at /warp Core. [6/29 From 10PM-2AM EDT]
Please come if you're interested in trying this out, and helping us figure out if we can take this farther in the future!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SkrapssparkS said:

These are some of the progress screenshots from the first non-competitive group build which was set a little earlier than Holli's to accommodate for people in different timezones.

So cool! When and where was this organized? I would have liked to participate if I had known in time. For next time it would be nice to have it announced here, in the subreddit and/or discord to give a chance to others to join. I couldn't make it to Holli's since I fell asleep :(

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ieuweh said:

So cool! When and where was this organized? I would have liked to participate if I had known in time. For next time it would be nice to have it announced here, in the subreddit and/or discord to give a chance to others to join. I couldn't make it to Holli's since I fell asleep :(

Hey yeah sorry, the earlier one was a lot less official and so just spontaneously took place, we mentioned it in chat on the other servers however in future we'll post about it here. But they both seem to have worked very well so expect more!

• Like 1

Thinking about my things to do and I take back what I said about building a game show studio this rev on P, I'm not sure I can comfortably host one this rev without running into difficulties in other things I want to do by then.

Skraps hit a lot of good ideas though.  Back in the day I was fond of fazaden's cross-server scavenger hunt as well as MCPublic Squares (the latter in particular was what got me into the game show type stuff on P in recent revs).  It would be cool to see events like that again.

Edited by buzzie71

• 2 weeks later...

Another event that would be fun would be a survival island event, where you are given minimal resources on a floating island and have to make it as advanced as possible. We did it for a staff event years ago. However for the general players it'd have to be a little different e.g. no machines to glitch items in :P But if you had the team assignment plugin you could get several different islands competing against each other to see who could advance their island the most. I've pitched this to a couple c players who seemed quite interested in the idea. It's the sort of event that would probably have to take place on the event server though.

Just now, SkrapssparkS said:

Another event that would be fun would be a survival island event, where you are given minimal resources on a floating island and have to make it as advanced as possible. We did it for a staff event years ago. However for the general players it'd have to be a little different e.g. no machines to glitch items in :P But if you had the team assignment plugin you could get several different islands competing against each other to see who could advance their island the most. I've pitched this to a couple c players who seemed quite interested in the idea. It's the sort of event that would probably have to take place on the event server though.

You could also try and get it so players would say what server they are usually on so that they get matched with some players from the other server. (Might be something good on paper with everyone just saying they are from different servers to be with their friends) but if it works it could help add to the sense of community between the two servers.