Rev 23 late rev feedback

Cujobear

We’re coming towards the end of Revision 23 and would like to hear your feedback on the revision to help shape things for Revision 24! We’d love to hear any feedback you have, but have laid out some questions below for you to answer to give us some insight into the aspects of the revision you enjoyed, would like to see modified or ideas you have.

The Spawn Building

• Were exits from spawn laid out clearly?

• Is there anything you would like to see done differently with Spawn in Rev 24?

The Overworld

• Do you think that this map size (7kx7k) was good? Should it be bigger, smaller or similar?

• This rev we used vanilla map generation due to 1.13 offering new generation and biomes, and also due to custom terrain tools not being updated. Were you happy with the use of a vanilla seed? Would you like to see a return to custom terrain given the tools are updated?

• Were any biomes lacking or too abundant this revision?

• How did you find the distribution of ores this revision?

The Nether

This revision we had a custom Nether created by totemo, it featured different biomes designed to provide areas for bulk mining resources like concrete powder and terracotta. We again included custom mobs in the nether.

• How did you feel about the custom generated map this revision? Would you like to see a custom nether again?

• How did you feel about the custom mobs this revision?

• How was the distribution of quartz and glowstone?

• Were the villagers with custom trades in the Nether a positive addition?

The End

This revision we had a custom generated End created by totemo. It featured different biomes (also designed to provide bulk mining of resources like the Nether) and custom structures with the idea that the End is a cold, dry place.

We also had a new version of the dragon fight created by bermudalocket. This fight included 4 phases of dragon and mob fighting goodness, with Elytra dropping from completing the fight.

Another change we implemented was having shulkers spawning across the end instead of having a shulker spawner.

• Generation:

• How did you feel about the custom generated End this rev? Any kind of generation you’d like to see?

• How did you feel about having ores generated in the End that were plumped but didn’t have custom drops? How was the ore distribution?

• Were the villagers with custom trades in the End a positive addition?

• Dragon Fight

• How did you feel about bermuda’s NerdyDragon fight? Was it too easy/difficult/just right in your opinion?

• Any other suggestions you’d like to share for the fight?

• Did you like having the leaderboard available for the dragon fights?

• Shulkers and other mobs

• Did you enjoy having free range shulkers instead of a shulker spawner?

• How did you feel about the other mobs that appeared in the end?

Elytra

After feedback last rev we decided to have the Elytra be obtainable as a drop from the custom dragon fight.

• How did you feel about the method of obtaining Elytra this revision? Was receiving it as a drop from the custom dragon fight enough effort for it?

• Do you have any other ideas you have for methods of obtaining Elytra?

Mapworld

• Are there any additions you’d like to see in Mapworld next revision?

Portals

This revision we had claimable 8 portals across the map, all available from day 1 of the revision.

• Did you feel that the number and distribution of portals this rev was good? Do you prefer having all portals available from day 1 of the revision?

• Do you have any ideas for how portals should be implemented next rev?

Iron Golem Spawners

Iron Golem Spawner costs remained the same this revision, except you were able to upgrade to a new level individually instead of needing to upgrade all 4 spawners to the same level first.

• Do you feel that the cost of an iron golem spawner was fair?

• How did you feel about being able to upgrade spawners individually as opposed to upgrading each spawner to the same level first?

• Perhaps something about keeping our system the same in 1.14 after iron golems spawning is nerfed in vanilla

Custom Spawners

This revision we had a Creeper, Squid and Slime spawner, all available to be found from the first day of the revision.

• How do you feel about the inclusion of custom spawners in the map? Would you prefer to have, or not have them?

• Which custom spawners do you think are particularly useful in a multiplayer setting, if any?

Custom Drops from Ore, Mobs, Loot chests and Sugarcane

This revision we continued the use of custom drops from ores, but also expanded on the methods of obtaining them to include dropping from some mobs, in loot chests, rewards from events and new blocks (sugarcane)

• How did you feel about the addition of drops from mobs, loot chests and sugarcane this revision? Would you like to see drops coming from other sources in the future?

• How do you feel about the rates of custom drops dropping, too frequent or too rare?

• Do you have any ideas for new ways to obtain custom drops?

• How have the custom drop trades been so far this rev? Any kinds of trades you’d like to see in the future?

Custom Saddles

• Have you enjoyed the custom horse saddles available to trade this revision?

• Would you like to see them return for next revision?

• If so, do you prefer them as trade items, prizes, or some mixture of both?

Events

Events so far this revision:

• Valentines Day

• St. Patrick’s Day

• Easter Egg Hunt

• All the Things

• Collections at Spawn (gathering materials to unlock spawn trades)

• Are there any events you particularly enjoyed this revision so far?

• Is there any event past or present that you’d like to see return in Revision 23?

• Have you any new event ideas that you’d like to share?

• Do you enjoy having special items that you may not be able to get in vanilla as a prize for completing events? (Such as higher level enchanted items, custom skulls)

• Do you have any ideas for events you’d like to see in the future?

End of Rev

In the past there has been end of rev events such as ending the world in Chaos and a Zombie Apocalypse, would you like to see the return of something like this? Do you have any other ideas for how to celebrate the end of rev?

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on this revision, we appreciate any insight into what you did and didn’t enjoy this revision. We will be reading responses to help prepare for Revision 24!

Feedback will be open for 2 weeks, with the following dates for when you can expect responses and the topic to close:

• 10th June: First round of responses to feedback

• 16th June: Second round of responses

• 19th June: Topic closed to new responses

Thank you for your time!

• PAdmins

Spawn

I believe that spawn was, while very pretty, not laid out well for new players. I saw many leave due to their inability to locate the exits of spawn (Even I took a while on day one)

I would like to see a simpler layout so that players are not confused, and maybe, like this rev, try to keep spawn not laggy, like spawns before have been. (Normally they got laggier as the rev progressed)

Overworld

I enjoyed the vanilla map! It was fun to see the base game again, which I haven't seen for ages.

Nether and End

Both the nether and end were amazing. I loved the end the most, though. It was really cool to be able to traverse the entire end without the need of bridging, pearling or flying over the big islands. I loved the different concrete in both realms, as well! I absolutely loved the ores in the end.

Events

I found the events to be cool but very repetitive. The ones I was there for were basically the same thing, grind, trade and continue grinding. The custom mobs were cool to trap and keep after the event, though!

Thank you for a very fun rev 🙂

Thank  you to those who made rev 23 possible. A lot of donated time/effort goes into making these servers run the way they do and the first comment should be this. Thank you to those in our community who do this and make this possible. Now....to some opinions....

* Spawn

Please no melons. Or any free food at spawn. I think one of the best rewarding things is starting with nothing and making it all. No starting food, tools, armor or anything means people have to risk to explore quickly with overcoming food issues. And the community will be drawn together to work together to overcome food issues by making their own source of food early at spawn. Imagine how fast food farms could be made if the community worked together to over come not have free stacks of melons to eat. Melons will be very popular 1.14 for trading and free melons at spawn is free emeralds and free diamond anything. 

* World map - Lovely map. Kudos to whom found the seed/set the ores/etc - it was awesome. I hold the opinion smaller map size  is better - brings people closer and co-operation is cool. Nice seeing a filled in map at the end of the rev. But I understand we live in times when we can have a little more space.  Overall very nice map.

* Custom End/Nether - I respect the effort to make custom realms. However I feel they made the game too easy. Sky platforms in both were too strong. It was too easy to get tougher to make/find blocks.  I think challenge lengthens people's interest in the rev and also increases co-operative playing. Please bring back custom vanilla nether it is fun and challenging. For the end perhaps tone down the free blocks and bring back more planetoids/space feel to it. Space farming to find tough blocks with logistics/dangers to mine the asteroids/planetoids. Huge floating areas of just clay/concrete

ty

2 hours ago, Cujobear said:

The Spawn Building

• Spawn was neat this time around.  But then, it usually is.  I'm always amazed by how much effort someone (or a group of someones) puts into such a colossal build to anchor the server.  Great job.  One of these days, maybe I'll take the time to find all the secrets.

The Overworld 

• Vanilla is always best.  The map seemed plenty big.  Definitely a fan of more space over less.

The Nether

• The what?

The End

• Wasn't he that old sniper in Metal Gear Solid 3?

Elytra 

• I have no interest in flight in Survival.

Mapworld

• I think Mapworld is neat, but I've never had cause to use it myself.

Portals

• I have gone through a portal exactly once in 23 revs of P.

Iron Golem Spawners

• I know what an iron golem spawner is.  I think I saw one in person once.

Custom Spawners

• Vanilla is always best.

• I think this is neat, but I've never had much interest in abandoning mining or building long enough to walk back to spawn to do anything with the items I find.

Custom Saddles

• You mean like for pigs?

Events

• I saw an electrified creeper for the first time ever this rev.  That was exciting.  Then a skeletal horse trap spawned in a tree over my house.  That was an anxious day.

End of Rev

• You folks just keep doing what you're doing.  This is a great server, no matter how obsessed with custom terrain folks are sometimes, and no matter how hard Mojang tries to destroy their own game.  If I have any real criticism, it is this:
  • Phantoms are a terrible, terrible idea that are made even worse by multiplayer, where wool is a scarce commodity and even once you have a bed you're never 100% sure how many days have passed since you last used it.  Even the worst group creeper spawn is less disruptive to playing the game.  If you're going to have a custom ruleset, maybe start by cutting these things out of the game like they should have been by the developer.
  • Server latency has improved immensely in the last decade, but it's still not good enough for encountering baby zombies or burning mobs to be anything approaching fair on Hard difficulty.  Easy difficulty for great justice.

11 hours ago, Wozdaka said:

* Spawn

Please no melons. Or any free food at spawn. I think one of the best rewarding things is starting with nothing and making it all.

I second this... I never understood why giving away melons at spawn is even a thing in a server like this... If this was an anarchy server where everything is destroyed in a 2000-block radius around the spawn and everybody is hostile and trying to kill you, I would understand it... But in a collaborative server like this one where everyone is willing to help and build farms near the spawn to help newcomers? Come on, let the community make their own sources of sustainable food.

But I don't think this suggestion is going to be taken into account, because the free melons at spawn have been a staple of nerd.nu since I remember.

Edited by ivanovic

14 hours ago, Cujobear said:

The Spawn Building

• Were exits from spawn laid out clearly? No

• Is there anything you would like to see done differently with Spawn in Rev 24? No melons. What's the point of Player vs Environment if we all start out with food?

The Overworld

• Do you think that this map size (7kx7k) was good? Should it be bigger, smaller or similar? Yeah it's fine

• This rev we used vanilla map generation due to 1.13 offering new generation and biomes, and also due to custom terrain tools not being updated. Were you happy with the use of a vanilla seed? Would you like to see a return to custom terrain given the tools are updated? I liked it most when we had vanilla in the center and amplified at the edges of the map. Something for everyone!

• Were any biomes lacking or too abundant this revision? No

• How did you find the distribution of ores this revision? Fine

The Nether

This revision we had a custom Nether created by totemo, it featured different biomes designed to provide areas for bulk mining resources like concrete powder and terracotta. We again included custom mobs in the nether.

• How did you feel about the custom generated map this revision? Would you like to see a custom nether again? It made it easier to get black terra cotta.

• How did you feel about the custom mobs this revision? I ran away from them

• How was the distribution of quartz and glowstone? I didn't notice

• Were the villagers with custom trades in the Nether a positive addition? I didn't see them

The End

Never went there

Elytra

I don't care 

Mapworld

Never went there

Portals

This revision we had claimable 8 portals across the map, all available from day 1 of the revision.

• Did you feel that the number and distribution of portals this rev was good? Do you prefer having all portals available from day 1 of the revision? Yeah sure whatever. I have no interest in claiming a portal.

• Do you have any ideas for how portals should be implemented next rev? Same as this rev

Iron Golem Spawners

Better than those hideous iron farms people used to build 

Custom Spawners

I don't care

It's not worth my time to go all the way to spawn to cash them in. So they just end up sitting in a box.  Also the names of the items go off the screen so I don't even know what I have.

Custom Saddles

I didn't bother.

Events

I log on when I feel like building stuff. Events have no impact on whether or not I log on.

End of Rev

In the past there has been end of rev events such as ending the world in Chaos and a Zombie Apocalypse, would you like to see the return of something like this? Do you have any other ideas for how to celebrate the end of rev? Yeah those were all pretty cool.

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback

My conclusion is that you could save yourself a lot of time and still make a great experience for players like me. You could get rid of custom nether, end, mapworld,  spawners, item drops, saddles,  and all the events and I would enjoy this server just as much if not more.

Thanks for running a great server!

-SylvanSamurai

The Spawn Building 

While I loved the design and theming and ‘activities’ of spawn, I think people did struggle with the exits. Not because they were particularly obscure to find, just less blatant than in previous revs. There were also the numerous new log ins who, after panicking over spawning in under water and fearing drowning, struggled to find their way out of the ship. That may have just been the newness of the underwater mechanics, though.  

I would really like to see the idea of spawn secrets kept in next rev – maybe even with a semi-function, semi-junk prize for finding them all. A mid tier enchanted sword, perhaps, with a punny name. I nominate ‘Nerd Killer’.  

On the subject of ‘Spawn Melons’ – while I understand the concern for using spawn melons as trade-system breaking in future versions, they’ve had that potential for ages now. I think it’s well known to break the spirit of P, and part of our community is trusting and respecting others to foster that spirit. No need to manually enforce it. I don’t think they should be gotten rid of entirely – especially not when we have such rich and large spawns as we do this rev where people getting excited and exploring the area could die from starvation. There’s enough challenge and risk in getting tools and armor for that sense of reward, especially at starts of revs, without adding the risk that people will spread out, get far away from spawn, and then lose all their progress of trying to find a place to settle simply because they couldn’t find a damn pig to punch to death. Plus, it’s just a time honored Nerd Tradition.  

The Overworld 

I’ll be honest, I’m an idiot when it comes to the really noticing the biomes. I didn’t miss the custom spooky vine trees with skellie spawners in them, that’s for sure though. The custom biomes are always nice flavor, but I know I sometimes feel bad destroying the custom biomes for my own build. I get grief-guilt, even knowing it isn’t grief! The custom biomes are amazing and beautiful, but Nerdians are fully capable of transforming biomes themselves in Survival, so they sometimes feel unnecessary. For me I think it ultimately comes down to considering the time of the people putting together the map, and how they’d feel to have towns/people/robots come along and bulldoze down one of their beautiful mountains or build an ocean where a plains was.  

The Nether 

Opposite of custom biomes in the overworld, I like the custom Nether biomes. They really give more depth and new things to explore in the otherwise frequent sameness of the redhell realm. There were some early problems with native Nether spawns being affected, but that was adjusted with the introduction of more custom mobs. I liked the custom mobs; not much else to say there. Still haven’t gotten a super punch bow, though. Glowstone and Quartz were also impacted by the custom biomes, which seemed almost completely devoid of the resources most of the time, but I felt that was largely offset by things like the glowstone trees.  

The End 

The end was a BIG change, and overall I liked the effect. Again, took some tweaking to get the mob spawning right. Still disappointed Rose couldn’t make end dolphins, but that’s probably a base game issue.  

May be the outlying opinion here, but I liked having the super abundance of ores in the End. Let’s be honest, diamonds, emeralds, and lapis are all already made cheap by a half decent villager trader – and with all of villager trading in peril with upcoming updates (even if next rev isn’t likely to update), having those resources available in the end is nice. (Plus, if you try to take away the lapis, you know Ice is going to come for you). Gold is by and large cheap and useless as well – only value is in feeding horses and those outlying people who eat nothing but gold carrots. Further, in defense of it this rev, All The Things would have been 100x more hellish without it, so I cannot be upset with it.  

Free-roaming shulkers were a new and horrifying addition. I enjoyed it. It didn’t make obtaining shulker shells particularly more difficult but did require a bit more effort and challenge.  

The dragon fight is amazon. I’ve been terrified of previous dragon fight changes being too difficult, and  there was some concern about that leading up to this one. Once it arrived though – bermuda has made a masterpiece. Is it harder? Only in the sense that it forces the fight to be longer, and rewards planning and caution. It is a refreshingly fleshed out take on the fight. The leaderboards are a nice bit of inconsequential fluff. Everyone loves killing a dragon 120%! And who doesn’t love being able to murder some demon-pixie admins every once in a while? 

Elytra 

My only comment about Elytra this rev was noting that the wait for it was long. For totally understandable technical reasons, of course, but I don’t think it needs to be that long going forward. Also, to be argumentative, I didn’t see any significant increase in travel infrastructure built at the start of this rev over previous ones, in the absence of the elytra, despite previous arguments using that as reasoning to hold it back or get rid of it.  

Mapworld 

No additions or comments. Just keep rolling it over! I don’t want to have to remake my tv ever.  

Portals 

I like having the portals all available day 1 and having 8 portals. This really worked this rev. One note: people always seemed to struggle at first to find the spawn portal? Maybe just needed more signs. I don’t know, it was a giant glowy purple thing at the top of the hill. Sometimes people are blind. Or don’t look up.  

Iron Golem Spawners 

Cost of spawners seemed perfectly fair to me (even if it felt a bit tight with those All the Things requirements, oof). The individual upgrades were helpful to a sense of progress on the grinders; more frequent ‘rewards’, made upgrades feel more attainable. Regarding 1.14, I again assume next rev won’t be an update to it, considering all the problems faced with the major changes in 1.13 and the plug ins affected, so it’s not a huge rush, but I’d image it would be reasonable to keep this same system with the changes in iron golem spawning. If we want to stay closer to vanilla ‘rates of iron acquisition’, that would be something to discuss. Maybe less effective upgrades? 

Custom Spawners 

Custom spawners were A+ -- except the Enderman spawners. They just weren’t very efficient, and really woeful compared to past Enderman grinders. I know E-grinders are not the best exp systems anymore, but I’m nostalgic for a good Enderman grinder. And all the pearls.  

Also, witch spawners are ultimately pretty useless, but they’re fun! And the theming opportunities!~  

I love the custom drop system, and the modifications this rev. I feel like the rates were wonderful, with a small caveat I almost don’t want to mention: the Rum bottles from the custom Wither Skellies may have been too frequent a drop. I’m still waiting to see what, if any, new trades and traders we get this rev. Having them be decorations and non-functional prizes feels balanced.  

My suggestion for new custom when we do upgrade to 1.14, regardless of other theme of the rev, is infrequent ‘CujoCrack’ from bamboo. Or something nodding to our favourite Pandamin, in light of Pandas and Bamboo being added to the game.  

Custom Saddles 

They’re enjoyable. Keep them. I still want a bat, please. Mix of prizes and trades is good.  

Events 

All the events were fun. Next year perhaps before Easter there could be an egg designing competition, or just an open call for egg designs. Let players get involved! As much (grinding, soul dampening, heartbreaking) fun as All The Things was, I don’t think it should happen every rev, or even every other rev. It is a HUGE thing to accomplish and having it too frequently would remove the specialness of it.  

Unlocking spawn trades with collections, if it is going to happen that way, I’d like to be on a more regular schedule, as something to look forward to and work towards. 

Having higher level enchants I always feel has to be carefully considered to not be really game breaking or really too difficult to acquire.  Nerd has managed to do it right thus far.  

End of Rev 

I vote for server tour for end of rev. Freeze the map, let people explore it, and really see everything everyone has built. I know we can do that once it is archived and the world download made available, but that can take a decent while into the next rev, at which point everyone has moved on.  

Re: Melons are Tradition.

1.14 farmers can get down to 1 melon = 1 emerald. Armourers can sell all the diamond pieces (helm, chest, pants, boots) and toolsmiths/weaponsmiths can sell all the diamond tools now (hoe, spade, pick axe, axe, sword). The grindstone workstation can remove all enchants off items. So you can wipe away these villager bought diamond items and re-enchant as you want.

The only use for mining diamonds is if you want to build an enchanting table. Once you got 2 diamonds you are done for 1.14. The rest of diamond items from villagers.

So anyone can slap silk touch on an axe and hit spawn and farm the 200-300 melons in minutes to trade away to build out their diamond kits/tools all with mending on them to never have to replace them. Villagers are assigned directly. Easy enough to breed as many villagers as we want/need and assign them roles. Literally we could just put 200 farmers next to spawn - have enough produce farms to unlock them down to pumpkins/melons and 1-3 times a day they will reset trades and we get all the emeralds we need from melons at spawn at 1 for 1 to get any diamond whatever you want in game.

If Rev24 goes to 1.14 we need to consider this system being a tad too easy to exploit. Sometimes traditions need to change.

• Upvote 3

The Spawn Building
    Were exits from spawn laid out clearly?

Mostly. Some new players had issues with them though they followed the cardinal directions. Maybe 1 at least very very obvious route?
    Is there anything you would like to see done differently with Spawn in Rev 24?
        Nothing specific.

The Overworld
    Do you think that this map size (7kx7k) was good? Should it be bigger, smaller or similar?

Size was good.
    This rev we used vanilla map generation due to 1.13 offering new generation and biomes, and also due to custom terrain tools not being updated. Were you happy with the use of a vanilla seed? Would you like to see a return to custom terrain given the tools are updated?
        Vanilla was fine. Could try some vanilla customization for larger hills or something but anything is good. Every map has some interesting areas.
    Were any biomes lacking or too abundant this revision?
        No complaints.
    How did you find the distribution of ores this revision?
        Fine.

The Nether
    How did you feel about the custom generated map this revision? Would you like to see a custom nether again?

Liked it, and yes. Vanilla nether is too plain. I would be OK with roofed or not.
    How did you feel about the custom mobs this revision?
        They were good. Makes for fun hunting on nether platforms and accessible source of those resources for people who like to fight mobs.
    How was the distribution of quartz and glowstone?
        No complaints.
    Were the villagers with custom trades in the Nether a positive addition?
        They were an entertaining find but I don't think they were game changing. The accessible concrete powders in the nether/end were a better source of resources.

The End
    How did you feel about the custom generated End this rev? Any kind of generation you’d like to see?

I liked it though the ore density was a little too high. I liked the trade off of more ores but no custom drops, but it was a little too heavy on ores. I also miss the void. I think the ability to travel the end on ground is a plus without bridging constantly. Perhaps very large islands with the same customization (with ores, concrete, ice, etc)?
    How did you feel about having ores generated in the End that were plumped but didn’t have custom drops? How was the ore distribution?
        Good but a little high for the ores. The idea of having more ores and no drops is good though.
    Were the villagers with custom trades in the End a positive addition?
        They were an entertaining find but I don't think they were game changing. The accessible concrete powders in the nether/end were a better source of resources.

Dragon Fight
    How did you feel about bermuda’s NerdyDragon fight? Was it too easy/difficult/just right in your opinion?

I liked it. I'd like to see it change over time but don't have specific changes in mind. Maybe scaling with the players? Maybe alternative fights with a different reward? (Much harder fight gets you an egg?)
    Any other suggestions you’d like to share for the fight?
        Just the above ^
    Did you like having the leaderboard available for the dragon fights?
        Yes

Shulkers and other mobs
    Did you enjoy having free range shulkers instead of a shulker spawner?

Yes. They were available day 1 but took effort to get. They didn't become easy to get until platforms were made and armor / weapons were enchanted so they became "cheaper" over time. With a spawner they go from completely inaccessible to unlimited once the spawner is found.
    How did you feel about the other mobs that appeared in the end?
        A fun addition. Gives people who like mob fighting more to do.

Elytra
    How did you feel about the method of obtaining Elytra this revision? Was receiving it as a drop from the custom dragon fight enough effort for it?

Plenty of work. As much (or maybe more) work than the first elytra in vanilla (though the rest of the elytra are easier to get in vanilla).
    Do you have any other ideas you have for methods of obtaining Elytra?
        Nope. The predictible nature is good. You know exactly how much work is involved and you just have to go do it.

Mapworld
    Are there any additions you’d like to see in Mapworld next revision?

Nope. I don't think it should be made any easier or harder to build maps than it is. I like the carry over of maps between revs.

Portals
    Did you feel that the number and distribution of portals this rev was good? Do you prefer having all portals available from day 1 of the revision?

Distribution/count was fine. More would be OK too. All available day 1 is good.
    Do you have any ideas for how portals should be implemented next rev?
        As is works. Minimal changes if any.

Iron Golem Spawners
    Do you feel that the cost of an iron golem spawner was fair?

Yes
    How did you feel about being able to upgrade spawners individually as opposed to upgrading each spawner to the same level first?
        Gives players the option to only have 1 spawner. Good imo
    Perhaps something about keeping our system the same in 1.14 after iron golems spawning is nerfed in vanilla
        Keeping the same works for me.

Custom Spawners
    How do you feel about the inclusion of custom spawners in the map? Would you prefer to have, or not have them?

I am happy with them as they are. Without them ink would be very
    Which custom spawners do you think are particularly useful in a multiplayer setting, if any?
        Squid - May be able to farm wither rose flower in 1.14. Might be fine without it in 1.14 but not sure yet.
        Creeper - Would need to spend a ton of time in dark rooms without this which is harder to do in multiplayer. I would survive without it but I like having it available.
        Slime - Would be hard to get by in multiplayer without this.

How did you feel about the addition of drops from mobs, loot chests and sugarcane this revision? Would you like to see drops coming from other sources in the future?

I enjoyed them. I liked the large variety and would welcome more, but that also gets difficult to deal with when hunting/mining. Stackable drops are nice.
    How do you feel about the rates of custom drops dropping, too frequent or too rare?
        Rates were good. (see note about stacking above)
    Do you have any ideas for new ways to obtain custom drops?
        Hunting, Mining, finding is good. Maybe some way to make treasure maps valuable past the first couple weeks?
    How have the custom drop trades been so far this rev? Any kinds of trades you’d like to see in the future?
        Good. No specific changes in mind but minor changes are fine.

Custom Saddles
    Have you enjoyed the custom horse saddles available to trade this revision?

I like them. I don't buy many but they are a fun addition that changes nothing for players who don't want to get them.
    Would you like to see them return for next revision?
        Yes
    If so, do you prefer them as trade items, prizes, or some mixture of both?
        Both

Events
    Valentines Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter Egg Hunt, All the Things, Collections at Spawn

All good. Admin hunts, nitwits, others are good too.
    Are there any events you particularly enjoyed this revision so far?
        Egg hunt was fun. Made for a nice adventure around the map.
    Is there any event past or present that you’d like to see return in Revision 23?
        nitwits, etc
    Have you any new event ideas that you’d like to share?
        Server wide game of tag? Snowball fights?
    Do you enjoy having special items that you may not be able to get in vanilla as a prize for completing events? (Such as higher level enchanted items, custom skulls)
        I like them. High unbreaking is always a safe choice for enchants. Custom skulls are safe. Something OP is maybe OK at the end of a rev but makes sense to avoid them usually.
    Do you have any ideas for events you’d like to see in the future?
        Not currently.

End of Rev
    In the past there has been end of rev events such as ending the world in Chaos and a Zombie Apocalypse, would you like to see the return of something like this? Do you have any other ideas for how to celebrate the end of rev?

I usually spend the last days completing things / cleaning up. No major objection to end of rev events but I am also ok without them 🙂

The Spawn Building

• Were exits from spawn laid out clearly? [ Yes ]

• Is there anything you would like to see done differently with Spawn in Rev 24?  [ Nope just make it kewl! Love the secrets! ]

The Overworld

• Do you think that this map size (7kx7k) was good?  [ I Like the size ]

• This rev we used vanilla map generation due to 1.13 offering new generation and biomes, and also due to custom terrain tools not being updated. Were you happy with the use of a vanilla seed? Would you like to see a return to custom terrain given the tools are updated? [ Didn't have troubles with vanilla seems like a good mix of biomes ]

• Were any biomes lacking or too abundant this revision? [ Because was aquatic release maybe a 15% smaller ocean next rev ]

• How did you find the distribution of ores this revision? [ Heheh Loved it cause was good for Fireworks ]

The Nether

• How did you feel about the custom generated map this revision? Would you like to see a custom nether again? [ Yes ]

• How did you feel about the custom mobs this revision? [ Loved them ]

• How was the distribution of quartz and glowstone? [ Good Amount ]

• Were the villagers with custom trades in the Nether a positive addition? [ I didnt use much concrete other than like black and red so I didnt get to use them much ]

The End

This revision we had a custom generated End created by totemo. It featured different biomes (also designed to provide bulk mining of resources like the Nether) and custom structures with the idea that the End is a cold, dry place.

We also had a new version of the dragon fight created by bermudalocket. This fight included 4 phases of dragon and mob fighting goodness, with Elytra dropping from completing the fight.

Another change we implemented was having shulkers spawning across the end instead of having a shulker spawner.

• Generation:

• How did you feel about the custom generated End this rev? Any kind of generation you’d like to see? [ I liked that a lot of useful materials were found in both Nether and End. Made it so we didnt tear up the overworld and make it nasty looking. ]

• How did you feel about having ores generated in the End that were plumped but didn’t have custom drops? How was the ore distribution? [ I said it earlier was very helpful for fireworks so I liked it :) ]

• Were the villagers with custom trades in the End a positive addition? [ Same as above I didnt use them much. ]

• Dragon Fight

• How did you feel about bermuda’s NerdyDragon fight? Was it too easy/difficult/just right in your opinion? [ Love it. Was very fun. ]

• Any other suggestions you’d like to share for the fight? [ Nope ]

• Did you like having the leaderboard available for the dragon fights? [ Yeah added to the fun ]

• Did you enjoy having free range shulkers instead of a shulker spawner? [ I liked the hunt ]

• How did you feel about the other mobs that appeared in the end? [ They were an added bonus of danger that I liked ]

Elytra

After feedback last rev we decided to have the Elytra be obtainable as a drop from the custom dragon fight.

• How did you feel about the method of obtaining Elytra this revision? Was receiving it as a drop from the custom dragon fight enough effort for it? [ Perfect ]

• Do you have any other ideas you have for methods of obtaining Elytra? [ Maybe like a mini collection trade for Elytra for single players or people new to the server ]

Mapworld

• Are there any additions you’d like to see in Mapworld next revision? [ I would say Print (When there is a schematica) only in map world but I know that cant happen. Some maps take too long to make  ]

Portals

• Did you feel that the number and distribution of portals this rev was good? Do you prefer having all portals available from day 1 of the revision? [ Yes and Yes ]

• Do you have any ideas for how portals should be implemented next rev? [ Nope ]

Iron Golem Spawners

Iron Golem Spawner costs remained the same this revision, except you were able to upgrade to a new level individually instead of needing to upgrade all 4 spawners to the same level first.

• Do you feel that the cost of an iron golem spawner was fair? [ Yes ]

• How did you feel about being able to upgrade spawners individually as opposed to upgrading each spawner to the same level first? [ Makes production faster so I like it ]

• Perhaps something about keeping our system the same in 1.14 after iron golems spawning is nerfed in vanilla [ Yes if we can keep it the same ]

Custom Spawners

This revision we had a Creeper, Squid and Slime spawner, all available to be found from the first day of the revision.

• How do you feel about the inclusion of custom spawners in the map? Would you prefer to have, or not have them? [ Yes have them!!! We need them for firework show. ]

• Which custom spawners do you think are particularly useful in a multiplayer setting, if any? [ The 3 that were custom this rev and if people didnt like the end this rev then I would add shulker ]

This revision we continued the use of custom drops from ores, but also expanded on the methods of obtaining them to include dropping from some mobs, in loot chests, rewards from events and new blocks (sugarcane)

• How did you feel about the addition of drops from mobs, loot chests and sugarcane this revision? Would you like to see drops coming from other sources in the future? [ No I am ok with how it is now. ]

• How do you feel about the rates of custom drops dropping, too frequent or too rare? [ Just Right ]

• Do you have any ideas for new ways to obtain custom drops? [ Nope ]

• How have the custom drop trades been so far this rev? Any kinds of trades you’d like to see in the future? [ They are always good I love the Fortune V tools, Infinity + Mending Bows are awesome ]

Custom Saddles

• Have you enjoyed the custom horse saddles available to trade this revision? [ Yes they are a added bonus ]

• Would you like to see them return for next revision? [ Yes ]

• If so, do you prefer them as trade items, prizes, or some mixture of both? [ Mixture ]

Events

• Valentines Day [ Loved ]

• St. Patrick’s Day [ So much fun every year ]

• Easter Egg Hunt [ Fun group activity ]

• All the Things [ Hard but challenging ]

• Collections at Spawn (gathering materials to unlock spawn trades) [ Server wide challenges are kewl maybe more of these ]

• Are there any events you particularly enjoyed this revision so far? [ Like the St Patricks Event ]

• Is there any event past or present that you’d like to see return in Revision 23? [ The ones I like we still do ]

• Have you any new event ideas that you’d like to share? [ Not at the moment ]

• Do you enjoy having special items that you may not be able to get in vanilla as a prize for completing events? (Such as higher level enchanted items, custom skulls) [ Custom heads are good for awards and also fireworks :) ]

• Do you have any ideas for events you’d like to see in the future? [ At this time I dont ]

End of Rev

In the past there has been end of rev events such as ending the world in Chaos and a Zombie Apocalypse, would you like to see the return of something like this? Do you have any other ideas for how to celebrate the end of rev?

The Spawn Building

• Were exits from spawn laid out clearly? -  As a notoriously lost player who can wander around a square room for ages I had no trouble finding my way in and out of spawn

• Is there anything you would like to see done differently with Spawn in Rev 24? -   I love the themes every rev , it sets the mood for the rev, I love the secrets and hope you keep and expand of them, I dont mind the melons but I've seen there is some debate of this so maybe a clickable welcome to the rev sign that everyone would get ONE stack of melon  and could never get another free stack of food like was done for the Easter egg challenge, 1 egg per person no matter how many times I clicked I mean you clicked. 😉

The Overworld

• Do you think that this map size (7kx7k) was good? Should it be bigger, smaller or similar? - I liked the size

• This rev we used vanilla map generation due to 1.13 offering new generation and biomes, and also due to custom terrain tools not being updated. Were you happy with the use of a vanilla seed? Would you like to see a return to custom terrain given the tools are updated?-  I was happy with the vanilla but I have always enjoyed the custom terrains as well - so maybe a combination if possible like when Alice fell down the rabbit hole and found herself in wonderland, random custom areas could be cool .

• Were any biomes lacking or too abundant this revision? I have no issues 

• How did you find the distribution of ores this revision? They were fine 

The Nether

• How did you feel about the custom generated map this revision?     Would you like to see a custom nether again? Always prefer Custom Nether- The Vanilla nether is plain and boring and a place i usually avoid.

• How did you feel about the custom mobs this revision? They were cool except the bilge rats i hate those ankle biting MF'ers lol

• How was the distribution of quartz and glowstone? It was good and plentiful

• Were the villagers with custom trades in the Nether a positive addition? Although i didn't use them I think they were an interesting addition to the nether. 

The End

• Generation:

• How did you feel about the custom generated End this rev? Any kind of generation you’d like to see? I love, love, love, did i mention love, the end this rev. The ores were awesome ,the resources so accessible. I never visit the end until this rev and i have practically lived there. With such abundant resources i didn't have to pillage the overworld.

• How did you feel about having ores generated in the End that were plumped but didn’t have custom drops? How was the ore distribution? Don't know if I mentioned it but I loved it 🙂 i didnt mind there were no custom drops save that for the overworld. 

• Were the villagers with custom trades in the End a positive addition? I didn't use them but they were fun to find and as with the nether an interesting addition.

• Dragon Fight

• How did you feel about bermuda’s NerdyDragon fight? Was it too easy/difficult/just right in your opinion? 

I liked it as for me I would NEVER fight the dragon alone, this would not end well but working with a team i found it fun and exciting I even did damage to the dragon !

• Any other suggestions you’d like to share for the fight?, Not at this time

• Did you like having the leaderboard available for the dragon fights? Yes was cool although i was always in the lower % I liked seeing my name

• Did you enjoy having free range shulkers instead of a shulker spawner? heh ,  yes but if any looked before the platform was ready you would have saw ice sneaking around with a pumpkin head on hunting since shulkers seem to always have their ender buddies near. 

• How did you feel about the other mobs that appeared in the end? It made it fun and made me feel like a bad ass and i think enderman were happier with friends and not as lonesome lol.

Elytra

• How did you feel about the method of obtaining Elytra this revision? Was receiving it as a drop from the custom dragon fight enough effort for it? I liked it and was work to get it, but whats worth having is always worth the work 

• Do you have any other ideas you have for methods of obtaining Elytra? None at this time just keep it as a drop 

Mapworld

• Are there any additions you’d like to see in Mapworld next revision? Just keep the roll over to much work go into these to be lost

Portals

• Did you feel that the number and distribution of portals this rev was good? Do you prefer having all portals available from day 1 of the revision? I like they are available to find day one , it sends all to the literal 4 corners of the map to find. 8 seems fine to me

• Do you have any ideas for how portals should be implemented next rev? Keep it the same works for me

Iron Golem Spawners

• Do you feel that the cost of an iron golem spawner was fair? Yes

• How did you feel about being able to upgrade spawners individually as opposed to upgrading each spawner to the same level first? This works well i think.

• Perhaps something about keeping our system the same in 1.14 after iron golems spawning is nerfed in vanilla Seems like a good idea

Custom Spawners

• How do you feel about the inclusion of custom spawners in the map? Would you prefer to have, or not have them? I like them and these are needed ( I may be biased as i need so much gun powder)

• Which custom spawners do you think are particularly useful in a multiplayer setting, if any? The 3 we have now vital i think. ink and slime would be very hard to obtain without and would be redundant for me to mention the creeper spawner WE all know how i feel on that. oh wait a lapis spawner? Wouldnt that be pretty??? ( don't kick me i bruise easily)

• How did you feel about the addition of drops from mobs, loot chests and sugarcane this revision? Would you like to see drops coming from other sources in the future? I love the ore drops , mining is so boring it brings a cool element to a necessary part of this game. I'd rather find these drops in chest rather that seeds and string lol and i loved when gathering sand to have salt drop made me giggle out loud for some reason. 

• How do you feel about the rates of custom drops dropping, too frequent or too rare? It's pretty fair IMO

• Do you have any ideas for new ways to obtain custom drops? The ways we are utilizing are good

• How have the custom drop trades been so far this rev? Any kinds of trades you’d like to see in the future? It's worked well 

Custom Saddles

• Have you enjoyed the custom horse saddles available to trade this revision? I think they are cool and bring a fun element to the game

• Would you like to see them return for next revision? Yes

• If so, do you prefer them as trade items, prizes, or some mixture of both? Mixture

Events

• Valentines Day Loved

• St. Patrick’s Day Always been a favorite. " Kiss me I'm Irish " 🙂

• Easter Egg Hunt Loved

• All the Things  After much cussing and crying ( Sassy not me)  i got to punch bunnies , I was happy. But after all of the mind numbing work it was fun and we were all giddy from the accomplishment!  But I agree with others should not be every rev, let the horror diminish and the memory fade then BOOM like a McRib its back and we've forgotten the bad and we \o/ 

• Collections at Spawn (gathering materials to unlock spawn trades) I had no problems with this concept.

• Are there any events you particularly enjoyed this revision so far? The egg hunt was fun and I loved seeing the map

• Is there any event past or present that you’d like to see return in Revision 23? NITWITS !!!!! and more admin hunts

• Have you any new event ideas that you’d like to share? I saw Tag mentioned and that would be cool, tic and i play that on our planning account sometimes is alot of fun - Maybe a take of dodge ball using tridents ( again something tic and i do on our planning account and i enjoy striking him down "BOOM" )

• Do you enjoy having special items that you may not be able to get in vanilla as a prize for completing events? (Such as higher level enchanted items, custom skulls) Yes ! 

• Do you have any ideas for events you’d like to see in the future? I am always open to new events  but i have no ideas other than what ive already mentioned.

End of Rev

Do you have any other ideas for how to celebrate the end of rev? It Hurts to see my hard work Burned to the ground lol, but im ok with any decision, ice's ptsd should not influence you in any way 🙂

Edited by I_c_e_

The Spawn Building

• Were exits from spawn laid out clearly? I found things clear enough at spawn, but noticed a lot of people were confused, likely by both the size of spawn and the positioning of exits through caves and the nether portal up on the ridge.

• Is there anything you would like to see done differently with Spawn in Rev 24? More compact sized spawn, with more viable land nearby for settlers.

The Overworld

• Do you think that this map size (7kx7k) was good? Should it be bigger, smaller or similar? I like the current size.

• This rev we used vanilla map generation due to 1.13 offering new generation and biomes, and also due to custom terrain tools not being updated. Were you happy with the use of a vanilla seed? Would you like to see a return to custom terrain given the tools are updated? Custom terrain yes!

• Were any biomes lacking or too abundant this revision? Biomes seemed pretty well balanced.

• How did you find the distribution of ores this revision? Overworld ore distribution was good.

The Nether

• How did you feel about the custom generated map this revision? Would you like to see a custom nether again? I enjoyed it, +1 for a custom nether again. I'd like to see more massively cavernous areas in the nether if possible, like in certain sections of the custom nether map a couple of revs ago.

• How did you feel about the custom mobs this revision? They actually added a measure of danger to the nether, good stuff.

• How was the distribution of quartz and glowstone? Both were fine. Glowstone was only in trees, yes? As an aside, with widely available glowstone in the nether, we should remove glowstone from the overworld ore generation.

• Were the villagers with custom trades in the Nether a positive addition? I didn't really use these much, but it was a neat touch.

The End

• Generation:

• How did you feel about the custom generated End this rev? Any kind of generation you’d like to see? Overall, I liked it. If possible, maximally weird terrain generation would be great.

• How did you feel about having ores generated in the End that were plumped but didn’t have custom drops? How was the ore distribution? I like the idea of plumped ores w/o custom drops in the end, but they were far too common. Perhaps halve the ore generation frequency.

• Were the villagers with custom trades in the End a positive addition? Like the nether trades, I didn't really use them, but they were neat.

• Dragon Fight

• How did you feel about bermuda’s NerdyDragon fight? Was it too easy/difficult/just right in your opinion? I love the custom dragon fight, it's nearly just right in terms of difficulty.

• Any other suggestions you’d like to share for the fight? I'd recommend revamping the first stage to add more interactivity - currently it's mostly a waiting game with the occasional dragon boop. It also might be neat to have higher difficulty variants on the dragon fight just for fun, like bonus wither(s) or something, but it's not really necessary given how fun and nicely balanced the custom dragon fight is.

• Did you like having the leaderboard available for the dragon fights? Yes.

• Did you enjoy having free range shulkers instead of a shulker spawner? Yes, roaming monsters are superior to their factory farmed counterparts.

• How did you feel about the other mobs that appeared in the end? They could have used some more flair in the vein of the custom nether mobs. Still, a huge improvement over the vanilla end.

Elytra

• How did you feel about the method of obtaining Elytra this revision? Was receiving it as a drop from the custom dragon fight enough effort for it? It was fine.

• Do you have any other ideas you have for methods of obtaining Elytra? Nope.

Mapworld

• Are there any additions you’d like to see in Mapworld next revision? Nope.

Portals

• Did you feel that the number and distribution of portals this rev was good? Do you prefer having all portals available from day 1 of the revision? Yes. Yes.

• Do you have any ideas for how portals should be implemented next rev? Nope.

Iron Golem Spawners

• Do you feel that the cost of an iron golem spawner was fair? Yes.

• How did you feel about being able to upgrade spawners individually as opposed to upgrading each spawner to the same level first? Good.

• Perhaps something about keeping our system the same in 1.14 after iron golems spawning is nerfed in vanilla I haven't looked much at 1.14 mechanics, so I'll defer to those with more expertise in the matter.

Custom Spawners

• How do you feel about the inclusion of custom spawners in the map? Would you prefer to have, or not have them? Custom spawners should only be included when they fix an issue with access to said mob relative to single player. In particular, squid have historically had issues spawning in the ocean in any respectable number due to mob cap shenanigans. I don't think that creeper and slime spawners are necessary - the former spawn all over the world and the latter can be acquired via slime chunk grinders. Both of these are in lower volume than the custom spawners, but still a decent amount and roughly on par with single player.

• Which custom spawners do you think are particularly useful in a multiplayer setting, if any? See above. They're all useful, perhaps to an excessive degree. The creeper spawner in particular essentially subsidizes elytra travel - perhaps if you had to hunt down free-range creepers to get rocket fuel, flight wouldn't be as overpowered compared to other means of transportation. If kept, the spawn rates should probably be reduced.

• How did you feel about the addition of drops from mobs, loot chests and sugarcane this revision? Would you like to see drops coming from other sources in the future? Good. Yes.

• How do you feel about the rates of custom drops dropping, too frequent or too rare? Good.

• Do you have any ideas for new ways to obtain custom drops? Nope.

• How have the custom drop trades been so far this rev? Any kinds of trades you’d like to see in the future? Good. Nothing in particular.

Custom Saddles

• Have you enjoyed the custom horse saddles available to trade this revision? Yes.

• Would you like to see them return for next revision? Yes.

• If so, do you prefer them as trade items, prizes, or some mixture of both? Trade items; this allows better availability to those unable to make it to events e.g. admin hunts.

Events

• Valentines Day

• St. Patrick’s Day

• Easter Egg Hunt

• All the Things

• Are there any events you particularly enjoyed this revision so far? Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day were nice. Collections at Spawn was a good idea.

• Is there any event past or present that you’d like to see return in Revision 23? EXCALIBUR QUEST

• Do you enjoy having special items that you may not be able to get in vanilla as a prize for completing events? (Such as higher level enchanted items, custom skulls) Yes.

End of Rev

In the past there has been end of rev events such as ending the world in Chaos and a Zombie Apocalypse, would you like to see the return of something like this? Do you have any other ideas for how to celebrate the end of rev? Yes.

I've nothing really new to add: I love nerd.nu; I love p; I just wish I had more time / was better organised so that I spent more time on it.  Moreover, I trust the staff to keep the traditions going.

I do have two things to suggest though:

1. my periodic, probably-no-one-will-ever-agree-to-it suggestion about dramatically restricting the number of nether portals to encourage trade and overworld infrastructure building
  2. is there any possibility, at all, of the new rev allowing for the (restricted, sensible) use of TNT?  Assuming the new rev is going to be 1.14.x of course, but 1.14.x explosion mechanics allow for 100% droppage of blown-up blocks - there's now more potential for mining, clearing terrain and whatnot

That's it, I think! 😄

2 hours ago, WyndySascha said:

I've nothing really new to add: I love nerd.nu; I love p; I just wish I had more time / was better organised so that I spent more time on it.  Moreover, I trust the staff to keep the traditions going.

I do have two things to suggest though:

1. my periodic, probably-no-one-will-ever-agree-to-it suggestion about dramatically restricting the number of nether portals to encourage trade and overworld infrastructure building
  2. is there any possibility, at all, of the new rev allowing for the (restricted, sensible) use of TNT?  Assuming the new rev is going to be 1.14.x of course, but 1.14.x explosion mechanics allow for 100% droppage of blown-up blocks - there's now more potential for mining, clearing terrain and whatnot

That's it, I think! 😄

The exact same sentiment and confidence in staff from me, and I agree with 2., especially in PVP arenas.

However I'm still interested in finding out what happens with a higher density of portals. Judging by the past players will still want overworld transport.

The Spawn Building

* It is a very thematic and detailed build.  I think the exits were marked well but maybe needed some exploration to find them (eg. boardwalks led to exits but perhaps it was not as easy to tell that they led to exits?  Then again I didn't spawn in at the right place at the start of this rev and I swam out the bay instead ._.).

The Overworld

* The map size felt big even with a smaller map.  I think it was a good size.

* I appreciate the vanilla terrain.  Even without custom terrain there were some cool places to explore.  It makes me wonder what kind of custom terrain can be delivered with the new 1.13 terrain.

The Nether

* Custom nether was great.  Terrain was treacherous, keeping in spirit with vanilla Nether, while variation in the biomes was good and addition of more resource blocks was a welcome addition.

* Good lineup of custom mobs in the Nether.  There are many mobs that carry exotic items and are easily identified; fighting them was exciting and potentially rewarding.

The End

* I really wished the End had void drops like the vanilla one did.  To me that was what makes the End stand out from the overworld, and why I think this End strayed from the original spirit of the End.  The inclusion of other blocks (clay, concrete powder, etc.) in the terrain was a nice addition though.  Having sponge there also helps with sponge distribution among players, which is nice.
* In light of the same preserving-old-End-characteristics, the End could perhaps use better Enderman spawning too (spawner based grinder is noticeably slow compared to the previous natural spawns).  The custom spawns, while frustrating for Enderman spawns, were pretty decent too, though I felt the Nether's custom mobs were more interesting.

* The dragon fight is quite fun after mastering it.  It is more difficult than the previous iteration from last rev, but I find it is balanced by a potentially greater reward.  Besides getting the usual dragon head and elytra, there were opportunities to get other ordinarily-harder-to-obtain items such as admin heads and totems of undying in exchange for time spent collecting them during the fight, which I appreciate.  There were a few features I didn't enjoy as much (getting damaged on hitting the dragon, the time gate on stage 1) but it was overall still fun.  The leaderboard was pretty nice too - I think another good addition to that, if possible, would be a way to call up your own best times.

* Free range shulkers were fun too, and the guaranteed one shell drop really helped.  A lucky run in the End this rev I think would have beaten previous rev's shulker spawners in terms of collection rate.  Part of me wonders if this is also straying from original spirit of the End (to have them spawn in the End and drop shells like that), but it definitely felt nicer to fight them rather than sit in a grinder and hit them through a wall.

Elytra

* I enjoyed elytra being available as a drop from the dragon fight.  It's a deterministic method and is part of what makes the dragon fight satisfying in my opinion.  

Portals

* Current distribution feels pretty good.

Custom Spawners

* This rev's set was a good lineup.  I admittedly really appreciated the squid spawner as a deterministic source of ink sacs after discovering that most of the spawns around me in the ocean were tropical fish rather than squid.

Custom Drops

* I liked the custom drops as well as how they dropped from other sources other than just mining.  It would be cool to see them come from other actions in Minecraft perhaps (eg. random pop out of a furnace when taking things out by hand? chance to fish one up? maybe can add a check for if the player has attempted to use something while the bobber is out to prevent farming with autofishers).

Events

* Easter Egg hunt was a really good event 😄

* NITWITS should make a return 😮

* Not-vanilla-obtainable prizes are great.

The Spawn Building

• As much as I liked this spawn, it would be a good idea to make it smaller for those who want to get out quickly. We could still add plenty of secrets by building up/down rather than out!

The Overworld

• I think this map size worked well.

• Having vanilla terrain wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. By the time that custom terrain tools are updated, we should have had enough of a taste of vanilla for more people to want to go back to custom terrain.🍦

• Distribution of biomes and ores was good.

The Nether

• I loved the custom nether this rev! Plenty of resources available for builders.

• I like having custom mobs, but it would be nice for their unique drops to have unique names (i.e. the Punch V bow from Jumbees should be called Jumbee Bow or Jumbow or whatever)

• Custom villagers are always a nice addition.

The End

• Generation:

• I liked the end for the same reasons as the Nether, but it would be nice to have custom terrain on islands to make it more similar to the vanilla end.

• Dragon Fight

• The dragon fight this rev is great!

• Having free range shulkers ended up working fine compared to having a shulker spawner.

• The only issue with having additional mobs in the End is that it prevents us with having traditional end grinders. Maybe increase the spawn rate of enderman spawners?

Elytra

• No complaints with this.

Mapworld

• As long as we keep old maps around, I'm good.

Portals

• Good number of portals, I'm fine with having them available from day 1.

Iron Golem Spawners

• I think we should keep golem spawners the way they are, maybe require players to obtain beds and workspaces in addtion to what's required for them now to make it similar to requirements for vanilla golem farms.

Custom Spawners

• No complaints with the spawners we had!

• I like the custom drops. Having items drop from other sources would depend on the theme of the rev.

Custom Saddles

• I like having a mix of trades and rewards to get custom saddles.

Events

• I'd love to see something similar to the Knight's Quests from Rev 21 return (mini dungeons spread across the map with various challenges)!

End of Rev

• I'm fine with any sort of event at the end of the rev as long as we have some way to celebrate!

Edit: forgot to add something. If the padmins have the time, I think it would be cool to bring back periodic blog posts over the course of the rev showcasing different builds, events, and player stats!

Edited by King_of_queso
Forgot something :D

The Spawn Building

• Were exits from spawn laid out clearly?

• Is there anything you would like to see done differently with Spawn in Rev 24?

Spawn was very pretty this rev, but it did seem that a lot of new users were confused by being underwater and had trouble locating the portal.

The Overworld

• Do you think that this map size (7kx7k) was good? Should it be bigger, smaller or similar?

• This rev we used vanilla map generation due to 1.13 offering new generation and biomes, and also due to custom terrain tools not being updated. Were you happy with the use of a vanilla seed? Would you like to see a return to custom terrain given the tools are updated?

• Were any biomes lacking or too abundant this revision?

• How did you find the distribution of ores this revision?

The map size and ore distribution were fine

The Nether

• How did you feel about the custom generated map this revision? Would you like to see a custom nether again?

• How did you feel about the custom mobs this revision?

• How was the distribution of quartz and glowstone?

• Were the villagers with custom trades in the Nether a positive addition?

This revisions nether was different, having a place to farm concrete was quite nice. I don't particularly care for the custom mobs however, nether mob spawning is already broken with mojangs spawn mechanics, adding overworld mobs to the nether just makes it worse.

The End

• Generation:

• How did you feel about the custom generated End this rev? Any kind of generation you’d like to see?

• How did you feel about having ores generated in the End that were plumped but didn’t have custom drops? How was the ore distribution?

• Were the villagers with custom trades in the End a positive addition?

• Dragon Fight

• Any other suggestions you’d like to share for the fight?

• Did you like having the leaderboard available for the dragon fights?

• Did you enjoy having free range shulkers instead of a shulker spawner?

• How did you feel about the other mobs that appeared in the end?

The custom generation in the end, like the nether, was interesting. However i felt it made the world feel more like a resource dump than an actual challenge. The same mob-spawning mechanics that effect the nether also effect the end, and with the increased landscape for them to spawn on and the fact that people were building things in the end  made hunting shulkers quite difficult unless you were on at odd times of the day.

Bermudas dragon fight is incredible. A+ really.

Elytra

• How did you feel about the method of obtaining Elytra this revision? Was receiving it as a drop from the custom dragon fight enough effort for it?

• Do you have any other ideas you have for methods of obtaining Elytra?

Until recently my internet has not supported elytra flight. I've no comments here

Mapworld

• Are there any additions you’d like to see in Mapworld next revision?

My thoughts on mapworld have not changed since we implemented it.

Portals

• Did you feel that the number and distribution of portals this rev was good? Do you prefer having all portals available from day 1 of the revision?

• Do you have any ideas for how portals should be implemented next rev?

Portals seem to work fine as they are

Iron Golem Spawners

• Do you feel that the cost of an iron golem spawner was fair?

• How did you feel about being able to upgrade spawners individually as opposed to upgrading each spawner to the same level first?

• Perhaps something about keeping our system the same in 1.14 after iron golems spawning is nerfed in vanilla

Golem spawners seem to work fine

Custom Spawners

• How do you feel about the inclusion of custom spawners in the map? Would you prefer to have, or not have them?

• Which custom spawners do you think are particularly useful in a multiplayer setting, if any?

I agree with others who have commented that custom spawners should only be implemented to fill a distinct gap in server spawning. Squid and slime for example since they are pretty hard to find spawning naturally due to server shenanigans, and shulkers until the end spawn mechanics can be fixed.

• How did you feel about the addition of drops from mobs, loot chests and sugarcane this revision? Would you like to see drops coming from other sources in the future?

• How do you feel about the rates of custom drops dropping, too frequent or too rare?

• How have the custom drop trades been so far this rev? Any kinds of trades you’d like to see in the future?

I have chests full of them, they don't really interest me.

Custom Saddles

• Have you enjoyed the custom horse saddles available to trade this revision?

• Would you like to see them return for next revision?

• If so, do you prefer them as trade items, prizes, or some mixture of both?

They don't interest me, so no comments.

Events

• Valentines Day

• St. Patrick’s Day

• Easter Egg Hunt

• All the Things

• Is there any event past or present that you’d like to see return in Revision 23?

• Do you enjoy having special items that you may not be able to get in vanilla as a prize for completing events? (Such as higher level enchanted items, custom skulls)

Some players seem to enjoy the collection challenge, so that's a positive. Personally I'd like to see more events that allow for mechanics that aren't normally part of the PvE gameplay - Admin hunts, PvP arenas, or custom mob fights. Those always seem to go over very well with people, and would be a great way to interact more with the community

End of Rev

Nightoak seems to cover end-of-rev just fine. If players are planning an end-of-rev event I think that would be better than a pre-made one

Additional Comments

Suggestion box: I think it would be beneficial to the community to respond to this a bit more frequently, waiting months between checking it doesn't give much time to implement anything requested.

Dragon death noise: I will again request that you implement the command to allow users to ignore the dragon noise on death. With the amount of dragon farming that goes on (for elytra or dragons breath) the noise is often deafening. Your previous response directing users to modify their resource packs to do this is quite unfair and inconsistent considering you've allowed the /hud command to be used (which can be done client-side via minimap or HUD mods), and the /ignore command (which can be done via Tabbychat when its updated to the proper MC versions).

Thank you for all the responses so far!

Keep them coming.

I just wanting to take a moment to touch on a few of the comments above. 

• We hear you about the melons. Melons have long been a tradition for starter food, and I know in past revs players have chosen to leave spawn without food. We have a few ideas for how to find a good balance to handle the need to not let players get frustrated by the lack of food on launch night, yet not be exploitable in the long term.
  • End and Nether have always been difficult in finding a balance of making it worthwhile to explore, as dangerous as they should be and yet make it actually usable for a multiplayer server. It sounds like we hit and miss on a few things, and will continue to tinker a bit with those worlds. 
  • It sounds like overall you were happy with the need to go out and hunt shulkers rather then stand idle (or have a bot stand idle) at a grinder. And custom mobs seem to be a hit. Some of our mobs did not work out as planned (those dang spiders in the nether never threw their gren-eggs) and some couldn't hold their liquor (rum drop rate was too high) But in all custom mobs that add a bit of danger seems to be good thing.
  • Phantoms are still the most hated thing on the server. Notes taken. I don't see that it is necessary to remove them completely from the game (some players even enjoy the fight) but it seems most would like a reduction in the way they spawn and we have heard you.
  • We felt that we were able to keep the spawn area mostly lag free this rev, but having a more condensed spawn with clearer exits and a more obvious nether portal are in the works.
  • After a few revs with an increased number of custom spawners, we reduced the overworld custom spawners to 3, removed the nether spawners, and added a few to the End. The enderman spawner, which we thought would help mitigate the other mobs being added to the end, remained slow and not effective enough for some players. Some believe that the number of custom spawners should be reduced even more.
  • It sounds like most players are happy with the current cost of iron golem spawners, there was a suggestion to change the cost to include some of the new workstations for iron golem spawners when we move to 1.14. 
  • There was a mention of TNT being able to be used in a players' regions since 1.14 does give 100% drops.  While we see where this would be helpful, it would need a complete overhaul of the region policy on PvE. I'm not stating its a bad idea, but as we use regions now (as a protection from grief on completed builds) our current thoughts are: 1. Would we then be expected to protect underground resources that would allow only certain players to mine for resources there?  B. Would we be expected to protect large undeveloped overground areas to allow players to use the dynamite to terraform the land.  In both cases, in the past, we have not granted region protection. 
  • Regarding blog posts and suggestion box. I have heard that the new website has a place where we will be able to blog about PvE and hopefully we can find a rhythm to keep up to date on those.  For the suggestion-box,  it was a struggle this rev to keep up and quickly fell behind. Then I had not realized how the box worked and had deleted some I had not copy and pasted into a doc.   I had asked techs at one point if there could be a re-write, a way we could be notified at every log in if there was a suggestion that needed a response rather than trying to remember to periodically check it. Other things came up and it did not happen.

~the padmins

On 6/9/2019 at 10:01 PM, WyndySascha said:

is there any possibility, at all, of the new rev allowing for the (restricted, sensible) use of TNT?  Assuming the new rev is going to be 1.14.x of course, but 1.14.x explosion mechanics allow for 100% droppage of blown-up blocks - there's now more potential for mining, clearing terrain and whatnot 

I think it would be technically feasible to develop something for 1.14 that allows TNT outside WorldGuard regions, but disallows TNT damage to player-placed blocks, villagers, passive mobs, named hostile mobs and hangings. That is, protections over and above what WorldGuard offers. We already have BlockStore, which knows whether a block was placed by a player and could be used in the implementation. For the protection of structures built on top of natural terrain, e.g. rails on original stone, it might be prudent to make TNT fizzle when the list of blocks affected by the explosion includes player placed blocks (indicating proximity to a build).

The above would not be foolproof but might be low-enough risk to try.

The Spawn Building

• Were exits from spawn laid out clearly?  I think they could have been more obvious, the lack of a southern exit was confusing and lack of roads/paths going right up to the edge of protections hampered development and access from the west side.

• Is there anything you would like to see done differently with Spawn in Rev 24? Smaller. I thought the island was neat, definitely pretty but way too big for spawn.  Anything larger than a single building (or spaceship) really takes away from the player-built aspect of the server.

The Overworld

• Do you think that this map size (7kx7k) was good? Should it be bigger, smaller or similar? I think we can go smaller, maybe 5x5

• This rev we used vanilla map generation due to 1.13 offering new generation and biomes, and also due to custom terrain tools not being updated. Were you happy with the use of a vanilla seed? Would you like to see a return to custom terrain given the tools are updated? I thought the overworld was fine - I miss the custom dungeons we get with the custom terrain tool, and it would be nice to have some wild terrain in the future, but not until the tools are working correctly

• Were any biomes lacking or too abundant this revision? Not that I noticed

• How did you find the distribution of ores this revision? Not enough of <insert what i needed at the time> immediately at the surface of <whereever i was looking>. Please eliminate stone, just make all ore. 😉 (seemed fine btw)

The Nether

• How did you feel about the custom generated map this revision? Would you like to see a custom nether again? I dig the custom nether.

• How did you feel about the custom mobs this revision? Jumbee and the Bilge rats can go f.. er.. find another world to live in. Others were fine though.

• How was the distribution of quartz and glowstone? Would have liked to see more quartz.

• Were the villagers with custom trades in the Nether a positive addition? Yes, the outposts were neat.

The End

• Generation:

• How did you feel about the custom generated End this rev? Any kind of generation you’d like to see? It was neat, but I would really like to see it restricted to the outer islands and return to a central End island with the portals actually useful and only unlocking as the dragon gets defeated per vanilla.  Outside that 1000 or so mark i think the custom gen would be awesome though.  The end needs empty "space."

• How did you feel about having ores generated in the End that were plumped but didn’t have custom drops? How was the ore distribution? didn't really go mining in the end

• Were the villagers with custom trades in the End a positive addition?  Yes, the outposts were neat.

• Dragon Fight

• How did you feel about bermuda’s NerdyDragon fight? Was it too easy/difficult/just right in your opinion? thought it was a welcome addition to the server

• Any other suggestions you’d like to share for the fight? EDIT: yes, i think there should be a way to cause another Egg drop, maybe based on harder circumstances or something - either that or the egg should go on display at spawn once the first dragon has been beat, along with a time/mention of all involved in the fight.  The last several revs the egg has been hoarded away off public display (or if it is, it's location kept secret) and frankly that's not right for a unique item on a server, particularly one where those initial fights are group efforts.

• Did you like having the leaderboard available for the dragon fights? yes

• Did you enjoy having free range shulkers instead of a shulker spawner?  seemed ok, per concern above though, they'd  need to only spawn out in the island area

• How did you feel about the other mobs that appeared in the end? the decision to use an enderman spawner instead of normal mechanics i felt was a poor substitute to vanilla mechanics, partially forced by the lack of "space" (see above) - spawn rates were abysmal and they were largely useless as sources of pearls and especially XP.  I'd like to see some sort of mix terrain wise in the future.

Elytra

• Do you have any other ideas you have for methods of obtaining Elytra? the only suggestion i'd have here above and beyond what we did last rev is possibly make it a drop for all players with X percentage of damage in a given fight instead of just 1 per dragon.

Mapworld

• Are there any additions you’d like to see in Mapworld next revision? seems to be working great for last few revs

Portals

• Did you feel that the number and distribution of portals this rev was good? Do you prefer having all portals available from day 1 of the revision? yes, keep them all available from day 1, save maybe the possibility of granting a "bonus portal" as an event reward at some point during the rev.

• Do you have any ideas for how portals should be implemented next rev? we should probably validate their distribution by messaging robr the coordinates of all portals,along with biome samples prior to the rev start, just to be sure and everything..

Iron Golem Spawners

• Do you feel that the cost of an iron golem spawner was fair? yes

• How did you feel about being able to upgrade spawners individually as opposed to upgrading each spawner to the same level first? thumbs up

• Perhaps something about keeping our system the same in 1.14 after iron golems spawning is nerfed in vanilla:  I've seen working designs of iron grinders in 1.14 that rely on the villager pod method, so we should plan on keeping in a system similar to what we have, maybe change up the requirements to accomodate things like profession tables etc

Custom Spawners

• How do you feel about the inclusion of custom spawners in the map? Would you prefer to have, or not have them? yes have them. bring back the witch because they're fun to murder.

• How have the custom drop trades been so far this rev? Any kinds of trades you’d like to see in the future?  didn't really use them too much.

Custom Saddles

• Have you enjoyed the custom horse saddles available to trade this revision? it's fun to see others on them, haven't gotten any myself

• Would you like to see them return for next revision?  sure

• If so, do you prefer them as trade items, prizes, or some mixture of both? yes.

Events

• Valentines Day

• St. Patrick’s Day

• Easter Egg Hunt

• All the Things

• Do you enjoy having special items that you may not be able to get in vanilla as a prize for completing events? (Such as higher level enchanted items, custom skulls) yes, especially useful things like bows with unobtainable enchants

End of Rev

In the past there has been end of rev events such as ending the world in Chaos and a Zombie Apocalypse, would you like to see the return of something like this? Do you have any other ideas for how to celebrate the end of rev?  chaos is always fun, more so just to be able to blow things up.

Edited by robr
thought of something about the end that's been bugging me.

On 6/11/2019 at 2:45 AM, Silversunset01 said:

Dragon death noise: I will again request that you implement the command to allow users to ignore the dragon noise on death. With the amount of dragon farming that goes on (for elytra or dragons breath) the noise is often deafening. Your previous response directing users to modify their resource packs to do this is quite unfair and inconsistent

That command is /usepack silent-dragon. You'll need to allow the server to send you resource packs. Any problems: clear out ~/.minecraft/server-resource-packs and try again.

You can alternatively download SilentDragon.zip from https://nerd.nu/resourcepacks to your Minecraft resourcepacks folder and install it through the client.

There's also /usepack windy-dragon if you would prefer (I do) a fart sound instead of absolute silence.

EDIT: I should add that I implemented these as of just a few minutes ago.

First of all I thought it was a good rev - I had fun and I thought the gameplay was generally pretty well balanced. Only commenting below on bits I have direct experience of:

> The Spawn Building

Loved the design but I'd prefer it was 10% the size in future. You could build some big cool shit elsewhere on the map and keep spawn simple.

> The Overworld

Map size was good I thought. Could be smaller.

I really liked the seed and the biome distribution. Ore distributions also nicely balanced.

> The Nether

I didn't use the nether too much but it seemed fine! The custom terrain gen made navigation easier I think. You could consider making the nether terrain much harder to nerf portal travel and encourage horses+rails, but that's probably a matter of taste 😉

> Portals

The number of portals seemed fine. IMO could stand to have fewer but not more.

Is there any way to make vanilla portal placement work? The fact that towns claim portals on day 1 and then go inactive a few weeks later contributes to revs dying off I think. Players joining later might not have the luxury of the best land, but at least they should have the same sort of access to fast travel. If you're worried about grief, make it so they can only be lit in your region or something (with a corresponding region in the other dimension). If you're worried about too many portals, give it a huge resource cost or make it unlight itself if it isn't used in a few days.

> All the Things

I don't want to dick on peoples achievements but this challenge seems like a massive cop-out to me. Why would I collect items so that the admins can delete them? People volunteer for this?!

I know towns/cities are overflowing with materials within a few weeks and I suggest the admins have a plan for how those materials could be put to good use. E.g. make a huge bedrock-lined tunnel that runs through the map. 3 months later allocate sections to cities to build an assault course like the old '10k' event from years ago.  

Or have some area of The End that can only be reached by building a diamond-block bridge. All other materials disappear when placed.

Or some sort of wishing-well where certain materials will curry favour with the gods, or curse you / your town. Make just the right combination of materials and the whole server gets some fun effects, e.g. everyone has a sheep dropped on them from sky limit, or all mobs catch on fire. You could waste a lot of materials discovering just the right variants of materials to sacrifice.

But really, just anything better than "fill your chests so we can delete them" 😕

> In the past there has been end of rev events such as ending the world in Chaos and a Zombie Apocalypse, would you like to see the return of something like this? Do you have any other ideas for how to celebrate the end of rev?

1st week with PVP enabled, 2nd week chaos.

As a general note I'd love if end-of-rev survival became an official, planned thing. It could revitalise the lead-up to the next rev as people fortify their homes, hide their stashes, form defensive allegiences, etc. It could still all end in a day of TNT and chaos, but between 1 week and 1 month of PVP at the end of the rev would be amazing IMO 😄