Revision 24 late rev feedback

cheezychicken

As we come towards the end of Revision 24 and would like to hear your feedback on the revision to help shape things for Revision 25!

(Most of these questions are shamefully stolen from last rev’s feedback, I know…)

The Spawn

• Was spawn easy to navigate? Could you find the things you needed to find easily?
  • Is there anything you would like to see done differently with Spawn in Rev 25?
  • We left the station and the nether side spawn portal up to the players to create, how do you feel this went?

The Overworld

• Do you think that this map size (7kx7k) was good? Should it be bigger, smaller or similar next rev?
  • This rev we used vanilla map generation due to custom terrain tools not being updated. Were you happy with the use of a vanilla seed? Would you like to see a return to custom terrain given the tools are updated?
  • Were any biomes lacking or too abundant this revision?
  • How did you find the distribution of ores this revision?

The Nether

This revision we had another custom Nether created by totemo, it featured different biomes designed to provide areas for bulk mining resources like concrete powder and terracotta. We again included custom mobs in the nether.

• How did you feel about the custom generated map this revision? Would you like to see a custom nether again?
  • How did you feel about the custom mobs this revision?
  • How was the distribution of quartz and glowstone?

The End

This revision we had a custom generated End created by cheezychicken. It featured separate islands of biomes to retain The End’s feel.

We also retained the dragon fight created by bermudalocket.

Generation:

• How did you feel about the custom End this rev? Did you like the separation into islands?
  • How did you feel about having ores generated in areas of the End that were plumped but didn’t have custom drops? How was the ore distribution?

Dragon Fight

• How did you feel about bermuda’s NerdyDragon fight? Was it too easy/difficult/just right in your opinion?
  • Any other suggestions you’d like to share for the fight?

Shulkers and other mobs:

• Did you enjoy continuing to have free range shulkers instead of a shulker spawner?
  • How did you feel about the other mobs that appeared in the end?

Elytra

• How did you feel about the method of obtaining Elytra this revision? Was receiving it as a drop from the custom dragon fight enough effort for it?
  • Do you have any other ideas you have for methods of obtaining Elytra?

Mapworld

• Are there any additions you’d like to see in Mapworld next revision?

Portals

This revision we had 8 claimable portals across the map, all available from day 1 of the revision.

• Did you feel that the number and distribution of portals this rev was good?
  • Do you have any ideas for how portals should be implemented next rev?

Iron Golem Spawners

Iron Golem Spawner costs changed for this revision, roughly in line with villager mechanic changes.

• Do you feel that the cost of an iron golem spawner was fair?

Custom Spawners

This revision we had a Creeper, Squid, Slime and Witch spawner, all available to be found from the first day of the revision.

• How do you feel about the inclusion of custom spawners in the map? Would you prefer to have, or not have them?
  • Which custom spawners do you think are particularly useful in a multiplayer setting, if any?
  • Were the spawners well hidden? Should they be harder to find? Easier?

Custom Drops

This revision we continued the use of custom drops from ores, mobs, and in loot chests.

• How do you feel about the rates of custom drops dropping, too frequent or too rare?
  • Do you have any ideas for new ways to obtain custom drops?
  • How have the custom drop trades been so far this rev? Any kinds of trades you’d like to see in the future?

Custom trades

• Have you enjoyed the custom trades this revision?
  • Would you like to see them return for next revision?
  • Is there anything you want to see available from the custom traders?

Events

• We started running weekly events this rev, would you like these to continue?
  • Does the time of the weekly events suit you? What time might be better?
  • Were the prizes from events appropriate? Are there any other items you would like to trade for?
  • Do you have any ideas for events or an event that you particularly enjoyed?

Rev Theme

This revision the theme was around "Space and exploration".

• Do you feel the theme of a revision adds to your experience?
  • Should events and server planning be more tied to the theme? Less?
  • Do you have any ideas for themes that you would enjoy?

End of Rev

In the past there has been end of rev events such as ending the world in Chaos and a Zombie Apocalypse, would you like to see the return of something like this? Do you have any other ideas for how to celebrate the end of rev?

Any other comments?

• Is there anything else you want to tell us about your experience on the server? Things the PAdmins can do improve?

We'll aim to respond to your feedback by the 5th of January.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I very much enjoyed playing on nerd.nu this rev, as I did last rev! This feedback is bearing in mind though, this and the last rev are the only ones I have any significant playtime.

-Spawn

Spawn was great! I know there were some complaints about it being large/hard to leave last rev, having it floating aboveground with the exit presented first was an elegant way to sidestep that potential issue. As far as nether hubs and rail stations go, I'm a fan of what Treppich, Jaquipotato and Zomise have done.

-Overworld

I like the map size personally, but I know some people would like to see it smaller, and I don't see an issue with that. I appreciate vanilla gen this rev for the sake of new biomes and other changes to generation, but considering there isn't too much in that regard with 1.15, I think custom generation would be cool to see.

-The Nether

Loved the custom nether this rev and the last. The thematic mobs are a great touch. I also appreciate being able to mine bulk materials without trashing the overworld.

-The End

Again, loved the custom end this rev and the last, especially with the new islands. And again, bulk materials being available without trashing the overworld is great. Being able to farm for tridents is great too, I appreciate that it's still appropriately challenging.

Loved the custom dragon fight, personally one of my favourite nerd-specific tweaks. Elytra as a reward is a great incentive to try it out, too.

-Portals

I like how the portals are implemented currently

-Iron Golem Spawners

Good addition to the server. Great alternative to server-intensive vanilla farms for the same cost.

-Custom Spawners

I love the idea of the custom spawers! While I don't necessarily think they should be easier to find, I think it may be worth providing small leads towards the beginning of the rev, like a riddle or something to go off of. It seemed to take a little while to find some of them.

-Custom Drops/Trades

The custom drops and trades are awesome. I think maybe a smaller variety of drops would be nice, I tended to end up with a bunch of items in a chest that I didn't have quite enough of to trade, but that's a minor gripe. The trades at spawn are a great way to provide fun extra content like custom skulls, boosted equipment, and help provide small quality of life bonuses like the animal eggs. I'd personally like to see something like the Adventure Club from last rev, but I'm a sucker for that sort of thing :)

-Events

Seasonally themed events are wonderful, and I appreciate the weekly events and the event tokens. I can't make many (or any) of the weekly events, but that's more an issue with my personal schedule, the time they are now is perfectly reasonable.

-Rev Themes

The themes are great, this one and the last provided some nice flavor. I know some people like to try and build to the theme, and that's great. 

-End of Rev

Chaos was great last rev! I'd be happy with that again, but "zombie apocalypse" sounds very interesting.

All in all, I had a great time playing on nerd this rev, and I'm looking forward to playing the next! I really appreciate that nerd has such dedicated staff, and people who are willing to help create and perpetuate a friendly atmosphere to build. Thank you guys, seriously!

-Armas DSasi

• Upvote 1

The Spawn

• The spawn ship itself took some adjusting, but having colored floors made things easy for people to give directions. Overall, it was a little easier to navigate for a new player compared to rev 23, and equally as cool-looking.
  • I admittedly dont ride the rails much, but I loved the Nether Spawn!

The Overworld

• I like the map size, but if it does end up changing, I'd like to see it get a little smaller instead of larger.
  • Custom terrain is pretty nice, but I understand if it's not feasible. The End and Nether provide enough of a custom experience to get the materials I need to get.
  • I've got no issues with biomes or ores, I was able to find what I needed.

The Nether

This revision we had another custom Nether created by totemo, it featured different biomes designed to provide areas for bulk mining resources like concrete powder and terracotta. We again included custom mobs in the nether.

• Custom nether is awesome! Without it, there's no way I could have grabbed all the red sand I needed for my puzzle challenge. Since there were a lot fewer bilge rats and knockbacky skeletons, the custom mobs were a big improvement too.
  • The Zox Commanders tended to drop their player head far more often than a wither skeleton skull, but I didn't hunt many of them to be fair.
  • Quartz and Glowstone seemed to be abundant enough.

The End

This revision we had a custom generated End created by cheezychicken. It featured separate islands of biomes to retain The End’s feel.

Generation:

• The custom end was cool! The separation into islands added more of a challenge, and gave an excuse for people to build more bridges.
  • I spent a few hours on the supposed "ore-heavy" island, and I did find a lot of lapis and gold, and some emerald, but I didn't really notice any more diamond than on the overworld. I didn't really visit the end until around Sept/Oct, so maybe it had been picked clean by then. Then again, I hate branch mining, and I couldn't find as many cave systems as the previous End had, so that might be the reason behind my diamond drought.

Dragon Fight

• The dragon fight was fine, no complaints here.

Shulkers and other mobs:

• For the love of pants, turn down the shulker frequency! While I loved being able to find shulkers everywhere, groups of 10-12 is too much. There were times I could barely walk 3 steps without getting floated upwards.

Portals

This revision we had 8 claimable portals across the map, all available from day 1 of the revision.

• The number of portals was appropriate for this map size. If we end up with a larger map, we'd probably need more portals to go with it.

Custom Spawners

This revision we had a Creeper, Squid, Slime and Witch spawner, all available to be found from the first day of the revision.

• The way we changed per-person spawning mechanics made the Squid spawner a little less important, but I'm glad we still have one. Slimes are of course important to keep around, and witches are good for the nether-fearing potion-maker. 
  • The Creeper Spawner was a little too well-hidden (but only a little 😛)

Custom Drops

This revision we continued the use of custom drops from ores, mobs, and in loot chests.

• The rate at which custom drops could be found was appropriate, and I loved how you could find them from all sorts of activities, but trading for spesos got a little awkward when you had 20+ different items to lug with you, and usually not enough of each. Instead of 2-4 drops for each activity, how about one from each? One custom drop for mining, one for farming, fighting, woodcutting, etc, and then just a single trader who takes all 7 or 8 custom drops?
  • No complains with the Speso/Starbuck trades, I thought they were perfect.

Events

• Yes, keep the events coming! I've got a few ideas for weekly events myself. (Half-baked ideas, admittedly, but I'll let you know after I've worked on them more.)
  • I'm personally happy with 7pm EST every week, but I think it would be easier on our international players if we mix up the time every now and then. I'm not at all sure how to make that happen, but maybe have 1 day a month  geared towards a different time zone.
  • The prizes were good enough to get people's interest, but not so overpowered as to ruin the game.You'd have to win every single event for like 2 months in order to get all the prizes.

Rev Theme

• Having a theme makes the spawn area all the more interesting to explore. I don't feel the need to have a huge tie-in to the theme, a little bit goes a long way.
  • Oh, you want us to come up with theme ideas, do you? 🙂 ..... How about a restaurant? The custom drops can all be rare ingredients (like Truffles for digging dirt, Rock Salt for mining, some kind of spices for farming, caviar from fishing, etc). The spawn traders can be chefs that give food-related items (like "skewers" or "cheese knives" instead of swords).Plus, it's an easy way to extend the NutriPaste memes, not to mention all the potential for $pudcoin jokes. We could also have adventurer's Cooks guild quests like pizza delivery, or fetching super-rare ingredients, or even some kind of "cook-off".

Overall, I had an awesome time this rev, thanks Padmins and Techs for making it all happen!

• Upvote 1

The Spawn

• Was spawn easy to navigate? Could you find the things you needed to find easily?

• Yes and no – I think the exit could have been a bit more obvious – maybe “drop transporters” to the surface or something and easy signs at the bottom to get back up..

• Is there anything you would like to see done differently with Spawn in Rev 25?

• We left the station and the nether side spawn portal up to the players to create, how do you feel this went?

• I think we were lucky to have some people engaged at the beginning, particularly with how laggy 1.14 was at launch – there was a huge potential for unfinished  anything as so many people left after that first week or two. At this point with our population we really should be including a station as part of spawn and encourage players to concentrate on their own builds.

The Overworld

• Do you think that this map size (7kx7k) was good? Should it be bigger, smaller or similar next rev?

• We need much smaller, with far more realistic rules around claim sizes such as we originally started claims with (i.e. timed rules around anything X blocks from spawn, restrictions on sizes, and much more expedient and judicious resolution of claim disputes)

• This rev we used vanilla map generation due to custom terrain tools not being updated. Were you happy with the use of a vanilla seed? Would you like to see a return to custom terrain given the tools are updated?

• Custom terrain is always neat, but the toolsets aren’t there yet, especially with 1.15 on the horizon.

• no

• fine

The Nether

• How did you feel about the custom generated map this revision? Would you like to see a custom nether again?

• Custom nether best nether

• Too overpowered and abundant in the nether

• Quartz seemed a little on the short side given all the other stuff at ground level, maybe look at custom generation for a certain amount of nether and then vanilla after 1000 blocks out or something..

The End

Generation:

• How did you feel about the custom End this rev? Did you like the separation into islands?

• I really think that any customization should be in addition to the vanilla generation as to still allow for useful portals, and allow for end grinders to be useful.  Too many mobs all over the place made it impossible to reliably farm enderpearls, etc.  If anything, custom mobs should be restricted to the traditional end islands

• How did you feel about having ores generated in areas of the End that were plumped but didn’t have custom drops? How was the ore distribution?

• We have ores in 2 other worlds, I really don’t see why we need them in the end too

Dragon Fight

• How did you feel about bermuda’s NerdyDragon fight? Was it too easy/difficult/just right in your opinion?

Shulkers and other mobs:

• Did you enjoy continuing to have free range shulkers instead of a shulker spawner?

• See comments above – there needs to be some geographical restrictions around this, especially with mobs that are in the overworld anyway

Elytra

• How did you feel about the method of obtaining Elytra this revision? Was receiving it as a drop from the custom dragon fight enough effort for it?

Mapworld

Portals

• yes

• Closer in because the map should be smaller.

Iron Golem Spawners

Iron Golem Spawner costs changed for this revision, roughly in line with villager mechanic changes.

• I think the 5 of each job site block requirement is ridiculous. You can build a vanilla iron pod with all of the same kind (as we did on the snapshot server with ) .. and some of those are particularly difficult, especially in early rev (brewing stands) or with infrequently spawned blazes like in the custom nether..  just make it all of the same kind

Custom Spawners

• How do you feel about the inclusion of custom spawners in the map? Would you prefer to have, or not have them?

• Which custom spawners do you think are particularly useful in a multiplayer setting, if any?

Custom Drops

• How do you feel about the rates of custom drops dropping, too frequent or too rare?

• How have the custom drop trades been so far this rev? Any kinds of trades you’d like to see in the future?

Custom trades

Events

• Were the prizes from events appropriate? Are there any other items you would like to trade for?

Rev Theme

• It would have been nice if there was more tidbits around the world that actually tied into the theme and not just spawn (i.e. buried/crashed spaceships, etc.)

End of Rev

In the past there has been end of rev events such as ending the world in Chaos and a Zombie Apocalypse, would you like to see the return of something like this? Do you have any other ideas for how to celebrate the end of rev?

Any other comments?

• Is there anything else you want to tell us about your experience on the server? Things the PAdmins can do improve?

• Yes.

• Upvote 1

The Spawn

I like the station and portal, and spawn was easy to navigate. I would keep it this way in rev 25.

The Overworld

Everything is good, and I like the size. The ores were also good. 

The Nether

Yes, I would like to see a custom nether again. I love the custom mobs and their names, and the distribution was good.

The End

Generation:

Didn't go to the end.

Dragon Fight

Never fought, so I can't answer this.

Shulkers and other mobs:

Elytra

Thru  custom trades.

Mapworld

Portals

Iron Golem Spawners

Yes, because you can find it in iron ore, which is I guess everywhere.

Custom Spawners

I prefer to have them so you can gather resources. All spawners are particularly useful in a multiplayer setting. The spawners were well hidden, but I would like them easier to find.

Custom Drops

Think it's too rare, and an idea to see them drop is when kill a mob or take out a disc from a jukebox, and I love the trades.

Custom trades

Yes, I loved the trades so I, nonetheless want them to return. Also, I want armor and saddles and, of course, NutriPaste™.

Events

Rev Theme

I loved the theme, and yes, events should be tied to the experience. Ideas for themes should be travel. (trains, airplanes, etc.)

End of Rev

• Chaos w/  explosive trinitrotoluene like last rev because it's fun to blow up stuff.

Any other comments?

• Upvote 1

Map size and Rev length: Instead of a 7k x 7k map from the beginning, maybe we can try starting with a very small map size, such as 2k x 2k, and every 1 to 8 weeks (or perhaps whenever it is determined that the current map is or will soon become too crowded, or there is a desire for more of one or more biomes that are currently in short supply) we expand the map by 2k in each of the two horizontal directions. The map continues expanding until a new version of Minecraft gets released (and we determine that we are able to update to it), or perhaps until travel across the map is deemed impractical (which we would have to define as some amount of time that is required to travel that distance), or until the map file is deemed too big.

Spawn: A simple spawn that is easy to navigate and treats all directions of travel at least roughly equally would be best. Perhaps players can walk through the list of rules and information, then take a water drop/elevator down to a central area with roads coming out of it in similar fashion to rev 22. The spawn nether portal could be down a set of stairs directly below this central area. I am also not opposed to a hotel-style spawn (similar to rev 20), provided it is still easy to navigate and treats all directions at least roughly equally.

Nether portals: How about we stop making nether portals something that only a few people/cities get their hands on, and start allowing anybody to place a nether portal. If you are worried about grief, could we not just make an unlit nether portal somewhere, and then modreq to have it lit (surely we can trust the mods/admins, or perhaps LogBlock, to determine if the nether portal will cause grief in the other dimension (remember: distances in the nether and the overworld correlate via a simple ratio, and whether or not two portals in one dimension lead to the same portal in the other dimension is determined by how closely they are spaced, and should be predictable in advance via calculation (and perhaps observation, with mod/admin assistance if need be)).

Terrain generation: I am not certain whether or not non-vanilla terrain gen is beneficial in the overworld, but if we decide it is, lets at least make it so that biomes match with the stuff inside them. For example, if F3 tells me that I am in a plains biome, then I should not see an overabundance of naturally-generated trees. If F3 tells me that I am in a (regular) forest biome, then I should not expect to see jungle trees (unless I am in a transition zone between a jungle biome and a regular forest biome). On the other hand, if we determine that a whole biome is necessary to make more abundant, then we can change a biome (or a portion of a biome, in the case of something like an ocean biome), and make sure that it shows up as that new biome in F3, and also has only the features that could have been in that biome had it been naturally generated.

Events: My favorite event, so far, was Super Mini Games. I think the time for the events are good, though I am not opposed to them being an hour earlier. What I hope does not happen, is that they start later than when they start, now.

Edited by wyguy2014
realized i forgot something
  • Upvote 1

The Spawn

• It could be a bit difficult to find specific things in spawn, but I also enjoyed exploring the ship. Maybe a compromise of no nonsense simple area of spawn with the things you need and another section for fun stuff to explore/see?
    • Simple bit + fun bit as detailed above.
    • Seemed to go well. Both were developed.

The Overworld

• Size was good. I generally like large maps. 7-10k is nice.
    • I am fine with vanilla. After not TOO long in the rev it's more about what people made from the terrain than the terrain its self. Some tweaks on vanilla would be neat. In the past there was some support for amplified terrain, and while I think the old amplified is a bit far, messing with the vanilla generator settings to make something between normal and amplified would be cool. Closer to the normal side though...
    • No. Not a ton of mooshroom, but people rarely use them anyway. Quite a bit of ocean, but there is a bunch of newer content related to oceans.
    • No complaints. The end island biomes with the boosted ores was a nice touch.

The Nether

• Was good, and yes.
    • I enjoyed them. The vanilla mob resources were all still available at roughly vanilla rates which is important.
    • Glowstone was easy enough to come by. No feedback on quartz (didn't hunt for it much).

The End

Generation:

• Splitting it into islands was a fun touch, though once you made it to an island the experience was more or less the same as if they were not islands. If it wasn't hard to do it's worth doing again. It was a fun way of providing the custom biomes but still giving huge stretches of vanilla end landscape.
    • I am OK with that, and ore distribution was good.
  • There was no question about the falling into the void so I am adding my own feedback
    • I liked the "fall into the void and TP to the overworld" thing. It still provided some sort of consequence of falling into the void but wasn't the guarantee of lost items like it normally is, and it was a bit of fun. Doesn't really affect gameplay in the end so I am OK keeping it or not.

Dragon Fight

• Difficulty was fine. Once you know how to handle the fight it's not much harder than vanilla.
    • I like phase 1 the least. Once you've done it once it feels mostly like waiting. I'd be happy with it either gone, or transitioning to the next crystal instantly so you had to find and kill the selected one. The other phases are good.

Shulkers and other mobs:

• Yes!
    • Good! The rare power 6 bow was fun to get.

Elytra

• Yes more than enough. It's harder to get than in vanilla, but still within reach of most players.
    • Dragon fight (even a vanilla one) seems like a fair challenge. You can get an elytra (or 6) in vanilla without killing the dragon, but most players kill the dragon anyway.

Mapworld

• Nope.

Portals

• It was fine. I wouldn't be against more portals available late rev to active towns / players rather than just random chance of finding one.
    • Per above, maybe awarding them to active towns/players that are a decent ways(800-1000+?) from an existing portal would be good. Encourages people to stay active, doesn't discourage roads/rails at the start, and makes new/interesting places that out of the way more accessible.

Iron Golem Spawners

• Yeah it was fair. If anything I would like to see low tier spawners to be a bit cheaper and high tier a bit more expensive just to make it more accessible to individuals.

Custom Spawners

• They're fun to have, but with the changes to where/how many mobs spawn around players they're not required. The custom spawners are more of a tradition than a necessity now.
    • Ink may be the most useful now. It's required to get for dark prismarine and hard to get in huge quantities otherwise. Black dye, gunpowder, slime, etc are all easy to get either with new vanilla mechanics or with the per player mob spawning changes.
    • Hidden well enough :)

Custom Drops

• They felt more rare this rev, but I think it's because there were fewer special drops from nether/end mobs(maybe?) and that is where I got most of my drops last rev. I wouldn't mind more. If I save the whole rev I can usually get 1 top tier saddle. Would be nice to be able to get a couple or get it earlier in the rev.
    • I liked the variety of sources. Makes them available to players with different play styles.
    • Cheaper trades would be nice. I like to get 1 of everything when possible, and while I don;t expect to be able to get 1 of every saddle it would be nice to get a few different ones.

Custom trades

• yes
    • yes
    • Cheaper trades, at least on anything decorative... The mend+inf bow or f4 pick can stay on the expensive side.

Events

• Yes!
    • Works well for me, but I would imagine some in Euro times would like it earlier or on another day. Wonder how attendance would fare on Saturdays...
    • Yeah they were good. Participation prizes are good as are the attendance prize. Getting a couple tokens for at least trying the event is always nice.
    • I enjoyed most of them. I like that players were encouraged to host events.

Rev Theme

• It's fun but doesn't change my day to day experience.
    • I like them themed. Nobody is forced to match their build to the theme so I see no harm in themed events/items/admin builds/etc.
    • I'll try to think of some....

End of Rev

• Answer:
    • I usually build up to the last second and am exhausted by the time the end of rev event comes around. Given the choice I would go with more building time, but I know people enjoy the events so I don't really advocate against them.

Any other comments?

• I'd like to see contiguous / labeled claim fences make a return. Maybe a compromise where you can mark the claim with any block and spaced out a little like you do now, but within X (2?) weeks it needs to be contiguous(ish) and labeled ever ~40 blocks. Maybe even allow regions on contiguous/marked cuboid claims?  That would reduce the need to deal with claim disputes.
    • The ~2 villager unlocks per day in 1.15 could become an issue. In vanilla it's easy for a player to deal with it by having 40 farmers (or whatever other villager you are trading with in bulk). In the interest of reducing lag, allowing lots of trades with a villager(via modreq?) would be nice. There could be some small cost to avoid spamming of the requests, but it's so cheap and easy to breed another villager in vanilla I wouldn't suggest much of a cost. I would suggest higher number of unlocks per day, but that doesn't appear to be a setting for the villager so it would need a plugin unless I am missing something...
  • Upvote 1

The Spawn

I had no problems with the spawn at all. Yeah was confusing at first but quickly went away.

The Overworld

The size of the map was good. Didnt mind the vanilla world. I am not sure but seemed like less diamonds this rev but could just be me.
Also more double spawners would be nice like skellies and zombies and such. (Is always thinking firework material) 

The Nether

Loved everything about the Nether this rev except for the thorns on "pigmen" thats just mean!

The End

A+ End this rev love everything about it.

Generation: Loved the different islands bio-mes with different materials

Dragon Fight: No troubles with dragon fight.. Super fun !!

Shulkers and other mobs: As with nether loved the mobs and shulker this rev!

Elytra

I have no problem with the process at all.

Mapworld

I didnt get to use it this rev but will be next rev and anything to make it easier to get them done would be nice 🙂

Portals

Portals spacing was good had no troubles with them.

Iron Golem Spawners

I was not in control of the golems so I dont know what the cost was but I didnt hear any complants

Custom Spawners

Custom spawners are great and should always be on the server... I just wish clues would be released earlier. 
Because creeper took so long work arounds were created and I made me sad that it took so long to find the spawner.
Maybe have a server wide challenge to release clues for the spawners. Start them after elytras are available.

Custom Drops

I love the custom drops makes digging fun!

Custom trades

Keep them coming... Especially the Fortune IV items.

Events

Events this rev were awesome I loved having a every Friday event. I would like to see that continue.

Rev Theme

I would have so much trouble coming up with themes. I look forward to what you guys come up with each rev.

End of Rev

I would rather have zombie event than chaos. I usually stay away for chaos but I know others like chaos.

Any other comments?

I would like to thank everyone on the server. Staff and players we are such an awesome group. You guys
are like family to me and ice. 

• Upvote 1

I didn't play for all that long so take it with a grain of salt. I would like to see:

- Smaller map
- More frequent (shorter) revisions
- Fewer nether portals
- No mesa/desert/whatever at spawn. Trees pls

Would be good to divert some resources towards retaining new players. E.g. maybe some sort of recommendation rewards or a group of players who will mentor new players when they join? I know a lot of people do this anyway but it could always be better. A lot of new players slip through the net.

Would also be good to have a nice website that ties together all the PVE info, deadmap notwithstanding. You could always hire a freelancer for a while to build it for you, if the 2020 sysadmin whisky fund isn't fully depleted.

• Upvote 2

The Spawn

I think spawn could have been better signposted perhaps - while it was straightforward to find the hangar from the spawn point, it didn't seem as easy to find the lab or the commissary from outside the ship (lots of questions in chat about their locations).

The Overworld

I'd be interested in seeing what happens with a smaller map - from live map there still seems to be some empty space around.  Admittedly with the current size transportation doesn't feel very lacking, though as someone who is based closer to spawn and had help with rail tunnels, my immediate vicinity felt pretty lively and well-connected.

The Nether

I'm not sure I like the mix of custom mobs in nether/end this rev - my preference is that custom mob pools in the vein of what was in the Nether (and End?) this rev (ie. frequent occurrences of generally tougher mobs) should be in a new, separate dimension, where the intent to challenge players can be made clearer.  I think they were a good difficulty for more experienced players.  Props for thematic consistency though, they really did look and feel like aliens from another dimension in another dimension and I enjoyed that kind of atmosphere.  Now the real question is what are the Zox and Kirlids doing in both Nether and End dimensions, hmmmm.

The End

I thought the End layout this rev was pretty neat.  The one thing I didn't like so much was how low the original End center's ground level was relative to the dragon's flying altitude.

Elytra

Elytra obtaining method feels fine this rev.

Custom Drops

I enjoyed the variety of ways which the custom drops were obtainable and think that variety should be brought forward in later revs.  The trades have been interesting, though I have admittedly treated spesos as rare and haven't been spending much .-.

Events

I enjoyed the weekly events even though I'm usually late to half of them.  Participation event tokens are a good touch.  What I really liked was how much some (eg. wacky battles) were more casual/fun oriented compared to more traditional games that are more competitive/even; it's nice to take a break from controlled conditions and just roll with randomness sometimes.

Rev Theme

Really enjoyed the theme this rev 😄

Edited by buzzie71
  • Upvote 1

Thank you all for your feedback.  We appreciate your suggestions and ideas. Totemo has been working on testing and updating the needed plug-ins and we are well underway with Rev 25 prep. We will keep you posted and will announce the new rev 1 month ahead of it's start.