New and altered moderator commands. Round #2.

totemo

We tend to issue a lot of warnings for grief (crop grief in particular) on survival and elsewhere, and I want to make this as easy and lazy as possible.  I habitually /addnote the players I warn so that I know whether they should get a second chance on the next occurrence.

I've added commands that provide standard wordings for a lot of these warnings and bans, customised to the server you're on.  The majority of warnings we issue are to new players who probably haven't read the rules or who may come from a server where a more chaos-like style of game-play is permitted, so the warnings assume no prior knowledge of the game, or jargon like the word "grief".

• /warncrops player [additional]
    • Adds a note "warned for crop grief on <server>".
    • Sends mail messages:
      • If you take crops planted by someone else, you must replant them. -- Moderator
      • That includes: potatoes, carrots, nether warts, sugar cane and cocoa. -- Moderator
      • If additional words appear after the player name, these are sent as a mail message too.
    • If the player is online, /cmsg's them telling them to check their mail (and how to do it):
      • You have been formally warned by a moderator for not replanting crops.
      • Check your mail: /mail inbox, /mail read 1, etc. 

• /warngrief player [additional]
    • Adds a note "warned for general grief on <server>".
    • Sends mail messages:
      • You must not edit other players builds without permission. -- Moderator
      • Either the first or second message, depending on whether the server is creative, or a survival mode server:
        1. Only staff members are allowed to clear old builds. -- Moderator
        2. Do not steal blocks. There is no such thing as an "abandoned" build. -- Moderator

• Additionally, on the PVP server only:
        • You can break into a base to fight, but you must put back the blocks immediately.
      • If additional words appear after the player name, these are sent as a mail message too.
    • If the player is online, /cmsg's them telling them to check their mail (and how to do it):
      • You have been formally warned by a moderator for editing builds without permission.
      • Check your mail: /mail inbox, /mail read 1, etc. 

• /bancrops player [additional]
    • Simply: /ban player crop grief on <server>
    • If there are additional words after the player name, "; " is appended and then those words:
      • i.e. "/ban totemo crop grief on pve; ignored prior warning".
  • /bangrief player [additional]
    • Simply: /ban player grief on <server>
    • If there are additional words after the player name, "; " is appended and then those words:
      • i.e. "/ban totemo grief on creative; no legitimate edits".

Finally, note that the /xray-edits command can now take an optional final parameter, which is a duration in LogBlock syntax.  In that case it will query diamond ore destructions over just that period.  Examples:

• /xray-edits totemo
    • Query all diamond destructions in the last 28 days.
  • /xray-edits totemo 1d
    • Just the last day's worth.
  • /xray-edits totemo 12h
    • Just the last 12 hours.

EDIT: Also I've added /rbbancrops and /rbbangrief that do full global rollbacks.  Scroll down for the full description.

• Upvote 2

And just a quick addendum to note that I've added two more variants on the ban commands above, to allow for a better level of laziness:

• /rbbancrops player [additional]
    • Same as /bancrops player [additional], but does a full global rollback too (/lbrb player).
  • /rbbangrief player [additional]
    • Same as /bangrief player [additional], but does a full global rollback too (/lbrb player).

Example:

/rbbangrief totemo no legitimate edits

Does (on survival):

• /ban totemo grief on survival; no legitimate edits
  • /lbrb totemo 
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Wasn't sure where best to place this, but as a friendly reminder, if you're adding notes to players (whether through the /warn commands, or by hand) please endeavour to check that they haven't already been warned recently for similar things. I've removed a couple of notes the past two days for players that were warned for the same thing only hours apart, when all of their grief would have occurred prior to the first note. You can check notes using /lookup, and the times of when these were issued on their MCBouncer page (http://mcbouncer.com/user/playernamehere/notesFor), or more easily run the command '.notes playernamehere' in the IRC and our Modreq bot will list at least the first 5 notes for that player (unsure if it still limits on that), with all of the relevant information for that note.

• Upvote 1