McPublic Steam gaming event anyone?

Steam gaming event anyone?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. do you think we should have a gaming event?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

So is this an invitation for people who play on these servers to play something on Steam or to advertise the servers on Steam?

mostly an invite for people to play some games with the reddit servers. and also we could have a mumble channel too.

Idk I don't own any. People should submit ideas and the most mentioned get to be played first. I have some ideas:

TF2

Some racing game

RPG shooter like cod

And something else

Seems like this would be better for consoles like ps3

Edited by Segadude20000

RPG shooter like cod

RPG... COD... Nope.

All joking aside, I think this is a good idea, I tend to play a decent amount of League of Legends and have met a few others that also play on the servers.

I will need to re-download Steam onto my PC and hopefully see who else I can play with through that.

As for Playstation Network, if anyone would like to play with me, send me a private message and we'll see if that's a possibility.

• Upvote 1

Okay..

So ive read the thread so far and to me it sounds more and more like you guys want to start a multi platform and gaming clan instead of an Event. Dont get me wrong it would be a nice idea, and i would love to have a Clantag that says [NERD] infront of my name but i really dont think we got the ressources for that.

But still i think its worth a try Both of those ideas

Who is the one person that thinks,

This is one of the worst ideas I have ever come across, it's a waste of our bloody time and you guys should go get a life instead of playing video games all day.

But of course, we have summer holidays, work and school. Video games are mostly for leisure time.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Idk I don't own any. People should submit ideas and the most mentioned get to be played first. I have some ideas:

TF2

Some racing game

RPG shooter like cod

And something else

Cod? RPG? What? Since when is Call Of Duty an RPG shooter? Not to bag on you but could you please specify?

tf2'd be good for most of us, as it's not only free but bridges the platform gap between Macs & PC's, something few games do effectively on Steam.

On another note, anyone want to do a few rounds of Civ 5 (without BNW) on the 30th?

• 2 weeks later...

TF2 and Counter-Strike (Source or GO)! Both games are tri-platform, I believe.

I'd be willing to do TF2, CS:S, HL2:DM, HL:DM S [Half-Life Source: Deathmatch], maybe a gmod map, not sure how that would go, and Half-Life 1 Multiplayer

All of which are tri-platofrom except Half-Life:Source

Edited by coolgamerovr90

CTF is this Saturday, so how about a Steam gaming event the Saturday after, the 28th? Some time maybe at 2:00PM West coast/5:00PM East Coast/10:00PM England. Or later if there are more Aussies than Brits who are interested. As TF2 sounds like the most popular game here, perhaps we can go invade an empty TF2 server if there's enough people, or just join a half-full one.  

Also, just in case people don't know about it, MCPublic steam gaming group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/redditmc