Mosmodre [Willravel]

Mosmodre

Hello,

Today on S I joined and was being spawn killed by someone in diamond armor. After a few times of this I stated something along the lines of "this guy in his gay  blue armor is using hax". I was then kicked from the game. I then rejoined the game, citing the version of the definition of the word gay I used, I was then banned for this. I understand where they are coming from thinking this was homophobic, but it wasn't I was simply using the proper definition of the word gay. 

I actually found the chat logs

15:54:10 [CLIENT] [iNFO] [CHAT] <Mosmodre> he just got dis blue gay armor

(was kicked here)

15:55:34 [CLIENT] [iNFO] [CHAT] <Mosmodre> Gay-bright or showy (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gay)
2013-07

(was banned here)

Edited by Mosmodre

You're not in a Perry Como song in the 1950s. If you use the term "gay armor" in 2013 in game chat, its meaning is clear to everyone, even if it's ostensibly not clear to you. You get a 24 hour vacation, which is a lot less than most people get for this kind of thing. 

Edit: and in the future, should a moderator or administrator offer you a warning, the appropriate venue for discussing or debating said action is not in public chat. Send them a private message (/m [name]) or message another moderator or administrator if you want a third party. 

Edited by Willravel