New Forum Mod Issues Thread

thrawn21

In regards to this comment on the subreddit, I realized that I'd not asked a proper follow-up for the new forums. So now that we've had some time to settle in, how are you liking the moderating side of the new forums? And is there anything we can help you guys with? (And feel free to pm a head if you don't want to post here!)

:smile:

• Upvote 2

Guest Former Staff

The report system seems to be working quite well. Given the email notification on this, the report is usually dealt with or in the process of being looked into within a short period.

The biggest success on the forum from a moderation view has to be the ban appeals. Given the collaborative effort in handling appeals and moving them into the closed ban appeals forum when needed, this has made it much easier to filter through active appeals and looks much better than 15,000 appeals all next to each other.

If we can achieve results like this from our ban appeals, would we have similar results across the remaining forum sections if moderators could use the moderation for: Editing the title, pinning a topic, locking, moving and merging? I would be interested to hear more opinions on this particularly from moderators.

Ya. kitcat. That was my thinking when I setup that section. Just to make sure things do not get closed before the techs see it and such. But I see no issue with adding the mod group to that section if you guys want it.