There's a maximum number of upvotes you can give per day?

Diznatch52

Don't quote me on this as being exactly correct, but I imagine it's tied in with the fact that you also cannot give more than a certain number of downvotes per day - which I believe is there as an effort to stop people from downvoting everything in a blind fit of rage. Were you able to determine at all roughly how many upvotes you gave before receiving that? I'm kind of curious to see what the limit is and if it's reasonable/something we can be flexible with.

I'll see if I can't figure out what I was upvoting today, though I don't think it was more than 5 (totally gonna end up being like 15).

Edit: ok it looked to be my 10th in 24 hours, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would actually have been my 11th and I missed one. With all the discussion going on recently, though, I have a lot of things to agree/disagree with. I probably wouldn't usually hit this kind of a cap. I certainly wasn't upvoting everyone in sight.

Edited by Diznatch52

Don't quote me on this as being exactly correct, but I imagine it's tied in with the fact that you also cannot give more than a certain number of downvotes per day - which I believe is there as an effort to stop people from downvoting everything in a blind fit of rage. Were you able to determine at all roughly how many upvotes you gave before receiving that? I'm kind of curious to see what the limit is and if it's reasonable/something we can be flexible with.

This is exactly it. We are open to adjusting the cap - I'd have to look up what it is at the moment, but it seemed to be a good balance of enough to like what you like and not too many so you can, as Tharine said, downvote everything in a thread.

This is exactly it. We are open to adjusting the cap - I'd have to look up what it is at the moment, but it seemed to be a good balance of enough to like what you like and not too many so you can, as Tharine said, downvote everything in a thread.

Would it be possible to cap downvotes but not upvotes? I certainly am liable to want to upvote things more often than I am to want to downvote.

Would it be possible to cap downvotes but not upvotes? I certainly am liable to want to upvote things more often than I am to want to downvote.

I will ask a tech if it is possible and discuss numbers. I can't remember what they are set at off the top of my head... But I think they are independent of each other - meaning that we can cap at like 10 up, 5 down or something like that. So that would mean if nothing else we could increase the up vote cap a bit.

I will ask a tech if it is possible and discuss numbers. I can't remember what they are set at off the top of my head... But I think they are independent of each other - meaning that we can cap at like 10 up, 5 down or something like that. So that would mean if nothing else we could increase the up vote cap a bit.

cool, thanks :D

• 5 months later...