Noobly (re)joining

Hawkeyezd

Hello there,

I'm currently looking into restarting on the NerdNU Survival server. I slightly played on it for a bit but left because the lag got to much for me (not blaming Nerd! My internet is awful! Had it upgraded though :biggrin:

I know about the new revision starting this weekend- thanks Tharine! It's great to see new revisions told to players in good advance. I tried another similar server to Nerd.Nu (in the sense that it is Vanilla) but it really didn't keep the standards very high. I've been looking for a place where I can just relax and play proper Minecraft, so I chose nerdnu hehe :P
I am looking for some advice for newbies about what happens with the new revisions. I plan on getting into the thick of things as soon as I wake up (UK time) and get back from my paper round that morning. I played PvE a bit last revisions series, and that seemed to pack like mad, but it took me a good 3/4 weeks to start on S. I know PvPTimer is being added a few days into the revision to make the first few days extra chaos-ey. Sounds good fun :) Should I look into anything else before Saturday turns around? Is it really mad when everyone logs in... :P

Thank you! Anything you can tell me about it is very much appreciated!

Edited by Hawkeyezd

I'm not the best at giving advice, but the first thing I would do is start gathering materials, I usually have my house close to spawn but go very far away to gather materials on the first day. I would also claim your land, It's best to do that first, then gather materials. Once you have that all set and done, I would start building my house. I seem to have a hard time finding glowstone to use as a light source, so it probably would be best to try and get to the nether as soon as possible before all those resources are gone. Once your house is done and all good, I would get some good PvP gear and explore the map a little. I would set up an easy accessible mine from in the house, and maybe even a grinder too if your into that. As soon as I step outside my door there are always people waiting to fight me and hopefully succeed in doing so. When you head out on the roads I would be prepared for anything to happen.

• Upvote 1

Dem comic sans.

But yeah, best thing to do is claim your land, then go out into the middle of nowhere, set up a chest and gather some starting supplies. Best to avoid the general chaos that goes around close to spawn. Once shit settles down it's easier to go and work on levelling land/building/what the fuck ever. 

Dem comic sans.

But yeah, best thing to do is claim your land, then go out into the middle of nowhere, set up a chest and gather some starting supplies. Best to avoid the general chaos that goes around close to spawn. Once shit settles down it's easier to go and work on levelling land/building/what the fuck ever.

Dat reply...

I hate the default font >.< no offence to who chose it >:/

Thanks for the great replies! Really helped me out :). Now looking forward to tomorrow rather than being intimidated tehe :)

Dat reply...

I hate the default font >.< no offence to who chose it >:/

Thanks for the great replies! Really helped me out :). Now looking forward to tomorrow rather than being intimidated tehe :)

At least the default is not something as abhorrent as Comic Sans. A simple sans-serif font work well with most OSs and users. Comic Sans just makes people's eyes bleed.

At least the default is not something as abhorrent as Comic Sans. A simple sans-serif font work well with most OSs and users. Comic Sans just makes people's eyes bleed.

</3

Messed up my post a bit, but removed Comic Sans ;)

Edited by Hawkeyezd