Removing/Relocating Builds on Creative

knapptime18

What's the general policy on removing or relocating poor or abandoned builds? I recall seeing a discussion about this a while back but I can't seem to find it. The reason I'm asking this is I was wondering if it would be reasonable for a group of players to periodically explore the map and modreq builds that are eligible for removal by staff, as well as moving statue or rollercoaster builds to a centralized location.

I don't always have the time or creativity to work on my own builds, so I enjoy flying around looking at other players' builds and I wind up finding many eyesores, unfinished builds, and grief that poorly reflects on the quality of the server. I realize that the community already expects a lot from the staff, and it is difficult/impossible for you guys to find every instance of griefing, so I think it would be helpful getting the community a little more involved in keeping the server clean however we can.

Does this sound like a reasonable idea?

Guest Former Staff

This sounds reasonable, for the current revision of creative (24) we had a large cleanup of the area surrounding spawn. In some areas the concentration of builds that are detrimental to the area are too large to modreq, however around the map by all means open up a request if you spot something.

We can check the build to see if it was being built recently and take it from there.

Are there any existing guidelines for what can be removed? I know there has been previous discussion on exactly what is considered a "low effort build" and I don't want to flood the modreq queue with requests for builds that are an eyesore to me, but don't necessarily meet the criteria.

Guest Former Staff

It may be best to bring this up with the creative admins for the reset map as a large clearup of the current map is going to divert too much attention away, as much as I would love to help clear it up.

The general principle of moving/removing builds is vaugely regarded as follows:

If it's just 10ish blocks, and is clearly in the way of a much larger build, ask a moderator to move/remove it.

If it's a large incomplete structure, in the way of another build (which has no other direction to expand in), ask a moderator to move/remove it.

If it's either of the above, or anything else that's majorly griefed, destroyed, incomplete, etc etc, or is reallllllly small, if it's out of the logs, a moderator can remove it UNLESS it's a part of the scenery for another build.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I think it would be a really good idea to destroy or move and destroyed/greifed buildings or move rollarcoasters to it's own spassific area. I have seen many new players coming on and asking, "where should I build?" So it would be a good idea of getting rid of these unused buildings. And by moving rollarcoasters to there own place would provide a lot more space.