Creative Promotional Video

ROCKONN

Definitely something we need. Only issues:
What to put in it?
What to make it in?

What music to put in it?

Who to make it?

Well, I've got two of those relatively planned. Firstly, for the matter of content, we need to look at the best of the best from each catagory of building. We want awe-inspiring builds, from this Rev & previous ones. Stuff like the spawns is good, or large community builds, like Dome 6. We should try to put in as much as possible.

Secondly, music. I can think of nothing better to use for a C showcase promo than Journey of the Sorceror. Excellent song, completely instrumental, perfect timelapse/showcase material.

So here's what we should all do:

Go find the best builds you can on the old revs, or on this rev.

Comment here, naming your build, noting its coordinates, noting which rev it's on.

If possible, provide the name of the builder (just for credit where it's due) and an image/2 of the build.

We'll also need someone with sufficient editing skill to create this masterpiece. I'd assemble it, but my editing equipment is 2 states away.

Go forth, young minecrafters!

Nice plan! we need vids thinking about music we don't need to limit ourselves to one video, we can get a tone of different types of videos with different types of music and different themes. But if any videos are made, pm them to myself, ROCKONN or JohnAdams1735 and we could try to get them uploaded to the server's youtube.

I was sort of thinking something like that video last MineCon to show how the server has grown over the years. With regards to presentation, I think it'd be nice if old maps could be imported into a 3D editing program and rendered at high resolutions, with camera animations and stuff like that.

• Upvote 3

I was sort of thinking something like that video last MineCon to show how the server has grown over the years. With regards to presentation, I think it'd be nice if old maps could be imported into a 3D editing program and rendered at high resolutions, with camera animations and stuff like that.

That would be awesome, if anyone has got the stuff to do this, please do haha.

Nice plan! we need vids thinking about music we don't need to limit ourselves to one video, we can get a tone of different types of videos with different types of music and different themes. But if any videos are made, pm them to myself, ROCKONN or JohnAdams1735 and we could try to get them uploaded to the server's youtube.

Where am I in this loop? :P I did the creative rev trailer, and that was a 20 minute rushed project. I'm happy to record again and edit some stuff :)

The program I used to edit it was crap though, I've swapped since then.

Edited by Skylord_Char
  • Upvote 1

Well unfortunatly you've put music in your video Jauris

So i for one cant see it because its blocked

Same with Chars vid

lol, mine was a joke video anyways. Still, it's possible to watch it, just not embedded.