Who can/should make an AMA?

GMMan

I was going to ask this in that thread asking what the AMAs are doing here, but it's in mod discussions, so I can't reply. The question is, what sort of people can make AMAs? Is it limited to staff, or can anyone make an AMA? If not limited to staff, are there certain criteria to meet before starting one? Obviously not every single player should have an AMA due to crowding.

BTW, spinoff suggestion: In addition to AMA for players, how about AMA for topics as well? Like building, surviving, mob protection, etc. Those who do it the best should answer. Of course, I can see it degenerating from a Q&A format into regular forum conversation, in which case it would be moved out of the AMA forum.

• Upvote 2

Right now anyone can post here, but from what I've read, posts from peons like you and I are probably not going to be welcome here anymore. The ama area will probably be removed or become a "promoted player" only thing.

• Upvote 2

Right now anyone can post here, but from what I've read, posts from peons like you and I are probably not going to be welcome here anymore. The ama area will probably be removed or become a "promoted player" only thing.

Staff members and non-staff members will be allowed to do it, if we ever do stop with the AMA's then staff will not be able to do it either. We do not give privileges to staff members. 

I'd not jump to conclusions so fast. But where they are located may change.