Add a command to get the rule book back

coolgamerovr90

I'd be all for this, I know i've had some people request from me personally that they be given another rules book, but i'm afraid I don't know an easy way of doing so currently. If a way doesn't already exist (and/or there's been no response to this thread from a tech admin in the know in the next few days) feel free to submit a ticket to the NerdBugs page to get this in motion.

• Upvote 3

A sadmin could add a [server] alert that /rulebook can be ran to get the rulebook back again

It would be more effective to simply place an extra sign at spawn, if a person cares enough about their rulebook, they will see the sign at spawn, and regular players do not need to be bothered by an alert intended for the small window of time that someone is new.

P.S.

Totemo, you are wonderful.

Edited by Magnyus
  • Upvote 3

There's already a message in the [server] rotation, and i've been meaning to add a sign at spawn when I have the chance. I'll be updating some of the signs in spawn within the next couple of days for when we bring back on the first-join protection from PvPTimer, so it's on my to-do list.

• Upvote 1

There's already a message in the [server] rotation, and i've been meaning to add a sign at spawn when I have the chance. I'll be updating some of the signs in spawn within the next couple of days for when we bring back on the first-join protection from PvPTimer, so it's on my to-do list.

Goodie! Now, for the first join PvP timer, will that apply to all players once it's added, or only players that are completely new?

• Upvote 1

Thanks Tharine, That is nice to know, I should've checked /alert list before making that post, but it didn't cross my mind at the time

Goodie! Now, for the first join PvP timer, will that apply to all players once it's added, or only players that are completely new?

Apparently it is set to base it on the firstjoin event, and not whether you have already joined or not Edited by coolgamerovr90

Only completely new players, hence why we removed it from the beginning of the revision (it would have meant a nice cosy first hour of the rev for everyone, otherwise).

• Upvote 2