[PMC] Just a reminder for mods

CharGB

I've noticed people leaving modreqs  unclosed, claimed and logging off. It's not a massive issue, and if people have timed out, or there's some sort of emergency then that's perfectly fine. But I just wanted to remind mods to close modreqs if they're done with them. If you feel you can't handle a certain modreq then you can always unclaim it, same for if you're going to log off and feel you don't have enough time to deal with the modreq. I've only spotted it a few times now and had to deal with the modreq myself. There's also been a few griefing modreqs where I can't tell if the mod fixed the grief and forgot to close the modreq, or it is still griefed and the mod didn't get to it and it was minor griefing.

-Char

• Upvote 1

Yeah, you'll see a bunch on Survival that i've claimed at any one time for either one of two reasons. The first being that i'm waiting on another staff member to discuss it/confirm details for, or it's easier to hold onto that req whilst I wait for the player(s) involved respond to me (e.g. harassment, ongoing land claim dispute). Some people will see their closed modreqs, but not their /mail and it can be frustrating and open up more issues if they create new ones whilst it's still being sorted. I can't speak for others, but if I have a modreq claimed, it's almost certain that there's a good reason i've not closed it yet, so i'd appreciate leaving any i've claimed alone.

Yeah, you'll see a bunch on Survival that i've claimed at any one time for either one of two reasons. The first being that i'm waiting on another staff member to discuss it/confirm details for, or it's easier to hold onto that req whilst I wait for the player(s) involved respond to me (e.g. harassment, ongoing land claim dispute). Some people will see their closed modreqs, but not their /mail and it can be frustrating and open up more issues if they create new ones whilst it's still being sorted. I can't speak for others, but if I have a modreq claimed, it's almost certain that there's a good reason i've not closed it yet, so i'd appreciate leaving any i've claimed alone.

I'm mostly just talking about ones for minor grief and placing water/lava on creative. Just the ones that don't require discussion.

I'm mostly just talking about ones for minor grief and placing water/lava on creative. Just the ones that don't require discussion.

I was clarifying my particular circumstances in response to redwall_hp's comment, not addressing the initial post. Wasn't able to get quotes working earlier on, but I figured this was clear enough.